When do we see Rocket Robin on a Suzuki

bruceb

PR Addict
As we were watching LL's this year, the person I was with kept commenting on the growing presence of KTM/Husky and the lack of Kawi's and Suzuki's. (250B ltd had 1 suzuki, 250B had 3, but I believe Rios and Frye receive Suzuki support). Since in the short time I have known Robin, he seems to be a guy that likes to ride the less popular machines (KTM before KTM was cool, the husa to LL, etc). So the question begs to be answered, when will we see Rocket Robin on a Suzuki?
bruce

Last edited:
You guys are going to see me on an ALTA as soon as I'm allowed to ride one!!!!! That's my next weird bike project for sure!!!! I'm all about the new electric bikes saving our sport by eliminating the noise issue!!!!

And I know that some of you think that is blasphemy to want to ride a bike without the sound that we are all so used to. But our biggest issue is the noise, almost all of the tracks that I know that have been closed down for outside reasons other than owner's money running out, all have closed for Noise issues. If we learn to take the noise out of the sport, it will open more riding up to more people and grow the sport again. I'll be happy to be a guinea pig and ride the current electric offering out there and show how it fares against the gas bikes, if they allow Alta in next year, I'll ride it.

And a Suzuki would be fine, but I'm still a Euro bike guy at heart, I love my Husky right now, it just needs a big bore kit for more torque (I'll wait until I need a rebuild on the engine), and a works shock or slipper clutch to quiet down the rear end a little bit. Then it would be perfect for me. But as far as Suzuki goes, with their redesigned 250f for 2019 and a little more support being offered, I think you will see more next year anyway. I am surprised that the Big 4 let KTM take over starting with the little bikes and it just kept growing to where they are dominant now! The big 4 should be ashamed of what they let KTM do!

Last edited:
Suzuki still owns the 80's
DSC_0181.JPG

I’m sure there will be another RM465 or RM500 one day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

5N2A9222.jpg

Nate Adams positioned his Alta Redshift MXR as the first electric motorcycle to ever qualify and compete at X Games. The most decorated Moto X athlete in X Games history put his MXR head-to-head against some of the industry’s biggest names in this year’s Best Whip contest at Summer X Games in Minneapolis.

“X-Games week was a blast,” said Adams. “I rode the first-ever electric dirt bike in X-Games competition, threw some good whips, and showed the moto industry and the rest of the world that the Alta Motors bikes are on the same level as any other motocross bike manufacturer.”

Throughout the week, Nate found himself fielding inquiries from both curious fans and industry professionals alike. “As usual, people had a lot of questions. Most people have a genuine curiosity of why I am riding the Redshift MXR and what benefits it brings to me compared to a gas-powered bike. I tell them my suspension is set up for my weight, shave a couple inches out of the seat-foam, bolt on my Pro Taper handle bars, put some grip tape on the sub-frame and on the upper fork tubes. I Ieave the gearing stock and bolt on my backflip levers to my handlebars. That’s it!

Although Adams finished eighth in the finals, he sees a strong future for the Alta brand in the extreme sports space. “Two of my competitors said they are planning to buy Redshift MXRs in the near future due to having noise issues at their private practice facility. The word is spreading fast. And like I tell everyone that asks me, the Alta Motors bikes are here to stay. Get some!”

5N2A9198.jpg
5N2A2754.jpg
5N2A2754.jpg

Stay fast out there!
-Team Alta

So these bikes will be taking over due to noise concerns and I want to ride them now to see how good they are. I want to run one next year at Loretta Lynn's and see how I do in one class on the Alta and one class on my Husky FC450.

Ya man loud pipes save lives and s**t

Computers are dumb too can't wait for that fad to go away

Congrats on the idiotic comment that made no sense whatsoever.. as usual BillyBoy

You wanna ride an overpriced dildo-bike go for it. I’m sure it will suit you well

My Harley is probably louder than my 450 with a Dr. D Pipe.

I like Harley’s, I just wish most Harley riders wouldn’t rev the piss out of them every 32 seconds to make sure it’s still on.

Ya man loud pipes save lives and s**t

Computers are dumb too can't wait for that fad to go away

BillyBoy I don’t know what computers have to do with dildo-bikes but you do you booboo

Back