Battle for Ohio series round 3

hershey

PR Elite
Whats the news on this, isnt it this weekend?

Did the OMA marketing/media/web person quit?

Update:

Found the link to FB on the OMA site when looking for the info, funny thing is I follow them on FB and it never came up. Anyway, here is the FB link for anyone on that wants it.

https://www.facebook.com/OhioMotocrossAssociation/

Figured out how to copy the image. Sorry, last edit to this post.

14068041_1055933984514204_5573159292741772269_n.jpg

Yes, and you pay the full gate fee for the weekend too, no refund for sunday when you leave saturday afternoon.

At least that was the last I heard. Maybe somebody in the know can verify.

Oma card, ama card, gate fee, practice fee.. All for 2 or 3 8-10 min sessions.
Yes, and you pay the full gate fee for the weekend too, no refund for sunday when you leave saturday afternoon.

At least that was the last I heard. Maybe somebody in the know can verify.
40$ ama card
25$ per class practice
15-20$ gate fee per person riding or not
25$ Oma card ( not sure this is needed)
110$ for maybe 30 min of practice...
Someone please tell me I'm wrong here because if not I'm gonna have to pass .

Their intent is for only the people racing the Battle on Sunday to practice on Saturday. It is not a normal open practice.

Expensive, yes - but cheaper than an area or regional with gates just as full it not fuller.

Transponders again does stink though.

Their intent is for only the people racing the Battle on Sunday to practice on Saturday. It is not a normal open practice.

Expensive, yes - but cheaper than an area or regional with gates just as full it not fuller.

Transponders again does stink though.
We did the qualifier and if I remember it was actually cheaper or the same , can't remember if we had to buy the Oma card?
My oldest son raced the qualifier and me and my younger son was considering the battle races with him but after looking at cost may have to pass

Qualifiers are AMA only. From what I was told, Battle races are OMA but in order to have the state rankings by the AMA, the races have to be sanctioned by them as well.

At least the camping is free at Briarcliff. I do think the extra $5 the Battle tracks charged for Friday arrivals sucks. Most of those people are arriving late Friday night so they can make the early 8:00 AM practice on Saturday (you don't want to miss a session at $25 for three 9 minute sessions), but that extra $5 is most certainly a money grab. It costs the tracks nothing to have people sleep there Friday night.

What's the alternative, race CRA races? That's like comparing church league basketball to NCAA.

Qualifiers are AMA only. From what I was told, Battle races are OMA but in order to have the state rankings by the AMA, the races have to be sanctioned by them as well.

At least the camping is free at Briarcliff. I do think the extra $5 the Battle tracks charged for Friday arrivals sucks. Most of those people are arriving late Friday night so they can make the early 8:00 AM practice on Saturday (you don't want to miss a session at $25 for three 9 minute sessions), but that extra $5 is most certainly a money grab. It costs the tracks nothing to have people sleep there Friday night.

What's the alternative, race CRA races? That's like comparing church league basketball to NCAA.
So what do you pay if you stay and race Sunday... Just your classes? 25$ per class?
Seems like a no brainier ... Don't come practice if you don't plan on stayin to race...
May see y'all there , good luck if not !

Assuming you already have an OMA & AMA cards, it'd be $20 per person for the gate fee Friday - Sunday, $25 if you want to practice on Saturday, $25 per class to race on Sunday (no discounts for multiple classes). Don't forget the mandatory $20 transponder rental & $100 deposit for Sunday.

You do have to be a Pitracer member if you want to bitch about anything though.

I justified the $49 AMA card by getting rid of my Aaa card a few years back. AAA was up to $75 a year and with the AMA card I get the same free roadside service, plus a few hotel discounts that have saved me a lot.

We committed to having transponders for all 3 Battle Rounds for 2016. You weren't required to have an OMA card for the qualifier, but it is required as said above, with your AMA card.

Mark F - Have you ever considered a Family AMA membership? $98 for up to 4 family members living in your household.. THAT may be a good deal for you. If you want the family membership, you will need to do that with the AMA office before coming to the track.. or you can buy a one event pass for $20 each! Just a few ideas!

We committed to having transponders for all 3 Battle Rounds for 2016. You weren't required to have an OMA card for the qualifier, but it is required as said above, with your AMA card.

Mark F - Have you ever considered a Family AMA membership? $98 for up to 4 family members living in your household.. THAT may be a good deal for you. If you want the family membership, you will need to do that with the AMA office before coming to the track.. or you can buy a one event pass for $20 each! Just a few ideas!
Any chance they'll allow me to credit the one I already bought for my son at the qualifier? That would save me 49$

thought it might be fun to come outta retirement for it but cant justify the ama card at the end of august just for this one race... back tot he practice track i go lol

thought it might be fun to come outta retirement for it but cant justify the ama card at the end of august just for this one race... back tot he practice track i go lol
An AMA card is good for one year from date of purchase. Not just 2016. Something the OMA for sure needs to look into.

Back