2017 CTMX Halloween Moto Mayhem Oct 21-22

jrminiquad

PR Addict
The dreaded practice where stickers werent being checked and everyone under the sun just kept going out over crowding the track. But i am super glad to hear that next year you guys are gonna fix that.
This is the part I don't get... They said in the riders meeting on Sunday morning that "things were going to change for next year's practices". There is nothing to change, just do what you are supposed to and check practice number stickers before the rider is allowed onto the track at staging.

If I knew nobody was going to bother to check for stickers in order to practice I wouldn't have paid for practices. It was a bit sketchy with how many riders were in each practice and no stagger whatsoever when they took off from the gate area. They had this same problem at Malvern battle a few years back where riders were going out for as many practices as they wanted.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Any one know why E score didnt set the tv up so you could see the read outs? Every time I looked over, when I was down that way, there were people in line and I didnt want to bother then with a little question.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Not sure why Escore wasn't showing live timing. My personal belief is that Escore is one of the biggest scams going for amateur MX.

I specifically bought a transponder direct from MyLaps last year (using the AMA 20% discount) after renting from Escore all year and standing forever in line to rent one, and then again to return it. I once drank a full beer in the time it took to return one. By purchasing one from MyLaps I was hoping not to have to deal with Escore anymore.

Sunday afternoon I get one of the many texts from Chillitown saying "come on down to the Escore trailer to check your lap times to make sure your transponder is working". If you know anything about Escore, they will not give you your lap times or let you print them from the kiosk if you own your own transponder from MyLaps. You have to pay Escore $10 to get that. But I figured, hey, if they are offering, I'll go check it out for free.

Stand in line for ten minutes only to be told the can't just take my transponder number, they need the actual unit. Go back and get it, return to Escore line, another 10 minutes, and now I am going to miss my son's next practice session. Get out of line, put transponder back on bike. When practice is over, stand in line ten more minutes, only to have her look at the light and how many times it's flashing, and say "you're good". No lap times.

On top of that, I have only experienced one race event where Escore has uploaded the results to MyLaps and their scoring website, SpeedHive, to see results. They really want you to rent or buy the used equipment from them. MyLaps offers the next generation units, Escore does not.

I know this past year that Malvern and Briarcliff both did fine without Escore, I think it's just a waste of time and money for most racers.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Not sure why Escore wasn't showing live timing. My personal belief is that Escore is one of the biggest scams going for amateur MX.

I specifically bought a transponder direct from MyLaps last year (using the AMA 20% discount) after renting from Escore all year and standing forever in line to rent one, and then again to return it. I once drank a full beer in the time it took to return one. By purchasing one from MyLaps I was hoping not to have to deal with Escore anymore.

Sunday afternoon I get one of the many texts from Chillitown saying "come on down to the Escore trailer to check your lap times to make sure your transponder is working". If you know anything about Escore, they will not give you your lap times or let you print them from the kiosk if you own your own transponder from MyLaps. You have to pay Escore $10 to get that. But I figured, hey, if they are offering, I'll go check it out for free.

Stand in line for ten minutes only to be told the can't just take my transponder number, they need the actual unit. Go back and get it, return to Escore line, another 10 minutes, and now I am going to miss my son's next practice session. Get out of line, put transponder back on bike. When practice is over, stand in line ten more minutes, only to have her look at the light and how many times it's flashing, and say "you're good". No lap times.

On top of that, I have only experienced one race event where Escore has uploaded the results to MyLaps and their scoring website, SpeedHive, to see results. They really want you to rent or buy the used equipment from them. MyLaps offers the next generation units, Escore does not.

I know this past year that Malvern and Briarcliff both did fine without Escore, I think it's just a waste of time and money for most racers.
Maybe with the good news about the RFID units OMA will change over to them. Couple bucks and they last for while.

Team MMR

PR Addict
This is the part I don't get... They said in the riders meeting on Sunday morning that "things were going to change for next year's practices". There is nothing to change, just do what you are supposed to and check practice number stickers before the rider is allowed onto the track at staging.

If I knew nobody was going to bother to check for stickers in order to practice I wouldn't have paid for practices. It was a bit sketchy with how many riders were in each practice and no stagger whatsoever when they took off from the gate area. They had this same problem at Malvern battle a few years back where riders were going out for as many practices as they wanted.

So your gonna complain because they need to do what they are supposed to, but then you go to say you wouldn't of paid for practice? So then you would be contributing to the problem, and not doing what you are supposed to do? 2 wrongs dont make a right

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Uh, yeah....

