Battle for Ohio Rd. 2 - TV Land

nitrofish

PR Addict
Great job to the TV crew! Everything from sign up to packing up was smooth. The only glitches were the ones you had no control over; wet spots in parking from the massive rain on Wednesday, slow squad switch out and the freakin’ fireball in the sky! My son loved the track every time he was out. This felt like a family camping trip as much as an MX race with the pond and woods surrounding the area, much better than acres of blacktop. Your hard work and attention to detail did not go unnoticed. Thanks to the OMA for bringing the Battle to TV Land!

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Track changes were awesome, The rollers before the finish line made for some cool passing with guys battling to the finish. Turn out looked to be as good as malvern's battle. Curious to see the numbers on that. Trevor and the crew killed it with no help from mother nature, I think I tanked about 3 gallons of water between Saturday and Sunday. Really cool swimming next to the track while motos were going on to cool down too. Thanks again!

hershey

PR Elite
Subtle “I actually came out of the closet and raced this weekend” post

Exactly !! I almost fell off my chair when he came rolling into my pit.

I had a great time, 90's and MX just dont ever fair well for dust. I think Trevor did a great job. Overall the track was much more fun for me with the changes made. Parking was good but the rain earlier in the week did hurt him. WIthout that, plenty of more room.

Really good looking place, well taken care of and the pond is the bomb for mid summer races.

Im on the wagon about the start, just not enough room for everyone at the 90 deg turn. Way to many pile ups and too much disadvantage not being in the first few gates from the inside. Didnt ruin my experience by any stretch though.

Thanks Trevor!!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
the start could be improved for sure, was it so bad that we needed to stop the races? No. But I think it could be better, lots of things to work on here. But I really like the vibe of the place, I feel like we were allowed into someone’s private campground of moto fun. Again lots to work on, but it might just be worth it in the end. #diamondinthemotorough

Vet261

PR Addict
I didn't go.

But I read on Facebook that it was too hot, too wet, too dusty, too rutted, too dry, too long, too short, too far away, too far north, too flat, too jumpy, too hilly, too whoopie, too rocky, too loamy, too mulchie, and just plain TOO.

See ya for the GP. The GP is TOO FUN.

Last edited:

Nickclay17

PR Member
We had a 5 hour drive from Cincinnati. Didn't really want to go but glad we did once we arrived. All of my kids had a great time playing in the pond and riding their bicycles on the little track and dirt jumps. Only thing I would complain of is on Saturday evening we witnessed a little girl being run over by a pit bike that was riding way too aggressively thru the pit area. Luckily she was ok. The pit bike was hitting the jumps on the pit bike track area and went over a blind hill and couldn't stop in time to miss the girl.
TV Land was a great experience and the track was fun for my son to ride but honestly I would prefer CTMX because of proximity. But my family and I truly had a great time. We would make the trip again next year if it is held at TV Land again.

trevor145

PR Addict
So, I don’t know how another entire week flew by, but it sure did.
I have most everything back in order and since that dozer I rented sat there until yesterday, I was able to modify my parking areas that had issues. If things ever happen to get that big again I’ll be much more prepared now.
I also saw many small issues that I will be addressing. Including the start, the pa and the fm transmitter that gives me fits. I’m on my 3rd one and they are not cheap. And it still doesn’t function. Some things I can do and and am ok at, some other things, not so much.
I’ll figure it out.
I did hear about the girl and the pit bike and I was on the hunt for my new bike. But the kid was lucky I didn’t find him and the girl was ok. Most know I have a soft spot for pit bikes but people need to know how to act when in a congested area. Traveling from point to point slowly I would hate to cut out entirely, but aggressive or fast riding in the pits I’m no longer tolerating.
It was the first time I’ve ever had that many people at my place and I learned a ton and will certainly try to be better prepped in the future. Hopefully I never have to dance in that type of heat there again. It’s quite the challenge. I was impressed by all the quality riders there. It was really cool to see my place at pretty much full noise from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon and even though it was a lot of work it’s awesome to see so many smiling faces. I do wish I was closer to everyone but then I wouldn’t see my PA and NY friends as often. So if your coming from a long distance hopefully I can fit on your calendar at least once a year.
Thanks again to everyone that came out and made it a great weekend!

Last edited:

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
So, I don’t know how another entire week flew by, but it sure did.
I have most everything back in order and since that dozer I rented sat there until yesterday, I was able to modify my parking areas that had issues. If things ever happen to get that big again I’ll be much more prepared now.
I also saw many small issues that I will be addressing. Including the start, the pa and the fm transmitter that gives me fits. I’m on my 3rd one and they are not cheap. And it still doesn’t function. Some things I can do and and am ok at, some other things, not so much.
I’ll figure it out.
I did hear about the girl and the pit bike and I was on the hunt for my new bike. But the kid was lucky I didn’t find him and the girl was ok. Most know I have a soft spot for pit bikes but people kneed to know how to act when in a congested area. Traveling from point to point slowly I would hate to cut out entirely, but aggressive or fast riding in the pits I’m no longer tolerating.
It was the first time I’ve ever had that many people at my place and I learned a ton and will certainly try to be better prepped in the future. Hopefully I never have to dance in that type of heat there again. It’s quite the challenge. I was impressed by all the quality riders there. It was really cool to see my place at pretty much full noise from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon and even though it was a lot of work it’s awesome to see so many smiling faces. I do wish I was closer to everyone but then I wouldn’t see my PA and NY friends as often. So if your coming from a long distance hopefully I can fit on your calendar at least once a year.
Thanks again to everyone that came out and made it a great weekend!

Thanks for everything!