Official Loretta’s update thread!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I don't care who you were rooting for, that last +25 moto was awesome. Of course it helps that my guy won, Old Guy on the Euro bike, who still has next level speed as a former National MX Champ.............. Bruce good call on your rider, that was awesome racing.

The +50 with Carsten and Grewe last moto was just as good!!!! Carsten knocked Grewe down and took the win, but Grewe won the war with the Championship!!!

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Wow what an experience! He learned a lot, had a blast! He says he wants to try hard and make it back next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20180801_122208.jpg
    IMG_20180801_122208.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 253

bruceb

PR Addict
I don't care who you were rooting for, that last +25 moto was awesome. Of course it helps that my guy won, Old Guy on the Euro bike, who still has next level speed as a former National MX Champ.............. Bruce good call on your rider, that was awesome racing.

The +50 with Carsten and Grewe last moto was just as good!!!! Carsten knocked Grewe down and took the win, but Grewe won the war with the Championship!!!
I could not have said it better myself. I have to give Brown credit, Mike Brown has always kept himself in great shape, but after moto 3, Ricky was spent and Brown looked like he could have put in another lap or two. And to paraphrase Kevin Kelly, I did not know a Husky coould be that wide. But, congratulations to Mike (and those of you that picked him). (knox let me know when and where I can pay off the bet (track, etc)

As for Grewe, he was not happy. I don't know how much of the interviews get played on the video cast, but the comment that I likes was, "I still won, he still got second."

ck1racerx

PR Addict
May have been the best week of weather EVER for the race. Track looks better than it has in years. Several moto’s with good /great battles up front. Can’t ask for much more then that.... BUT I will. Can we PLEASE cut back on the damn C classes? Freaking sand baggers, some running lap times of mid pack A riders.
Hello Japan, did you see all the attention on the 125 classes. Bring them all back.
Why was the Amauter mxdn team picked BEFORE the national? I know it has for a long time. But come on.
The guys calling the moto’s on TV did a very good job. That has to be tough to do for 10 hours a day.
Think it’s time to kill the PW class?
Please bring back “stock” and “modified”
I watched every moto of 25+, 40+ and 50+. But zero of 30+ and 45+.... wonder why?
Sorry guys but the old pro’s make it better. Fact
I didn’t watch ever 65 class but never saw a single Kawasaki in any that I did watch. How could they let a model that dominated those classes for over 2 decades just vanish? Dumb move.
Way hasn’t Cobra built an 85 yet?
Alright. Two more years and I’m going after 50+.

Bruce. PBR is on me. Renner made a better race of it than I figured. That was a fun moto to watch.

But, Brown won... just knowing I was correct AGAIN is all the reward I need.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Great week of racing. I didn’t get to watch it live but watched the motos at night. 25+ moto 3 was amazing. That same for 50+.

The one thing that caught my attention was when Mike Alessi was announcing. He basically said 2 strokes are they way to go if you want to get into the sport. That they are easier to maintain and cheaper and you can still be competitive locally. And after seeing the top guys putting down 2:02 and that’s only about 6 seconds slower than 25+ it makes sense.

Great job to Levi too! Hopefully this helps his MX school with Chris grow!!!

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I had a blast watching yesterday! I've been watching the lap times all week at work and finally got to watch RacerTV yesterday since I was off.

Great job to all of the local boys down there!

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I could not have said it better myself. I have to give Brown credit, Mike Brown has always kept himself in great shape, but after moto 3, Ricky was spent and Brown looked like he could have put in another lap or two. And to paraphrase Kevin Kelly, I did not know a Husky coould be that wide. But, congratulations to Mike (and those of you that picked him). (knox let me know when and where I can pay off the bet (track, etc)

As for Grewe, he was not happy. I don't know how much of the interviews get played on the video cast, but the comment that I likes was, "I still won, he still got second."