I did pay for my son's practice sessions. I also pay for the vehicles I drive, but if someone told me to go over to Joe's Ford Dealership, you can drive a new car off the lot and not have to pay for it, I wouldn't be begging them to take my money.

With paying for the "not open" practice (you must be an AMA and OMA member to practice that day), in return for my money I am expecting what you promised in return - only AMA/OMA members on the track, and only people that paid to be in that practice.

And this is the reason I bowed out of Pitracer a few months ago. I am such an a*****e.

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Uh, yeah....

I did pay for my son's practice sessions. I also pay for the vehicles I drive, but if someone told me to go over to Joe's Ford Dealership, you can drive a new car off the lot and not have to pay for it, I wouldn't be begging them to take my money.

With paying for the "not open" practice (you must be an AMA and OMA member to practice that day), in return for my money I am expecting what you promised in return - only AMA/OMA members on the track, and only people that paid to be in that practice.

And this is the reason I bowed out of Pitracer a few months ago. I am such an a*****e.
We did have 2 people in practice staging checking for stickers. After reading your post I talked to our staging manager. He showed me where they were standing all day and said all systems were in check. He said the biggest problem in practice is people sneaking in from the track exit. Obviously it is ultimately my responsibility for this. It is extremely hard to punish the riders that sneak on track or blow by the red flag to catch one more session. There was one rider that was caught red-handed and he is facing a disciplinary action. We honestly take all complaints serious and look at how we can make it better before the next event. Thanks for the input. Jeremy

John250

PR Founding Father
I was out of town, but my son was at the race with his mom. Just my opinion, but CTMX races have become huge events. Almost to the point if I did not live so close, not sure I would bother. Since when do we need all day practice on Saturdays? Is this for the riders or the promoter to collect another $25 a rider? Run a morning practice session and go racing. On Sunday, if anyone wants a one lap sight lap they get it and go racing. CTMX can not get through the day in a reasonable amount of time, so get to racing. Screw all the practice. Would rather there be a 3rd moto over two days than all the practice.

Not sure what the deal was with my sons transponder (we own), but E Score told him it was not working. It was charged and we have a two year subscription, so made no sense to me. Told my wife you need to rent one. Not happy about that. Someone from E Score should be more willing to check the number or something, rather than just, you need to rent one......minutes before a moto. Was no one checking them as they went out in practice to make sure they were working????

CTMX also in my opinion needs to decide OMA or RaceOhio, but the whole double sanction thing because of different classes just causes more issues.

hershey

PR Elite
We did have 2 people in practice staging checking for stickers. After reading your post I talked to our staging manager. He showed me where they were standing all day and said all systems were in check. He said the biggest problem in practice is people sneaking in from the track exit. Obviously it is ultimately my responsibility for this. It is extremely hard to punish the riders that sneak on track or blow by the red flag to catch one more session. There was one rider that was caught red-handed and he is facing a disciplinary action. We honestly take all complaints serious and look at how we can make it better before the next event. Thanks for the input. Jeremy

I'm sorry but you are completely wrong on this. The first 2 sessions I went out on sat nobody even bothered to look at me let alone my helmet. Or in my sons practice sessions either. I spotted numerous kids under 25 in the vet practice that was extremely too crowded. Fed up, I confronted one of them as we waited to go out, he told me "so what, I only got one practice so far, nobody cares" . After practice I went to the sign up trailer and told them what was going on. The 3rd round low and behold they were checking stickers.

We had a fantastic weekend, my son loves the track and his gates were stacked. My classes had 20 on each gate, rare for the plus 50 class. But the sat practice and sign up were an issue for me and many others. I say ditch all day Saturday practice and go to sat am race practice right into 2 - 5 lap motos for everyone over 2 days. Roll out Sunday by 3pm for everyone.

Either way, we had a blast. Thanks for all your hard work and continuing to make the events you hold even better. Obviously it's going in the right direction by the turnout.

Team MMR

PR Addict
I'm sorry but you are completely wrong on this. The first 2 sessions I went out on sat nobody even bothered to look at me let alone my helmet. Or in my sons practice sessions either. I spotted numerous kids under 25 in the vet practice that was extremely too crowded. Fed up, I confronted one of them as we waited to go out, he told me "so what, I only got one practice so far, nobody cares" . After practice I went to the sign up trailer and told them what was going on. The 3rd round low and behold they were checking stickers.

