The return... With a twist.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Us normal folk will still have to pay $$$$ for the frame coatings too....

Great job, cant wait to see you at the track!!
Frame coating was a deal. I know a guy, that knows a guy that runs a coating company. Would have cost me @100 for powder. Then the rhino lining I swung a deal for because the dealer wanted to see if it would work since it was so thinned out. (I think it is too thin and will come off, maybe next time I will go full strength on that as well. Who knows, it may work) Moral of the story: Just talk to people. Never know what someone else may be thinking about their products also.

Now, the other "coatings" like salt bath nitriding would cost the normal guy a good penny, but for this build they were not required. I just wanted to see how it would turn out. Anyone wanting more info on that process, just look me up at Chilitown. I think I know someone, who knows someone...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
You know tHere are many people that won't talk to people. Or are immediately offended at the first hint of negotiaton. To those I say: whatever, get over it. Suck it up and talk.

Team MMR

PR Addict
checked 5 shops today... FIVE... none had a 400 main... No one caries 2 smoke parts anymore.
I have everything now but that damn jet and my suspension back. I hope to have it ready by Tuesday. redid the anodizing this morning... Looks pretty damn good. Pics to come

Check with Action Cycles in Alliance Ohio, I am not kidding when i say they have the most random assortment of parts. You would not never imagine they would have it and they do.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
image.jpeg
Done. Looks a lot like when I started but she is all new and pretty where it counts. Now the bad news. Since it is 9pm on Friday there is now time to make chili. That's OK. Now someone else has a chance. Besides, everyone likes a comeback after a retirement. Right?
Ok. What's the high low number of bolts that rattle out of it tomorrow? I say 8...
And yes. Those ARE duct tape numbers. They just fit in the budget

ck1racerx

PR Addict
hey. It's duct tape. It will blow off as soon as I wash it. Lol. Just bled the front brake. Yeah 12 year old brake fluid is nasty. And yes. I routed it back around the correct side.
Pretty sure I am the first person to even tighten the spokes in this thing. 4 are frozen. Didn't want to do it but sprayed them with wd40 to see if I can free the nipple from the spoke.
Rode it up and down the street. Sounds good. Now have to double check every bolt (realized the rear axle bolt was loose when I rode it. Whoops).
I'm such a noob

ck1racerx

PR Addict
image.jpeg
I was thinking of my buddy J.O. When I put these on. Original 1985 Team Green stickers from Loretta's.
Oldskool baby.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
image.jpeg
Well. Bad news. Broke it in last night and this morning while loading I noticed a lot of water on the stand. Looks like I have a water pump leak. No Kaw shops around have a rebuild kit so.... No come back this week.
So what did we learn here boys and girls? Don't wait until the night before a race to actually see if the bike you intend on racing actually works.
#usedbikelife.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea come on Knox you know motocross racing these days....motor aren't long enough for the bike to get hot. Especially in October.

adam63

PR Addict
View attachment 53690 Well. Bad news. Broke it in last night and this morning while loading I noticed a lot of water on the stand. Looks like I have a water pump leak. No Kaw shops around have a rebuild kit so.... No come back this week.
So what did we learn here boys and girls? Don't wait until the night before a race to actually see if the bike you intend on racing actually works.
#usedbikelife.
Excuses... excuses.
Looks to me like the drain bolt is leaking from that pic?
No money in the budget for coolant?