I like racing the Victory Sports races and watching Brown annihilate everyone LOL one round at Muddy Creek he had such a big lead he was pulling some Axell Hodges tricks. He'd wheelie across the entire tops of the tables. It was just cool to see an old school guy doing that, you could tell he was having fun that day!

bruceb

PR Addict
From Ricky's facebook page:
Ricky Renner
1 hr ·
Well, I gave it a hell of a shot. Everyone was telling me good job and talking about how much brown rides and I don’t and his bikes full factory and mines stock, and whatever. But no excuses, We were 1-2 and as much and as hard as I tried that dude wasn’t giving in and he did what he needed to in order to keep me behind. 2-1-2 for second, but next year I’ll more prepared

fluidpower

PR Member
May have been the best week of weather EVER for the race. Track looks better than it has in years. Several moto’s with good /great battles up front. Can’t ask for much more then that.... BUT I will. Can we PLEASE cut back on the damn C classes? Freaking sand baggers, some running lap times of mid pack A riders.
Hello Japan, did you see all the attention on the 125 classes. Bring them all back.
Why was the Amauter mxdn team picked BEFORE the national? I know it has for a long time. But come on.
The guys calling the moto’s on TV did a very good job. That has to be tough to do for 10 hours a day.
Think it’s time to kill the PW class?
Please bring back “stock” and “modified”
I watched every moto of 25+, 40+ and 50+. But zero of 30+ and 45+.... wonder why?
Sorry guys but the old pro’s make it better. Fact
I didn’t watch ever 65 class but never saw a single Kawasaki in any that I did watch. How could they let a model that dominated those classes for over 2 decades just vanish? Dumb move.
Way hasn’t Cobra built an 85 yet?
Alright. Two more years and I’m going after 50+.

Bruce. PBR is on me. Renner made a better race of it than I figured. That was a fun moto to watch.

But, Brown won... just knowing I was correct AGAIN is all the reward I need.

Limited is stock, if the class does not say limited, it is a modified class (with exceptions)

jpelaston

PR Member
Not sure if any of you guys remember Jesse Thumser, but he was there and rode the 40+ class. Looks like he ended up 33rd. I haven't talked to him in a while so I don't know how much he has been training or riding but just to go seems like a good accomplishment.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Let's hear some stories
Nothing to crazy. We got to catch up with Seth Hammaker, he even was waiting at the starting area for Logan's race to give a good luck fist bump. My dog got to see his best friend (Seth's mom).
He talked with Max Miller for about 30 mins.
Got to meet up with a friend from high school who's soon made it on his pw, first I have seen her in 15 years since she joined the airforce.
Heard my name get yelled from a golf cart, ended up being my other buddy from high school, Gavin Gracyk, hasn't seen him since last year. He left MTF and sounds like doing his own thing. He did some with with deegan and Bennick a couple weeks ago.
The boy face away a bunch of his cartoon stickers. The dog got to swim for his first time, he is five, I don't know who enjoyed the creek more him or Logan lol. Took the boy fishing, and did some exploring.
His races where trying, had bad starts, he passed at least 20 kids each Moto but when you start in 40th it doesn't help your overall. Even worse when he wrecked 2 of 3 motos after passing that many kids.
He learned allot and had a blast but was mad he didn't do as good as he knew he could have.
First time we used the GoPro and lap top to watch his laps.
I wish he was able to ride more then once a month, and get with some instructors. Maybe next year.

We stopped and spent 2 nights at jelly stone park at Mammoth caves. Did some zip lining, Alpine slides, water slide, Putt-Putt, lake obstacle course, went to dino world, and did a cave tour.
And we got to celebrate my birthday at the ranch.

And I've know who all was doing photos?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
/\ Best read of the year.
Thanks

My kid would have been all about Dino world
It truly was something I'll cherish forever. Especially since my dad went with us and I got to see the joy between he and Logan.
Photo is from the Hawaiian luau dinner at Jellystone Park.

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_174813.jpg
    IMG_20180804_174813.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 222