When do we see Rocket Robin on a Suzuki

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Here it is in a Nutshell guys............. NOISE is killing our sport slowly. The tracks that have closed are either due to bad money management on the owner's parts OR Noise Pollution. I love the sound of a two stroke, and the sound of someone making a four stroke work just as much as anyone else. But more than those sounds............. I love to ride. And we have less places to ride all the time, and with bikes that are just as good that make no noise............ more places to ride will open up. Take Double D's house for example in Strongsville, OH. We've only run pit bikes behind it, with kids and adults on quiet little CRF 70's and such because any modern 4 stroke racing bike would have the cops there in 10 minutes and we'd be shut down. But we could ride Alta's back there all day. I could ride behind my manufacturing plant on the 10 acres of land I have on an Alta, but I'm right next door to the Police Station, and can't ride there now on my bikes, because of noise.

I'd rather ride without the noise, then not ride at all. TRUST ME ON THIS - In 10 years, we'll all be racing electric bikes and loving the places we can ride.

I'm just wanting to get a head start and be the FIRST guy to race one at Loretta Lynn's. I plan on racing the +45 and +50 next year, and I'll race one class on the ALTA, and one on my Husky FC450. See how my times compare between the two.

Last edited:

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Are you guys riding behind DD's house - ? come on, fess up.

Well since you moved on out of the Double D rental compound and then took up jet skiing again and took my advice and didn't tell me about Chippewa when you went to ride there......... I figured I have to have some secrets too! I don't own an Alta - yet. I haven't ridden one - yet. I'm trying to get my test date set up here soon as the last one got rained out and some poor timing of other issues.

BUT, I will buy one if I need to, and I will race it in one of the two classes next year, barring injury forcing me to miss the racing.

And I did talk to Double D about riding it at his house just yesterday, he said He'll buy one too so we can set up the track for big bikes behind the house. Then cookouts after riding, and we'll have a new training compound where we gain weight as we train!!!!! Beer, Brats, and Burgers add more calories than we will burn riding! Maybe we can dig a pond on the rental house for dirt for more jumps and then practice fountains on wave blasters for more entertainment, and even Flyboard too!!!!

Where are you "water Motoing" on Monday? I'm off of work and hockey.

John250

PR Founding Father
I get the noise thing. But there are so many more things that put out just as much noise, so I am not buying into the noise issues. I mean if you get away from a track just a little bit it is not that noisy. We have football games all day Saturday and Sunday in a stadium next to a subdivision. I guarantee you, you can hear that damn PA system much further away.

Trucks on the highway are noisy. Stereo systems. Your right, sure there are place that you will be able to ride in town, but that is about the only thing I see different.

There was an Alta at BC this weekend. And A rider rode it on Saturday in practice, but did not race it. Is it not legal for a AMA Pro-Am either? I looked pretty quick down the straight away. Did not look like the bikes were catching it any quicker.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
It's not about other things that "put out just as much noise", it's about places to ride. Noise is killing our sport slowly and less and less places to ride all the time. I want more places to ride and want to ride more than I want to hear the sound of a nice motor.

John250, as a politician, I'm sure that you don't have a track next to your neighborhood where they are riding dirt bikes and you couldn't get it to pass if someone wanted to put one there. It's a real issue, and ignoring it won't make it go away.

Harleys with loud pipes are still there, but not as many as there used to be. There are states cracking down on noise from street bikes and only certain exhausts will be allowed. Things are changing and noiseless bikes will be our savior.

Check this out, it looks pretty good to me!

View attachment 59200

Last edited:

Motodad23

PR Member
And what's the maintenance cost on those things? When motor goes bad? Electrical issues? Hershey is going to have to expand his business to work on those lol

Motodad23

PR Member
There is a dirt track about 10-15 miles from, when the Sprint cars and late models are going I can hear them at my house. As far as I know the neighbors don't complain about the noise that's louder at their house. I say if the people don't like the noise they shouldn't be living there. It's their own stupidity not the track owners fault.

