Race Ohio Membership Cards

This has taken an interesting turn.
First I would like to say that I hold a lot of sanction cards. But I'm at a place in my life where I can afford to as well. Thirty years ago I could have never joined all of the sanctions you must join today, even if it's just a day membership. Then rent a transponder which hasn't come up yet, but I think you will need one of those for this race as well?
I race the GNCC stuff now, as does a member of the Race Ohio Staff. So I wonder since most GNCC races are multi sanctioned do you join or buy a one day pass at all of those races? I don't, nor have I ever been expected to. So why is it necessary for a MX race?
Call me cheap or try to belittle me for speaking out. What ever. I travel to and support many tracks and sanctions so childish comments won't even register with me. I feel bad for the rider or family you may be forcing out. And yes $5 could be the straw that broke the camels back.

I feel like it necessary to add one last point on this topic and then we'll get back to our Regional preparations. Believe it or not, as tough as tracks may sound or appear, they do care how the general population perceives their decisions. To dual sanction was not an easy choice. We discussed our options and spoke with other Ohio Mx related folks. Some said it was too much. Some also said you can't offer free entry to pros, 50's and women's/girls classes. They also said you can't build a track on a piece of flat property and expect anyone to show up. A promoter sees and hears it all, good and bad. It's how that information is digested that determines what the future holds. This dual sanction was meant to be a thread that hopefully keeps unity between two organizations. This dual sanction could very well costs ctmx upwards of $3,200. We are not doing it to flex our muscles and be money hungry fools. A fool we may be for trying this event in such manner, but if it doesn't work out we will take notes, process what we learned and build on to the next idea. "It's not just a race, it's an event" Jeremy

Could this mean people spending their money on practice days to get more seat time for their money? I know battle races are huge, we have done it having an OMA and an AMA membership. So what the problem is?

I feel like it necessary to add one last point on this topic and then we'll get back to our Regional preparations. Believe it or not, as tough as tracks may sound or appear, they do care how the general population perceives their decisions. To dual sanction was not an easy choice. We discussed our options and spoke with other Ohio Mx related folks. Some said it was too much. Some also said you can't offer free entry to pros, 50's and women's/girls classes. They also said you can't build a track on a piece of flat property and expect anyone to show up. A promoter sees and hears it all, good and bad. It's how that information is digested that determines what the future holds. This dual sanction was meant to be a thread that hopefully keeps unity between two organizations. This dual sanction could very well costs ctmx upwards of $3,200. We are not doing it to flex our muscles and be money hungry fools. A fool we may be for trying this event in such manner, but if it doesn't work out we will take notes, process what we learned and build on to the next idea. "It's not just a race, it's an event" Jeremy

Patient and thoughtful explanation. The decision obviously is yours as is the gamble. Congratulations on the outstanding job you have done so far. Your post shows why.

CTMX was trying to probably draw the old D11 riders. Always amazed me, they are so close to Dayton and Cincinnati, and the most of the old D11 riders would never be at CTMX. So makes sense for them to try to draw those riders to that race.

It is comical to read all the comments. It is really not that big of a deal, pay $5 for a one day card and be done with it. You guys all spend tons of money chasing LL qualifiers and regionals (where your gouged) and want to complain about a 3rd card. Just pay the $5.

You also have to ride 1 race at each track to be eligible for the pitbike giveaway. So many riders may show up for the October race because of that. The odds are pretty good at winning if your ride one race at each track. I am assuming the only race at CTMX that counts toward that though, is the October race.

People that chase LLQ will without a doubt be there John. It's the guys that race a few times a year that probably won't be (all your MIA d11 racers)...but a promoter isn't trying to pull them in anyway. They're not reliable repeat customers.

Fatt Boyz a brick and mortar store has just stepped up and someone is going to win a set of custom wheels and tires for their ride. The Race Ohio series the will give somebody's ride a new look, thanks for the riders already ordering your memberships online. Scott is working on scheduling Aaron Plessinger to come in town to award the wheels and tires.
Rick

People that chase LLQ will without a doubt be there John. It's the guys that race a few times a year that probably won't be (all your MIA d11 racers)...but a promoter isn't trying to pull them in anyway. They're not reliable repeat customers.

This isn't for the qualifier, for that they raised camping to 50 a night for hook ups and 50 per class. Most I've paid yet but we're going. I was going to just pass on the hookups but for the first time I've ever seen, they are charging $25 a night for primitive camping. WTF??? Isn't that what the admission price for? I'm sorry, but this is going to price some people out.

Back