The return... With a twist.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
if you coming to Chilitown bring them with you. I will take a look.
My 2001 Thor parts are still in style right?

For sure get a 125 So much fun trying different things. If it does not work...big whoop...its a 125

ck1racerx

PR Addict
image.jpeg
Batch 2. Much like the first. This pretty much pinpoints the problem. I half ass blasted the clamps and they have original grey in some areas. That means I did not strip the factory coating well enough
Next time I will blast / clean better, up the amps in the anodizing bath and go with a blue or green. No more black.
Btw. I did this without the standard battery acid. I used Ph down for pools to "create" the acid. Easy to dispose of but maybe not strong enough.
And I use standard Rit dye that you can get at any grocery store. Of course there is more to it and all the videos posted showing this say to test several times before you will learn how to do it correct.
If anyone else try's this let me know how it turns out. Maybe I can identify what I did wrong.

Nevertheless. The parts are indeed anodized. I call that a success

Last edited:

mblair

PR Founding Father
since my build wasn't as involved as yours CK I took the 125 out to the track today for a test n tune. Damn I am too far out of shape to ride a 125!! It was allot of fun but also allot of work to keep that thing on the pipe. BTW 400 main and the clip in the 2nd position seemed to work pretty good.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
checked 5 shops today... FIVE... none had a 400 main... No one caries 2 smoke parts anymore.
I have everything now but that damn jet and my suspension back. I hope to have it ready by Tuesday. redid the anodizing this morning... Looks pretty damn good. Pics to come

mblair

PR Founding Father
if you don't find the jet let me know and I will send you one. I am pretty sure I have a few more jets in the ole box.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Only took 9 shops but I finally found the jet. It is starting to look like something. Must admit, with each bolt I tighten I get that much more nervous. Lol. Been a LONG time since I been in a race. Let alone on a 125.
I take back all that crap I said about long motos. I vote for 2 laps. Atleast I could hang for half the moto.
Suspension should be done Friday so that means motor brake in will happen on the stand Saturday morning. First lap of practice I will have a screwdriver with me to adjust the clickers as I go.
Don't you love when you put a bike back together and you have a few "extra" fasteners when your finished?
I will mark it up as weight reduction.
Going to figure up the final budget in the morning but I know for a fact it will be MUCH less then the 2k budget.
image.jpeg

hershey

PR Elite
Only took 9 shops but I finally found the jet. It is starting to look like something. Must admit, with each bolt I tighten I get that much more nervous. Lol. Been a LONG time since I been in a race. Let alone on a 125.
I take back all that crap I said about long motos. I vote for 2 laps. Atleast I could hang for half the moto.
Suspension should be done Friday so that means motor brake in will happen on the stand Saturday morning. First lap of practice I will have a screwdriver with me to adjust the clickers as I go.
Don't you love when you put a bike back together and you have a few "extra" fasteners when your finished?
I will mark it up as weight reduction.
Going to figure up the final budget in the morning but I know for a fact it will be MUCH less then the 2k budget. View attachment 53662

With all your hot air I expect nothing less than a class win! I just wish I could be there to see this.

Seriously though, its really cool to see you excited to be back at it!

Alex186

PR Member
Dropped in the motor last night. I purposely didn't take a pic of the fork sticker suspension company on the other side. For all my suspension guys out there, when I spend.. oh I don't know.. a couple of grand to get some forks anodized for a couple of replica bikes... Please don't put your giant fork stickers on? I paid for everything you did, I'm not sponsored by you, you didn't give me a discount. My skin between my finger nails would appreciate it. You did a amazing job anodizing the forks, does a giant sticker make sense? Rant over... tonight I'll work on the other fork.

14633258_10102951984576452_5244088669495755361_o.jpg

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Just waiting on the suspension. Aside from that, it is finished (maybe some cosmetic stuff to come)
Grand total is $1,332.33 + whatever the shock and fork rebuild cost me. Worked a few deals to get a couple items for a deal but pretty much everyone can do the same as I did for this budget.
That includes everything except the items I purchased to do the anodizing (that was only like $25 but it was not just for this project.)
So, 8 to 10K for a fart bike and then you are afraid to ride it in the mud so you don't break anything. Or $1500 for a smoker and ride it everywhere. No brainer.

Vet261

PR Addict
Well I pre-registered for the 125cc class at CTown.....who all is going to join me?

Their last event they had 30 in that class! I'm guessing most are young enough to be my children (or grandchildren?) and I'm sure I'll have 100+ lbs on most entries.....

ck1racerx

PR Addict
That brings up a good question... now what class do I ride??? 40+ is a given, but then what? 30+, 25+, 125, A (no, I am not riding the A class. Yet :rolleyes: ) 125 sounds cool, literally, but could be super sketchy with all the young whipper snappers.
Maybe just 1 class... but that seems like a waste.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Jeff Pape ain't scared to race the youngins nor Cody calkins.....

Enter the 125 class for sure! Damn you guys, you really know how to get me thinking about just making an appearance for a day race.

Enter 40, and 125 to get your feet wet. If you do your push-ups and eat your 1 cup of wheaties every morning with 4 oz of whole milk enter a third class. That being the 30.

hershey

PR Elite
Just waiting on the suspension. Aside from that, it is finished (maybe some cosmetic stuff to come)
Grand total is $1,332.33 + whatever the shock and fork rebuild cost me. Worked a few deals to get a couple items for a deal but pretty much everyone can do the same as I did for this budget.
That includes everything except the items I purchased to do the anodizing (that was only like $25 but it was not just for this project.)
So, 8 to 10K for a fart bike and then you are afraid to ride it in the mud so you don't break anything. Or $1500 for a smoker and ride it everywhere. No brainer.

Us normal folk will still have to pay $$$$ for the frame coatings too....

Great job, cant wait to see you at the track!!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
wish i could be in attendance, that 125 class is a blast, was fun with 12 on the gate, can only imagine 30 would be awesome. ill keep you guys updated from monster cup :p