When do we see Rocket Robin on a Suzuki

I’m sure that the programming will be coming but it’s spot on right now between their four choices of how you want to ride and it feels just like your current bike does, nothing to get used to except for no noise. Alta has hit it out of the park ! The battery is supposed to last 1000 hours before needing to be replaced, that’s more riding than I have left in my life as I’ve only put 35 hours on my 2017 450. There is no top end, valves, or anything to get redone..... it’s pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

What is a whole day of riding for most people???? At an open practice I might ride 3 thirty minute motos most of the time, maybe four on days where I have more time. It can charge some between rides and would last for 3 30 minutes sessions without a recharge, and thirty minutes recharge time between motos and it’s not an issue.

When was the last time you rode for more than two hours at a MX race day????

Now you might be pushing your limits on a three hour GNCC race, not sure it could go three hours straight. But I don’t ride that either.

Ive heard of guys having troubles making it through a full day of MX racing 2 classes. Charging off of 110v doesnt cut it.

I suppose it depends on how long the motos are, but a 240v generator output can charge it fully in 1.5 hours from empty. I rode plenty yesterday and used about 5/8th of a full charge without any recharging

You and John259 must be blood brothers. You'll find any reason to hate on these!!! Lol

I do agree that the big hold up right now is the battery. Once it lasts for a full day of riding and charges fast they will sell like crazy.

No no I’m a stewy fan haha! Agreed, either quick battery swap or a 30min or so charge time, but then we run into tracks needing charge stations which would in turn drive up the entry costs.. big ol can of worms.. where’s my petrol

While you guys are fat old couch potatoes talking about the good old days, I’ll be happy riding my electric bike and still getting the coolest exercise around !

Hell, you dont ride your gas bike, lol. Unless you put screws in those knobbies and ride at hockey practice.

My concern with this is most people can't afford it. The people buying ktms and huskys maybe but what about everyone else? There's either gonna be more people trying to finance their hobby or less people doing it. It's going to lead to more tracks shutting down because of lack of riders and money. This is all if they ban the "noisey" bikes of course.

So your worried about noise, but everyone will have their harbor freight generator running, burning even more fuel, creating even more noise on JO's practice day to ride their battery bikes.

What about a 30 minute mud moto like iron man where the bike is under a heavy load for 30 minutes? Do they last? Yeah I know we dont race in those conditions, but they do at the national level and at Lorettas.

Seems the generators and all defeat all the benefits of battery because not a single track owner is putting in charging stations or paying the electric bill for them.

Hell, you dont ride your gas bike, lol. Unless you put screws in those knobbies and ride at hockey practice.

Tell you what John250, even with riding practice only this year at the Apple Cabin and now one day testing Alta's at a private track and riding my own bike for comparison, I'll make the bet that I could still fare just fine at any race that I decide to attend. I'm planning on racing at the GP race at High Point on Sat Sept 22 at this point, barring bad weather. I'm really getting ready for next season when I turn 50 to make a run at both the +45 and +50 class at Loretta Lynn's next season, not to win either of those classes, but to fare decent and just get to go back to Loretta's 25 years after my first trip there. And I'll race only a handful of times, but I'll still ride a lot next season getting ready for that.

Like any involved dad in their kid's sports, I've been sacrificing my own stuff to give my kid the best experience he can have during those short years of school sports. Will he play in the NHL someday, about 99.9% chance of NO, not ever. But will he have a lifetime of memories from his school days playing at a pretty high level and trying to get to where he might be able to play in college......... yep, and that's all that matters to me. Just like your happy to miss Red Bud Vet Fest for your kid's football games, I'm happy to put my riding on the shelf for my kids hockey games.

Once they start building tracks in Whole Foods store parking lots, we'll have charging stations ready to go!!!! I'm not so worried about the charging, as the battery and charging technology will only get better as time goes by. Yes, you will have to run a generator of some sort to recharge out in the middle of nowhere, but decent generators can put out decent power that are quieter than 250f's and 450's now.

I know of a private rental this saturday where 2 of them will be available for test rides ...... :)

They will be on the battery charger more than they will be getting ridden on Saturday. Not worth the wait on a bike that costs $14k IMO...

i would defiantly like to try one out.. but as for buying one... not happening.. i would buy a 4 stroke first...;)

Rocket. No one ever doubted your speed your always fast when you come out from hibernation. I dont qualify for 50 plus till 2020 birthday is in October.

My son gave up football for golf. He saw JV football and film interfering with his racing is what I think but yeah, between cheer, volleyball, golf and basketball for all the kids, my free time is limited also. Twins are in high school so we only have a few more years with them.

My body is falling apart. I've given up on ever racing at lorettas again, unless it's my son racing. Which I would rather see him there than me.

Kids are the death of many a motocrosser! I’m trying to ride when I can.

Just got this email from Alta today about the bike being used in the National Endurocross series now. Pretty cool, and the bike did pretty well on the night, read below:

483A231%20L.jpg

The Endurocross season is in full swing with Ty Tremaine and the Redshift EXR making their pro race debut at the sold-out first round of the AMA Endurocross Championship Series in Prescott Valley, Arizona, this past Saturday.

Ty ran strong throughout the day on the extremely technical track, which boasted two rock gardens, a log matrix, water pit and a mandatory “No Joke Lane” requiring each rider to scale up and down the 60 degree pyramid of vintage Cadillacs into a tight 360 degree turn merging onto the final straight.

The EXR battled for the top spot in every part of its debut in the AMA national series, taking the third-fastest time throughout practice and qualifying fourth overall for the main event. After an unfavorable start, Ty fought hard from the back of the pack to finish 7th overall out of the 20 riders in competition.

“We learned a lot from the first round and will build from it,” said Tremaine. “Having the bike finish in the Top 10 for the main event is great for Alta. I’m coming into [Costa Mesa] ready to fight.”

483A4499.jpg

483A6265.jpg

Stay fast out there!

-Team Alta

I'm with Rocket on this one. This is going to be the future. Noise is a big issue around here in the hills of Penciltucky.

The batteries in the 2018/2019 are much, much better than 2017.

New bike with newwer battery tech lasts more than 3-4 laps before it gets hot.

I'm close to Woodward camp here in PA and they ride them there a lot. Penn State has a automobile test track that has verbally said that we could promote electric bike( so far road bikes) races. Hopefully a makeshift MX electric track could be next, since electric is cool and in Vogue with the masses at the moment.

I'm going to buy one soon . I haven't ridden one yet, but the dealer in my town, Kissel Motorsports really wants me or my son on one at the local outlaw races . Said I can take it out for an evening to ride it, no strings attached.

If it's something I like and/or my son likes, I'm getting one.

Back