It's Regional Time!

I mean the battle series, qualifiers and regionals are the only races that will stress a rider out. Locally racing 3 guys sucks. Even if you get 20th at a regional you earned it. Because everyone's so effin fast. I can't stand racing local races. It's just...blah. I want to rip into the first turn with 25-40 guys. Not with 7.

Local race no butterflies

Qualifier regional mega butterflies on the gate. Ancyness. That kinda shake up is why they can charge $100/class.

No Kelly .... we should all just slit our wrists because we can't hang.......
Now you're talking (or typing) Shark. I know as a fan/spectator that I would have had a much better time if the gate fillers would have just stayed home. A classes should have just been Cooper, Pennington, Bailey, and Crown. And, of course, in the B-classes just let Garrett on the track alone (at least then the kid would have pulled a holeshot), and in 40 and 50 plus, we might as well gave Grewe a track by himself....oops, someone forgot to tell Fosnock that Grewe is untouchable. Hopefully by now, if you are still reading, you realize that I am being sarcastic. As a fan, just as most of you enjoy the competition of full gates against the areas best, I enjoy watching it just as much.

bruce

I enjoy the qualifiers and regionals. I also understand I'm not getting a top 6 in my life time. I like to race the full gates. But I also don't understand all the price increases for these races. From MX Sports to the Promoters why is it so easy to bite the hand that feeds you? Am I missing something? Or are you forced to raise all of your prices? Entries, Gate fees, and Camping etc.

I dont like paying all the fees either but when you sit back and start adding up all the numbers even if they make over a million on this Loretta's thing all the over head they have that doesnt make a dent in salaries as a small business owner we would hardly get by. I think we were treated really well at Iron Man. Gate fee was $40 adults $20 kids 11 and under that was getting in Thursday night, racing was $45 class not including mxsports. I got 3 motos on a national track with some of the fastest vets in the mideast. Also no pit vehicle fee or camping fee, unlike this weekend going to chillitown the hook up fees went up 67 % power company must be raising cost, if you want to camp in the field and use your generator still getting charge, charge for your pit vehicle, more money a class than iron man they will make their money but dont bitch when us local guys take our money out of state and dont run our local regional cause we have been burned

We went just to get away for weekend and he wanted to race for fun(something other than local) it was a blast. By far my favorite place to camp out so far. More traveling to do, more national tracks to ride on amauter day. Not all about the money but living life! Doing what ya love.

i envy you guys that do it for fun. Wish i had that bone in my body but my hatred for everything MX Sports prevents me from ever accepting a bogus fee just so they can type your name on a list. For all that made it, congrats and work hard to do your best.

There was some great racing this weekend!!! Good job to all the Ohio riders who made it in this weekend. This wasn't our weekend but we will regroup and try again next weekend at Pleasure Valley! That A class is stacked! Here's a video of Michael's attempt at the triple during practice- set the tone for the rest of the weekend, need I say more!o_O

Attachments

• michael crash.mov
    930 KB · Views: 305
Knox, you were a gate filler at Pro Nationals, and now you are wondering why us gate fillers go to LL Regionals? Isn't that kinda the same thing except we are slower than you and are actually spending less money than you did as a Pro National chaser?

The point is, it's about fun. If I can afford to travel with my camper and enjoy large events, then that's my choice.

I don't see anyone telling people not to go to DisneyWorld and just stay home and got to Cedar Point instead. I'm sure there ARE people that do that...

Last edited:
Jonathan with his tickets to the Ranch!!!! Very proud of his accomplishments on and off the track. I have to say that he also had to put up grades at school to ride and ended up with 5 A's and 3 B's. Geometry, Spanish 2, Honors English 2, History, Honors Biology, Chemistry, Health Tech. & a college course. He also got his lifeguarding certificate and got a job as a lifeguard. So, yes I'm bragging on him but it's well deserved.View attachment 55684

Your expectations of Jonathan shows in how he conducts himself on and off the track. Thank goodness for parents like you that motivate their child to excel, go above and beyond! Jonathan is one of the sweetest young men I know. Congratulations to him!

Now you're talking (or typing) Shark. I know as a fan/spectator that I would have had a much better time if the gate fillers would have just stayed home. A classes should have just been Cooper, Pennington, Bailey, and Crown. And, of course, in the B-classes just let Garrett on the track alone (at least then the kid would have pulled a holeshot), and in 40 and 50 plus, we might as well gave Grewe a track by himself....oops, someone forgot to tell Fosnock that Grewe is untouchable. Hopefully by now, if you are still reading, you realize that I am being sarcastic. As a fan, just as most of you enjoy the competition of full gates against the areas best, I enjoy watching it just as much.

bruce

Fosnock is an Badd Ass!! He sure kept Grewe on his toes all weekend. Who is he? Got any background on him?

How about the moto with Rocket working his way past 4-5 guys in the last lap...great stuff.

Do you ever post up any of the photo's you take? if so...where may we see them.

Fosnock is an Badd Ass!! He sure kept Grewe on his toes all weekend. Who is he? Got any background on him?

How about the moto with Rocket working his way past 4-5 guys in the last lap...great stuff.

Do you ever post up any of the photo's you take? if so...where may we see them.

I heard someone say fosnock did like 18 years in the big house and possibly just got out. Not sure the truth to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your expectations of Jonathan shows in how he conducts himself on and off the track. Thank goodness for parents like you that motivate their child to excel, go above and beyond! Jonathan is one of the sweetest young men I know. Congratulations to him!
Thank you for the kind words. He's not perfect and neither are his parents but we try to do the right thing in raising our kids and have high expectations. Thanks again

I enjoy the qualifiers and regionals. I also understand I'm not getting a top 6 in my life time. I like to race the full gates. But I also don't understand all the price increases for these races. From MX Sports to the Promoters why is it so easy to bite the hand that feeds you? Am I missing something? Or are you forced to raise all of your prices? Entries, Gate fees, and Camping etc.
At Ironman we had a small army of people taking care of us gate fillers all weekend.
3 water trucks running non-stop on the track & the pit roads---that was nice!
Constant track re-work from a BIG dozer & many other smaller (yet very expensive) pieces of machinery. Run buy guys that know what they are doing.
A track marshal that kept an eye on the sketchy sections and told the track the crew to fix or water. I watched the guy many times - he was good.
Trash pick up was constant. Staging had 3 - 5 guys working it... ran like a clock.
Start straight was fluffed with consistency.
Flaggers were good. Quads delivery to and fro for drinks and potty breaks.
....Bla Bla Bla.....I could keep going forever..

You can't even begin including the land, lighting in the pits, fencing, buildings, PA system, water towers, port-o-johns. ----ect----

.....then let's talk about insurance ......Ha-Ha-Ha....I'm sure it's only a few nickels.

I feel that if you've have ever put on an event or have been included in the organization of one then you have a newfound respect for what MX sports does.

Last edited:
We went just to get away for weekend and he wanted to race for fun(something other than local) it was a blast. By far my favorite place to camp out so far. More traveling to do, more national tracks to ride on amauter day. Not all about the money but living life! Doing what ya love.
Right on Brittany - !!
How did he do?

Back