Double D

PR Founding Father
Is there any chance of someone getting electrocuted in a first turn collision with an Alta?Asking for a friend.
Just make sure you have your arc protection gloves on! No different than riding under the BC power lines.

Damn, almost die one time.........

John250

PR Founding Father
There is a dirt track about 10-15 miles from, when the Sprint cars and late models are going I can hear them at my house. As far as I know the neighbors don't complain about the noise that's louder at their house. I say if the people don't like the noise they shouldn't be living there. It's their own stupidity not the track owners fault.

I live 5 miles from Kil Kare speedway. Friday nights you could hear late models and on Thursday and Saturday, every week you hear the drag strip. Way louder than any motocross they built a new subdivision and some other new houses close to the track. These people fight all the time to shut the track down, or give them a hard way to go its ridiculous. The place has been there for 60 plus years and they knew it was there when they built their house. Not the tracks fault the track is also an economic draw for the city and region.

It's like building a house on the golf course and then complaining about golf balls in your back yard

hershey

PR Elite
I live 5 miles from Kil Kare speedway. Friday nights you could hear late models and on Thursday and Saturday, every week you hear the drag strip. Way louder than any motocross they built a new subdivision and some other new houses close to the track. These people fight all the time to shut the track down, or give them a hard way to go its ridiculous. The place has been there for 60 plus years and they knew it was there when they built their house. Not the tracks fault the track is also an economic draw for the city and region.

It's like building a house on the golf course and then complaining about golf balls in your back yard

I agree 100% with this. However, the liberal gov does not. Guess what??? The people who built the houses in the last 5 years win every time over the track that has been there 60.

Beechwood trail and LoCon in wooster both shut down by neighbors due specifically to noise. Wild Wilderness, in the middle of no where on 200 acres...closed. Named in the suit....yep, noise. OIR, only allowed to run one day every other weekend I believe. Noise and dust. Track has been there since the 60's.

Robin is right, noise is the issue and electric bikes are the future. Not to worry John, here is your answer to that!!!

https://www.christianbook.com/turbo...MIt6yqn9WX3QIVUODICh0mtgfAEAQYASABEgIAh_D_BwE

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

Same up here for painesville speedway. New developments always bitching. They gotta be done racing by 11pm now. If people Hear it at 11:01 they call the damn sheriff. Maybe don’t build or buy a house next to a race track if it’s a bother ?

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree 100% with this. However, the liberal gov does not. Guess what??? The people who built the houses in the last 5 years win every time over the track that has been there 60.

Beechwood trail and LoCon in wooster both shut down by neighbors due specifically to noise. Wild Wilderness, in the middle of no where on 200 acres...closed. Named in the suit....yep, noise. OIR, only allowed to run one day every other weekend I believe. Noise and dust. Track has been there since the 60's.

Robin is right, noise is the issue and electric bikes are the future. Not to worry John, here is your answer to that!!!

https://www.christianbook.com/turbospoke-bicycle-exhaust/pd/9227143?en=google&event=SHOP&kw=toys-0-20|9227143&p=1179710&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt6yqn9WX3QIVUODICh0mtgfAEAQYASABEgIAh_D_BwE
LOL. I think I will just retire.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
The reasoning behind the noise and dust complaints that hold water is because you are lessening the value of someone's property by doing something on your property, and that is what the lawyers cling to. The noise causes people to not want to live around there, or make their "new" house less valuable for resale because of the noise. So even though it's been there 60 years, and people built knowing it was there...... eventually they get enough pressure and the right lawyers involved to show how your actions on your property are affecting other's property's around you.

This is where electric bikes will save our sport, we will have to deal with dust issues, but that is fixable with proper watering and track prep (and based on Pitracer, we all know how easy that is). But Noise we can't get rid of from the gas machines and the 4 strokes have made it worse as their sound carries more than the 2 strokes did back in the day. The old timers are going to go from 2 Strokes to 4 Strokes to No Strokes if they adapt to the electric bikes.