It's Regional Time!

Fosnock is an Badd Ass!! He sure kept Grewe on his toes all weekend. Who is he? Got any background on him?

How about the moto with Rocket working his way past 4-5 guys in the last lap...great stuff.

Do you ever post up any of the photo's you take? if so...where may we see them.

Unfortuantely Billy made some poor decisions in life (assault, armed robbery come to mind). Fom what I have heard, he has his life in order now.
I am impressed that Rocket passed that many on the last lap and not one of them ended up on the ground.
After the race, i headed to my dad's place for a couple of days, so I will be sorting through the photos later today and see what I have.

bruce

Not bad, didn't make it til Sunday but so proud of how he did was never at the back and 2 and 3 spots away from making it. Damn good beings took the entire year of 2016 off racing. He ran vet +30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was some great racing this weekend!!! Good job to all the Ohio riders who made it in this weekend. This wasn't our weekend but we will regroup and try again next weekend at Pleasure Valley! That A class is stacked! Here's a video of Michael's attempt at the triple during practice- set the tone for the rest of the weekend, need I say more!o_O

Oh my, I didn't ride the track this weekend but I didn't think you could come up that short unless you tried, boy was I wrong! After seeing that vid. I understand why my boy never tried it. I did see a few others come up short on that thing but none I saw got bucked like that.

I assume he is ok, just a little gun shy and bruised ego?

Not bad, didn't make it til Sunday but so proud of how he did was never at the back and 2 and 3 spots away from making it. Damn good beings took the entire year of 2016 off racing. He ran vet +30

+30 at Ironman was brutal fast....good for him.
Did he like the track?

Man what an awesome freaking weekend!! To watch everything was a blast !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knox, you were a gate filler at Pro Nationals, and now you are wondering why us gate fillers go to LL Regionals? Isn't that kinda the same thing except we are slower than you and are actually spending less money than you did as a Pro National chaser?

The point is, it's about fun. If I can afford to travel with my camper and enjoy large events, then that's my choice.

I don't see anyone telling people not to go to DisneyWorld and just stay home and got to Cedar Point instead. I'm sure there ARE people that do that...
Pro field fillers get paid. Not much but enough to pay the bills.
Hey, if you can afford it then to each their own. BUT the guys that run these regionals then never go to a local race are killing it at the local level.
I seen names pop up at the regional that NEVER race around our area. And I scratch my head asking WHY?
And yes. I would rather go to cedar point over rat world any day.

I could be wrong, but I don't think those people are killing the local level. It's not really their responsibility to fund the local racing scene. People buying suv's aren't killing the minivan market. Minivans are killing the minivan market. It's the product. People like suv's better than minivans right now even though many of them cost more than a minivan.

The product at the local level, as well as a simple change of the times, is killing local level racing. People that race motocross have money. They can spend it as they wish, and a lot of those people want a premium product. Not to mention, a lot of these people have families. Sometimes the high cost/profile events create an "experience" that an entire family can enjoy instead of just dad. THIS IS NOT A DIG ON LOCAL RACING BY THE WAY.

It's not even the promoters' fault. They have to make money. The simple fix to us, the consumer, is to lighten up the classes to fill up the gates. Economically though, I think that still results in a lower return even if every class has a full gate. In today's local system, most people run two classes, sometimes three. That's how promoters make money, and it's very hard to revert back to old ways when you have increasing operating costs. Huge risk, potentially no reward.

Moral of the story, I don't think it's anyone's fault really. I think preferences are changing for people right now with the way they use their money, especially in this sport. People don't have time to chase points anymore.

I seen names pop up at the regional that NEVER race around our area. And I scratch my head asking WHY?

Are you not reading the same threads I'm reading ?

Competition. Nobody wants to race 8 people. The only class that gets a full gate locally is C. No wonder people don't wanna leave the class. At least they're racing a decent number of people.

When's the last time a local race had a full gate ?! I can't remember. Last time I raced a full gate was a regional or mini o's. 13 years ago.

27 in the 125 still isn't a full gate but it's a lot better than racing 7!!!!

So people don't go to local races because people don't go to local races???? Here is an idea... Go to local races...
For sure there are WAY to damn many classes. Per the AMA rule book if a class has less than 5 entries that class does NOT have to be run. Well we have years of data showing what classes historically have an average of well under 5, yet all tracks keep advertising those classes and running them with 1 or 2 riders just to get that $25 out of their pockets. Can't blame the promoter, they want to cash. Can't blame the rider. They just want more seat time
This is where the AMA has to step up and say "you know what, the current class configuration is not working. Let's make a change".
Less classes means more seat time for the racers that do show up. It also means larger gates which brings people back to local races. Bam we have came full circle
The real problem is in the rule book. Take a look at the pro racing AMA rule book. You will see "MX Sports" more then the word "motorcycle". MX Sports wants a crap ton of classes that way they make more $$$. Local riders then want the classes structured so they can make it to LL. This stops advancement of the riders to the class they should be in and thus keeps true new people out because they don't want to get smoked by sandbaggers.
Then people rave on how great MC Sports is because they have endless amount of revenue coming in. It feeds itself. Why does the product stink at a local level? Because you don't show up. It eats its self

Oh my, I didn't ride the track this weekend but I didn't think you could come up that short unless you tried, boy was I wrong! After seeing that vid. I understand why my boy never tried it. I did see a few others come up short on that thing but none I saw got bucked like that.

