The Ranch

owndjoo

PR Member
So the guy who won moto 1 of 30b/c lets everyone know during his podium speech that he will be running the last 3 rounds of the Nationals, starting at Unidalla.
any word on how Mike Mercer did in the first moto? no results online yet. He's been training hard and haulin the mail this year!

Ryan598

PR Member
In 25+ moto 2 the track was super muddy I guess. Reynard came around in 7th the first lap and 1st the second lap. About 7-9 seconds a lap faster than second place. Looked like he put it on cruise control once he got a 20 second lead.

Winning that class on a 125 is crazy, but in the mud??? Unreal.

john lilly

PR Addict
Really??? wtf! The more I learn about LL BS the more I hate it...Eliminate ALL "C" classes there and 75% of the the Vet classes, let the amateur kids race!
I am not sure that any of this is really amateur any more. Since when is a kid being home schooled and living at a training facility any representation of an amateur sport??? Within 5 years this sport will be nothing but kids that live at training facilities or wealthy families will be the only ones that will be able to go and compete at Loretta's.
My son still wants to try next year but I'm really not that interested in pursuing this road. But, I am sure I will be suckered in.:eek:

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I am not sure that any of this is really amateur any more. Since when is a kid being home schooled and living at a training facility any representation of an amateur sport??? Within 5 years this sport will be nothing but kids that live at training facilities or wealthy families, will be the only ones that will be able to go and compete at Loretta's.
My son still wants to try next year but I'm really not that interested in pursuing this road. But, I am sure I will be suckered in.:eek:
You can do it living in Ohio. Stay in a real school with a real eduction that can be used later in life. Yes the kids at the 24/7/365 places have an advantage but remember less then 1% of the LL racers will make a living at the sport. This means the vast majority will be saying "would you like fries with that?" at McDonald's by the age 25

john lilly

PR Addict
You can do it living in Ohio. Stay in a real school with a real eduction that can be used later in life. Yes the kids at the 24/7/365 places have an advantage but remember less then 1% of the LL racers will make a living at the sport. This means the vast majority will be saying "would you like fries with that?" at McDonald's by the age 25
Ya, I agree. I am not saying that I am pulling him out of school. I am just saying he want's to go for Loretta's and I am not that interested.

owndjoo

PR Member
I am not sure that any of this is really amateur any more. Since when is a kid being home schooled and living at a training facility any representation of an amateur sport??? Within 5 years this sport will be nothing but kids that live at training facilities or wealthy families will be the only ones that will be able to go and compete at Loretta's.
sounds like pretty much any olympic sport.... there are even "schools" in Florida that are football factories pumping out top prospects with a total focus on the sport. It's part of our sports culture.

Zman

PR Addict
Couldn't agree more.. Mitchy has asked.. Whitcraft and I both say no!
I like that he can come down and finish a Moto at the ranch in the top 10...Daytona 2nd overall and live in a house with his family, not a compound, in the snow.. And go to school and still compete. Maximize ur ride time it can be done..

Last edited:

Double D

PR Founding Father
Keep it fun too! Sorry I had to bolt. Got a ton of lose ends at home.

Z boy looking great! Braaaaaap!

john lilly

PR Addict
I like that he can come down and finish a Moto in the top 10... Maybe top 5 and live in a house with his family, not a compound, in the snow.. And go to school and still compete. Maximize ur ride time it can be done..
Ya Darrin, I agree with you that it can be done. I just think its sad that our culture has taken a lot of the amateur out of sports in general. MX isn't the only sport that has gone over bored, all of them do today. It is, what it is, but its not really amateur anymore.

But, anywho, good luck to you and Mitchy and all of the other local riders. It looks like its been some tough conditions. I really hope it stops raining because I would like to watch some WTFO racing.

Zman

PR Addict
Ya Darrin, I agree with you that it can be done. I just think its sad that our culture has taken a lot of the amateur out of sports in general. MX isn't the only sport that has gone over bored, all of them do today. It is, what it is, but its not really amateur anymore.

But, anywho, good luck to you and Mitchy and all of the other local riders. It looks like its been some tough conditions. I really hope it stops raining because I would like to watch some WTFO racing.
Agreed.. Thanks John. Yeah we had another mud Moto at the end of the day..I too hope for dry Motos.

Just rained for the last 2 hours.. Poured...gonna be a rough 65 Moto.. We are up 4th this morning

Last edited:

1foxracing

PR Addict
Cr250f ? He's an old guy maybe a 2 stroke ?

Gary's bike is a 250F frame with a CR250 engine.
1421118_10201803869475100_1270448164_o.jpg

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
25? They're racing into their 30s. So by 32 they'll be asking about fries. But by then it'll be $15 an hour. Not a bad career path.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I like that he can come down and finish a Moto at the ranch in the top 10...Daytona 2nd overall and live in a house with his family, not a compound, in the snow.. And go to school and still compete. Maximize ur ride time it can be done..

How dare you raise a child that will be productive in society one day?!