It's Regional Time!

Ironman is an Awesome facility. They ran a great program. I had a ball.
I love Regionals...
The track is actually a slow track when compared to some others, that's nice.
Up then down, then up, then down....very little flat...great elevation change.
Ruts, holes, berms & bumps..everywhere.

......and Never, ever, count out Davie Jones.
Battles hard every lap of every moto to work his way up -
Great Ride's Brother!

Hey Kelly, did you get the overall on that guy on the Yam you were battling with ??
I sure hope so......He was parked by me and kept his cheap-o generator running all night!
I was pulling for you to smoke him...

Hey Kelly, did you get the overall on that guy on the Yam you were battling with ??
I sure hope so......He was parked by me and kept his cheap-o generator running all night!

I think they should do a sound check on all generators !!

I am shocked at the amount of people that go to regionals. For years I have been on a rip about how poor Ohio racers do at the ranch, yet 100's go to regionals KNOWING full darn well they have ZERO chance of making it, let alone making the top 10. Yet people still keep dumping tons of money into MX Sports hoping against hope that the top 30 crash in the first turn... all 3 moto's and they get the chance to go to LL just to get waxed.
I just do not get that... yet dudes complain about the cost of racing vs. practice... What are you practicing for? Better yet, the practicing you are doing is NOT working.
Vet's and 50's around here do well at the regionals. The rest of the classes are very few and far between.

Welp, I hope the boy does good this year, we won't be trying this again. Just figured out the regional is $100 per class. No wonder the sport is going the way of the dodo bird.
How was the dodo done in?
How long you been in this sport that's "NOW" going the way of the Dodo?

Add in the increased spectator fee, increased camping fees that chilli is charging. Doesn't make sense to try for it.
Just go practice and do local races.

Are you really surprised they would charge more than a local race? ... This is NOT a local race.
It's part of a National Championship

If it makes no sense, then why do it
Stay local .......and enjoy!

Last edited:
I have followed racing my whole life, I never got into racing. I read and can see the low attendance at current races.
But they had to cap the classes at Ironman..... Cap = No open spots....
More wanted in than they would allow..... How's that equate to low attendance?

Last edited:

Nooooo [emoji20]. I had him last moto and i made a mistake and he got by. I didnt catch back up in time. My goal was to beat him and i blew it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am shocked at the amount of people that go to regionals. For years I have been on a rip about how poor Ohio racers do at the ranch, yet 100's go to regionals KNOWING full darn well they have ZERO chance of making it, let alone making the top 10. Yet people still keep dumping tons of money into MX Sports hoping against hope that the top 30 crash in the first turn... all 3 moto's and they get the chance to go to LL just to get waxed.
I just do not get that... yet dudes complain about the cost of racing vs. practice... What are you practicing for? Better yet, the practicing you are doing is NOT working.
Vet's and 50's around here do well at the regionals. The rest of the classes are very few and far between.

It's because we like riding dirt bikes and we like riding against other guys that like riding dirt bikes.
And.... we get to ride our dirt bikes on National tracks with National prep (with those scary ruts and nasty bumps) against some of the fastest riders in the sport.

Nooooo [emoji20]. I had him last moto and i made a mistake and he got by. I didnt catch back up in time. My goal was to beat him and i blew it. Lol.

I was up by the bridge watching and some talk was going on between some guys.
I said the rider on the Suz was a girl.....and they all started cheering for you to zap the guy too!!

I can answer that. I went to the ironman regional with my husband knowing i had a ZERO percent chance of making it. His chance was a little bit better than mine but by no means did we go with the intent of him getting a ticket. We went becAuse this is what we do. We love riding and racing and thats how we spend our weekends. Ironman has 1 other opportunity to ride there so knowing we would have full gates to race what better way to mark ironman off the list of tracks we have rode. The place is absolutely beautiful and we had an awesome weekend hanging out with friends. Just watching and cheering for other friends is a big part of the trip as well.

I was up by the bridge watching and some talk was going on between some guys.
I said the rider on the Suz was a girl.....and they all started cheering for you to zap the guy too!!

[emoji16][emoji16] thanks sharc.

Back