The return... With a twist.

I have waited 17 year for a comeback. One more week won't hurt. Now I can actually go ride the thing before I race it.
Besides, James ride a fart bike this week and I couldn't find Blair with a search warrant.

It's about the build and making it competitive. Not just one race. Yes, I wanted to race today but as it turns out,the timeline was a little too tight.
Besides. The budget got a $25 boost by not paying for a full year of OMA membership for just one race. Even the AMA membership is good for a year from when you buy it.
Oh. And another $25 for not paying for a transponder when there are scorers in the tower and sign-up still costs the same.
I like the technology but until that stuff is free, it's not worth the extra expense. RFID tags cost $1. And if you are still going to manually score, who cares if it works perfect.
This was a budget build. Now we need a budget series / organization and maybe more people will participate in out sport.

I have waited 17 year for a comeback. One more week won't hurt. Now I can actually go ride the thing before I race it.
Besides, James ride a fart bike this week and I couldn't find Blair with a search warrant.

So you are riding Decade and 40+ here is weekend:
OCT 21 – 23 FAST TRAXX FRIGHT FEST 2 DAY GP WEEKEND & HUGE HALLOWEEN PARTY , ACTIVITIES AND HUGE OVERALL TROPHIES
Get Blair out too. He hasn't been in a long time...

It's about the build and making it competitive. Not just one race. Yes, I wanted to race today but as it turns out,the timeline was a little too tight.
Besides. The budget got a $25 boost by not paying for a full year of OMA membership for just one race. Even the AMA membership is good for a year from when you buy it.
Oh. And another $25 for not paying for a transponder when there are scorers in the tower and sign-up still costs the same.
I like the technology but until that stuff is free, it's not worth the extra expense. RFID tags cost $1. And if you are still going to manually score, who cares if it works perfect.
This was a budget build. Now we need a budget series / organization and maybe more people will participate in out sport.

Wow, you really should have just chalked this whole thing up to you f'd up!

Instead, you sound like a dodgy politician! Who else would even think of flipping the topic from one that highlighted your inability to get a bike running in time for an event TO dogging on said event by saying the costs involved with the event were too high and that in the end...wait for, wait for it......... it really was in your best interest to avoid paying for the overpriced event.

Wow, you really should have just chalked this whole thing up to you f'd up!

Instead, you sound like a dodgy politician! Who else would even think of flipping the topic from one that highlighted your inability to get a bike running in time for an event TO dogging on said event by saying the costs involved with the event were too high and that in the end...wait for, wait for it......... it really was in your best interest to avoid paying for the overpriced event.
No mooch. Go back and read the first post. It's about making the sport affordable. You know. The whole "budget" build thing.
I'm not dogging on any event. I LOVE Chilitown and today I paid for the transponder for my son. Again the point is the budget.
Speaking of politics... Nothing like taking parts of what someone says for entertainment purposes and twisting them into something different. Hillary will love your vote.
Oh come on. That was funny....

Missing copper crush washer, brake line routed wrong, homemade anodizing with RIT dye, duct tape numbers. Amatuer hour on Pitracer. This thread went from hero to zero real quick.

Speaking of Hillary. Welcome back premix.
Nope. Didn't miss any crush washer. It was just an old seal. A new water pump kit will fix that and fit in the budget. Brake line is routed correctly. No it was not in that photo because I was going to remove the line and replace all the fluid. Which is done now. Rit dye worked (sort of) and it was fun to try something I had no idea how to do. I figured duct tape was one step better then black electrical tape. So do I now have to change my number to zero?
Oh, so now I'm an amateur but you would cry crocodile tears if I tried to race 45+ at Lorretta's cause I scored a pro point...

Speaking of Hillary. Welcome back premix.
Nope. Didn't miss any crush washer. It was just an old seal. A new water pump kit will fix that and fit in the budget. Brake line is routed correctly. No it was not in that photo because I was going to remove the line and replace all the fluid. Which is done now. Rit dye worked (sort of) and it was fun to try something I had no idea how to do. I figured duct tape was one step better then black electrical tape. So do I now have to change my number to zero?
Oh, so now I'm an amateur but you would cry crocodile tears if I tried to race 45+ at Lorretta's cause I scored a pro point...
Screenshot_2016-10-16-21-04-24.png

92022-34. Washer you're missing. I agree that's not what's causing your leak, but it's missing. And why you thought running 12 year old seal would suffice is beyond me. But hey you've got one more pro point than me .

17 years since you have raced....best move you made was missing it. Get some seat time before a major race, no need to take chances pushing too hard right out of the gate! I wondered from the beginning if it was a good idea.

Kids these days got no respect!o_O

I'm just busting his balls. Love the build thread, but I'm a sucker for details and this one made me face palm a couple of times. If I were CK, ride the balls off this thing all fall, iron out any issues you're bound to have, and come race the old mans class with us next year. Better yet, just put an oversize tank on it and come woods racing with Georgie and I.

One good thing came out of all this hot air.

It motivated me to take my 125 to Chillitown and had the most fun I've ever had racing there! Sure, I did horrible, but ripping around the track on the 125 was so much fun I think that's the only bike I'm taking to future events. I even beat some of the "kids" in the 125cc class and ended up 19th o/a. Not bad for 46 years old and 240lbs.....but having fun was the most important part, and I had more than enough of that!

Double D brought his 125 as well and had similar thoughts-- tons of fun.

How many times can you crush a crush washer? Does it then become a crushed washer? And at what point is it than just a washer?
I am going to ride some woods stuff with you Mr. Mix. But oversize tank will never happen... Gives me an excuse to make more pit stops. I learned that from Senor Porgie.

image.jpeg
So reality just kicked my arse.
Finally got the bike done and running great so I took it to the cliff today.
Being somewhat of an adult I figured I would start on the C track and knock off 17 years of rust. 5 laps later I felt pretty good so I thought I would go back to the truck, check the bike then hit the big track. All is great with the bike so I venture out. 1 slow sight lap and then on the gas. Well, some what. Through the rollers I am bouncing the front wheel off the top of each and carrying good speed into the corner. Make the turn, jump the little up hill double thing and rail the left hander. At that exact moment I forgot I was 46. " wow. That felt good". Right hander kink and I am thinking about a return to the pro's. What could go wrong with two little doubles and the bowl turn in front of me..... Well stand for the first and my pants nearly fall off my butt. I make the little wiggle with the hips to keep them up and land at the exact time... Now, if this has ever happened to you you will know exactly what I am saying. I can HEAR a disk in my lower back slide out of place... Yes, it hurts like it sounds.
Slowly finish the lap and head back to the truck.
Tears rolling down my face as I scoot the bike on the stand.
Tried to stretch it out, and after 20 min I think I can ride again. WRONG.

Had to get help to load the bike and then drive 2 hours back home.
Something about a motorcycle makes you forget about reality. If for only a few minutes. But a bad back never lets you dream very long.
Chiropractor in the morning. Maybe I will hit him up for a sponsorship since this is not going to stop me.

Bike runs great. Of course, no low end, but if you rev the crap out of it then it pulls. Suspension is rock hard. Maybe a tad too harsh. But can be fixed with clickers.
Front brake is junk. Oversized rotor is a must.
Tall seat will help the "bucket seats" feel.
Oh, and most important. Stretch before I try to relive the late 80's again.
Sucks being old

At are age it's more important to warm up, not stretch. Unless your an avid stretch guy who stretches every day, it could hurt more then help. Sorry to hear about your back. Keep it going and keep us informed on the return.

Back