Race Ohio Membership Cards

I do believe, for the Halloween race, the memberships are $5 each for OMA and Buckeye with Chillitown paying a portion of the that difference. Just something I heard back in the winter.

I've been to many events that were multi-sanctioned. The way it worked was that if you wanted to receive points for that respective series, you had to have that respective membership. You were not required to purchase all of them.

I've been to many events that were multi-sanctioned. The way it worked was that if you wanted to receive points for that respective series, you had to have that respective membership. You were not required to purchase all of them.

So you were able to opt out of AMA points?? That's cool, where was this held, margaritaville?

Or opt out of all "points" and just use the AMA crap card. Better yet. I would pay $50 a year to an organization and flip the AMA the bird. One card.
Done, end of story

Maybe not the place for it but.... We have been dealt this "your membership goes to the points prizes" BS before just to find out you then have to BUY a ticket to the year end awards get together.
Are we going to run into the same extortion that the northerners have to?
Please say no
Please say no

You know........that may be the last straw for me. Anyone that knows me , knows I'm not a cheapskate. But I get tired of all the bullshit that goes with getting another whatever the eff bullshit paperwork I have to sign up for. How about I just staple a god ?!Xxhfkdm 5 dollar bill to my entry and leave me the hell alone!

RAMFS. B Ack me up here!

No wonder everyone is bailing on moto!

I got paid for that rant. That makes me a professional. .02 cents.

Big news! Fashion Bug + will be there sponsoring riders! 5 bucks for a Fashion Plus card gets you racing advice, romantic advice, social media tutoring and of course fashion! We will even pay 2 dollars toward your other card fees! PayPal, cash and Fashion Bug + card accepted. Limited supplies!

Disclaimer: Must be large in size, lack fashion ability, non- smoker, non-drinker, non coffee drinker, no cable, no wifi, not currently on the electric grid, not a card carrying member of the AMA, NRA ,CRA, OMA, Race Ohio thingy or PETA! Club a seal! Pretty much a fat Amish person not named Dave qualifies. Good luck!

Got online and paid for my OMA cards Sunday. Connie emailed me, my cards are waiting at registration at Malvern. Done. Sent RaceOhioMX info to them with a $40 check and a self addressed envelope, I even put the stamp on it. Done. Quit your bitching and do it online and by mail.

As for the $5, seriously? All the money we drop on everything else, and people complain about a $5 one day membership.

I will buy all the damn cards because... Well I have to. But at no point will I stop biotching about them. Back in the district days (and lets be straight up, this is nothing more then a new district layout) you the rider could attend meetings, vote on officials to lead the "organization". See financial statements on who, how and where the money was spent. Even attend the scheduling meeting and be able to talk with each of the track owners / promoters when they were not stretched to the limit at one of their events. Heck, we even got a news letter.
Now, we the riders get NONE of that. It's blindly send your membership and assume it is being spent on and for our sport.
Yes I know it's year one of this series and thinks may get better. But just like with the OMA, this series is basically in the hands of a couple guys.

Ok, honestly it's not the 5 bucks. Not for most people anyway. Let's face it though, name any other race that you are required to have 3 different sanctioning body memberships for???? 3!!! It's not like it's an AMA card and a district too.....we are talking 3 independent racing sanctioning organizations.....ALL requiring a card. Why is it that an area qualifier at BC or Chillitown doesnt require an OMA card? Why is it at SOBMX this year at the area qualifier, that was also a southern mx mega series race, not require a membership for that series? This is just a money grab for another series promoter.

It's just the principal of the whole thing. It is the feeling that you get when the government keeps getting bigger and keeps adding more requirements and taxes to everything. It's the same feeling you get when the cable company raises rates for no extra coverage. That feeling you get when the price if fuel went up .50 a gal an hour before you filled up your car.

It's just more of everything except benefit for the rider. The race at chillitown has always been a fantastic event, even when you only needed an OMA card.

Its is because the can. On FB today, someone asked why CTMX was charging $50 a night to camp instead of $30, like normal. Why....because they can! My response, if your going to anything to do with LL, they are going to charge you extra. $40 a class, $10 qualifying fee, increased gate charge, increased camping, etc. It is supply and demand. People want to be there, they are going to pay.

I get the point of it. CTMX, probably should have just went OMA or RaceOhioMX, but not both. Then this would have been a non issue.

Is Chillitown's Halloween event AMA? I thought only the Battle races were? I don't recall needing AMA for anything other than the battle races.

Maybe not the place for it but.... We have been dealt this "your membership goes to the points prizes" BS before just to find out you then have to BUY a ticket to the year end awards get together.
Are we going to run into the same extortion that the northerners have to?
Please say no
Please say no
no tickets

Is Chillitown's Halloween event AMA? I thought only the Battle races were? I don't recall needing AMA for anything other than the battle races.

Yes, all chillitown races require AMA and OMA. Last year it was anyway. Look on the website, it's still on there.

It was said in previous years that the reason an AMA membership was required to race the Battle races was so that the AMA could recognize the true state champions in Ohio. Yet, none of the Battle trophies has "AMA" anywhere on them, nor can you log on to the AMA website if you wanted to look up the top five riders in each class in Ohio.

Unless you are looking for a decent roadside assistance program, there really isn't much benefit to being part of the AMA for the average Joe.

It was said in previous years that the reason an AMA membership was required to race the Battle races was so that the AMA could recognize the true state champions in Ohio. Yet, none of the Battle trophies has "AMA" anywhere on them, nor can you log on to the AMA website if you wanted to look up the top five riders in each class in Ohio.

Unless you are looking for a decent roadside assistance program, there really isn't much benefit to being part of the AMA for the average Joe.
Its about getting a "ProAM" status to the race. That's why they did it I believe.

Back