Race Ohio Membership Cards

It was said in previous years that the reason an AMA membership was required to race the Battle races was so that the AMA could recognize the true state champions in Ohio. Yet, none of the Battle trophies has "AMA" anywhere on them, nor can you log on to the AMA website if you wanted to look up the top five riders in each class in Ohio.

Unless you are looking for a decent roadside assistance program, there really isn't much benefit to being part of the AMA for the average Joe.
All of our awards last year had the AMA logo including the Battle Awards.
0654dafaf393d6ce5348102ece8d1ac2.jpg

Was just looking around the raceohiomx website. They are giving away $10 Octane Bucks with every entry! Very cool. Can be used at Batavia or Middletown Cycles. So once again, the guys in Ohio are giving you 40% of the cost of your entry back in Bucks to be spent. So to all the guys claiming racing is too expensive, your paying $15 in reality because your gonna spend the $10.

Ride one race at each track, and they are giving away a pit bike to the youth classes, and one to the A,B, C and Vet classes. Your odds of winning are about 10 million better than the lotto.

So, don't worry about buying a RaceOhio membership, your getting it back!
I guess that would be great if you planned on shopping at Batavia or Middletown. Rocky Mountain cards are great, but a small dealership half way across the state from where some people live....not so much.

My first thought is, there has to be a better way. For some reason the word polygamy pops in my head!

Is there a way to get the organizations to work together and have one honor the other?
I think requiring 3 memberships for one race is finally too far. Things like this make it easier all the time to ride harescrambles and just take my kids riding for the day and let them have low pressure fun.

Last edited:
Just to add one thing. Besides I'm up at 330am to go to work.

I am not complaining about the 5 bucks. It's just a another pain in da butt
Step I have to take when I am balls to the walls with time every day.

I also am not complaining about Ctmx. Their sign up is fantastic. On line. The events are great and worth having to spend an extra 10 bucks for me and my kid. See you at all the events this year.

Got online and paid for my OMA cards Sunday. Connie emailed me, my cards are waiting at registration at Malvern. Done. Sent RaceOhioMX info to them with a $40 check and a self addressed envelope, I even put the stamp on it. Done. Quit your bitching and do it online and by mail.

As for the $5, seriously? All the money we drop on everything else, and people complain about a $5 one day membership.
Absolutely, Connie rocks ! Not the issue.

Has nothing to do with the 5 bucks for me. I already spent a 100k so I can spend the night at the track not to deal with leaving home at 4am to get to sign up. Just the extra step I have to take to go riding.

Boo hoo I need a Kleenex, sniff sniff.

And yes I do realize I spent more time bitching about it than it woul have taken to go on line to buy it.

Ok, honestly it's not the 5 bucks. Not for most people anyway. Let's face it though, name any other race that you are required to have 3 different sanctioning body memberships for???? 3!!! It's not like it's an AMA card and a district too.....we are talking 3 independent racing sanctioning organizations.....ALL requiring a card. Why is it that an area qualifier at BC or Chillitown doesnt require an OMA card? Why is it at SOBMX this year at the area qualifier, that was also a southern mx mega series race, not require a membership for that series? This is just a money grab for another series promoter.

It's just the principal of the whole thing. It is the feeling that you get when the government keeps getting bigger and keeps adding more requirements and taxes to everything. It's the same feeling you get when the cable company raises rates for no extra coverage. That feeling you get when the price if fuel went up .50 a gal an hour before you filled up your car.

It's just more of everything except benefit for the rider. The race at chillitown has always been a fantastic event, even when you only needed an OMA card.

100% agree it's not about the $5 but the principle. It's getting out of control. If a RaceOhio card is required for quads to race at the Chillitown Halloween race then I'll stay home.

Go back to bed!
No Kidding, both you need to go back to bed.......no one needs to be up that early in the morning.

100% agree it's not about the $5 but the principle. It's getting out of control. If a RaceOhio card is required for quads to race at the Chillitown Halloween race then I'll stay home.
Doubt Quads would need one, since RaceOhioMX does not offer any quad classes.

Already in cincy. Got stuff to do. I know you politicians need to get up early enough to make it to lunch. Ha ha
LMAO.....I have a 1pm appointment in Columbus. Don't want to rush into the day too quick. I have a 7pm meeting with drinks afterward. Makes for a long day.

[QUOTE="John250, post: 642407, member: 8728"

Doubt Quads would need one, since RaceOhioMX does not offer any quad classes.[/QUOTE]

Now that's some funny stuff!

Where's the day pass going ?

How long before memberships will be required for local practice ?
Memberships go back into the series, there is some up front cost deducted, like the membership cards being printed the website design and hosting fees. The remaining money will go into the end of series awards. There is additional money added to the awards from each class you enter that the promoters give back to the series. I can reinsure you the awards being given to us from our sponsors , will make it one of the premier Ohio series. I would also like to address the Octane bucks you can order stuff online or call in and order anything with your Octane Bucks, like Rocky Mountain ATV no need to drive across the state to redeem your Octane bucks. I originally had rocky mountain atv onboard with their program but the owners of Middletown/ Octane outlet stepped up to the plate donated two pit bikes, raceday giveaways,this was our decision to help promote the brick and mortar stores. The memberships are now available online to purchase via paypal . Please note we will be offering online race day sign ups so you will not have wait in line, we strive to get you in and out on race day in a timely manner.

Memberships go back into the series, there is some up front cost deducted, like the membership cards being printed the website design and hosting fees. The remaining money will go into the end of series awards. There is additional money added to the awards from each class you enter that the promoters give back to the series. I can reinsure you the awards being given to us from our sponsors , will make it one of the premier Ohio series. I would also like to address the Octane bucks you can order stuff online or call in and order anything with your Octane Bucks, like Rocky Mountain ATV no need to drive across the state to redeem your Octane bucks. I originally had rocky mountain atv onboard with their program but the owners of Middletown/ Octane outlet stepped up to the plate donated two pit bikes, raceday giveaways,this was our decision to help promote the brick and mortar stores. The memberships are now available online to purchase via paypal . Please note we will be offering online race day sign ups so you will not have wait in line, we strive to get you in and out on race day in a timely manner.

Great for you guys down there but how does that help and/or apply to the riders from OMA that will never race another "ride Ohio" race but do compete in the OMA series ? That is forcing another cost for OMA racers out of their control for no benefit.

BS

I got paid for that rant. That makes me a professional. .02 cents.[/QUOTE]
Great for you guys down there but how does that help and/or apply to the riders from OMA that will never race another "ride Ohio" race but do compete in the OMA series ? That is forcing another cost for OMA racers out of their control for no
Great for you guys down there but how does that help and/or apply to the riders from OMA that will never race another "ride Ohio" race but do compete in the OMA series ? That is forcing another cost for OMA racers out of their control for no benefit.

BS
Hershey this is why we offered a rider a 1 day membership for $5.00, thus not charging the entire $20.00 for a racer that may only race one or two races.

Back