We had a fantastic weekend, my son loves the track and his gates were stacked. My classes had 20 on each gate, rare for the plus 50 class. But the sat practice and sign up were an issue for me and many others. I say ditch all day Saturday practice and go to sat am race practice right into 2 - 5 lap motos for everyone over 2 days. Roll out Sunday by 3pm for everyone.

Either way, we had a blast. Thanks for all your hard work and continuing to make the events you hold even better. Obviously it's going in the right direction by the turnout.

I have to agree with Hershey, i rode past the people at the practice gate and noone said a word. I even watched others ride past them and they didnt even bother checking a sticker at all. I did witness a few sneak over from coming off the track, but majority of people went right thru the practice line and on to the track. The only way to stop it (in my opinion) is check stickers as they pull in, have someone watch for people jumping in, and someone double checking everyone waiting on the track before practice. If they dont have the right sticker you either take their other practice sticker or put a big X on it and dont let them out again for any practice.

Clair Story

PR Member
I had a good experience at CTMX pretty much across the spectrum. 1st time I have raced MX since '08 or '09 season. I pre-registered online w/o a hitch. Got to the track Sat morn at about 7:15 got the 2 memberships I needed to race (I'm an AMA lifetime member), rented a transponder, and hit pre-registration. I was done in about a 1/2 hr. The lines were getting longer as I walked away.
The track was pretty rutty on Sat but hey it is MX not flat track we are riding. I did see several younger guys in our Vet practice. Sunday the track was very nice for all 4 of my motos.
Pretty much got my ass handed to me in 40+ but I didn't expect to do that great in that class. I was surprised how many fast guys there are 50+ now. I've been riding MX on practice days which helped a lot but that's not near the same as racing. I had to get it together and did better in both seconditions motos. I had a great time and wasn't too upset with my results considering I haven't raced MX for a long time. The only part I didn't miss being away from MX was the waiting around between motos. Hats off to CTMX for putting on a great weekend.

nitrofish

PR Addict
We've have never missed a Chillitown event including the fair races except for the regionals. We have always loved coming. As advertised, Chillitown is not just a race but an event. Problem is it has moved more toward the night show, party crowd. The event has nothing to offer my family during the day anymore to offset the 5 hrs between Moto's. When we fell in love with you, you had the army contests going on during the day, spin the wheel for prizes on the hill, etc. Now all your event stuff is geared toward the overnight campers that can get drunk and not worry about the kids. Believe me if I was down there by myself I'd have a ball. I swore I'd never go back to your place after the Battle race. The Battle race this year was Freaking miserable. Long day, bored as hell, wife was pissed, kid was tired. This year! Thankfully, you had an 80 extra class on Saturday, so we bit. We raced had fun. As I stated, sign up is a joke. Track prep was horrible, especially the whoops and the face of the downhill table. My neighbor showed up Saturday for the quad racing, he was told to buy a race Ohio card. You don't even have quads in race Ohio. They missed practice during the argument, then got cut short on moto 2 because of daylight. The open practice arguments : I didn't even put the sticker on the boys helmet. I knew you would not check them, just like you monitor pit riding. It's an event, just like the days before Jack was born. Oh wait, that is the Harley days at Chillicothe. My tip, make it moto then an event.

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
We've have never missed a Chillitown event including the fair races except for the regionals. We have always loved coming. As advertised, Chillitown is not just a race but an event. Problem is it has moved more toward the night show, party crowd. The event has nothing to offer my family during the day anymore to offset the 5 hrs between Moto's. When we fell in love with you, you had the army contests going on during the day, spin the wheel for prizes on the hill, etc. Now all your event stuff is geared toward the overnight campers that can get drunk and not worry about the kids. Believe me if I was down there by myself I'd have a ball. I swore I'd never go back to your place after the Battle race. The Battle race this year was Freaking miserable. Long day, bored as hell, wife was pissed, kid was tired. This year! Thankfully, you had an 80 extra class on Saturday, so we bit. We raced had fun. As I stated, sign up is a joke. Track prep was horrible, especially the whoops and the face of the downhill table. My neighbor showed up Saturday for the quad racing, he was told to buy a race Ohio card. You don't even have quads in race Ohio. They missed practice during the argument, then got cut short on moto 2 because of daylight. The open practice arguments : I didn't even put the sticker on the boys helmet. I knew you would not check them, just like you monitor pit riding. It's an event, just like the days before Jack was born. Oh wait, that is the Harley days at Chillicothe. My tip, make it moto then an event.
Hot damn, why don't you say what you really mean, let her rip tater chip!