I assume he is ok, just a little gun shy and bruised ego?

Yes exactly! He was fine (Gumby) thank the good Lord, but hopefully lesson learned!!!! Especially after dad told him not to even try and do it!

Have to agree with Knox on this one. Lots of names from SW ohio, and western Ohio, that I am like...."who the heck is that" and I have been around forever. These guy don't race local at all. I also agree that the ones complaining about not going to locals because no one is there, well....if you and others started showing up, more people would be at local races.

MX Sports runs a good program. But they also know how to continue to get yet another $5 or $10 out of everyone for everything to get more money $$$. I've seen it happen at Daytona, as they continue to add and add. The biggest complaint, charging my whole family for an extra day sincegate they now race 4 wheelers on Tuesday. 95% of the bike people are gone, but yet 100% of us all paid for a Tuesday gate. Nice, it is like Welfare for ATVs.....let the Bikes pay for the extra day at the speedway.

I saw video of Landon Armbruster jumping the big triple on his 450, no problem. On his 250 2 stroke, man, he barely made it, but not an issue. I would guess he jumped a foot further than hand and kept going. Show that the margin for crashing and continuing on no problem is VERY small sometimes.

So people don't go to local races because people don't go to local races???? Here is an idea... Go to local races...
For sure there are WAY to damn many classes. Per the AMA rule book if a class has less than 5 entries that class does NOT have to be run. Well we have years of data showing what classes historically have an average of well under 5, yet all tracks keep advertising those classes and running them with 1 or 2 riders just to get that $25 out of their pockets. Can't blame the promoter, they want to cash. Can't blame the rider. They just want more seat time
This is where the AMA has to step up and say "you know what, the current class configuration is not working. Let's make a change".
Less classes means more seat time for the racers that do show up. It also means larger gates which brings people back to local races. Bam we have came full circle
The real problem is in the rule book. Take a look at the pro racing AMA rule book. You will see "MX Sports" more then the word "motorcycle". MX Sports wants a crap ton of classes that way they make more $$$. Local riders then want the classes structured so they can make it to LL. This stops advancement of the riders to the class they should be in and thus keeps true new people out because they don't want to get smoked by sandbaggers.
Then people rave on how great MC Sports is because they have endless amount of revenue coming in. It feeds itself. Why does the product stink at a local level? Because you don't show up. It eats its self

Where did you go racing last weekend?
What classes did you run?
How was the track?

Oh and ...How many local races have you raced so far this year?

Pro field fillers get paid. Not much but enough to pay the bills.
Really ? maybe in 1982 ...but it's not 1982 anymore.
How much would a 25th place pay out at a national ????

Hey, if you can afford it then to each their own. BUT the guys that run these regionals then never go to a local race are killing it at the local level.
Wow - That's a pretty big stretch....
Really ....you can't come up with a reason???

Have to agree with Knox on this one. Lots of names from SW ohio, and western Ohio, that I am like...."who the heck is that" and I have been around forever. These guy don't race local at all. I also agree that the ones complaining about not going to locals because no one is there, well....if you and others started showing up, more people would be at local races.
Maybe their not afraid of a soft track or of some ruts or a few bumps.

MX Sports runs a good program. But they also know how to continue to get yet another $5 or $10 out of everyone for everything to get more money $$$. I've seen it happen at Daytona, as they continue to add and add. The biggest complaint, charging my whole family for an extra day sincegate they now race 4 wheelers on Tuesday. 95% of the bike people are gone, but yet 100% of us all paid for a Tuesday gate. Nice, it is like Welfare for ATVs.....let the Bikes pay for the extra day at the speedway.

This is discussion about the Ironman Regional ...an event you didn't go to.
So far, it seems most of the folks that went...(not you)... felt they got a good bargain, enjoyed themselves, the facility and the event.
Why do you bring up Daytona in an Ironman post???? It has nothing to do with the Ironman Regional.
Oh yeah - You bring up Daytona just so you could inject some negativity towards MX Sports

519_fullsizerender.jpg

Just look how many folks don't have a clue... and are doing it all wrong..LOL!!!

Back