When do we see Rocket Robin on a Suzuki

Honda907,

You will be surprised how "good" the bike is right off the bat. It doesn't do anything weird, it just works. It's like hopping on any brand new bike that you haven't fiddled with all of the stuff that make it yours just yet, and riding it. I was instantly comfortable on the bike, and going back and forth between the Alta and my personal bike, I could tell that there were parts of the track that were easier on the electric bike, and parts that felt better on my bike. But most of the better on my bike was due to my suspension that has been worked perfectly to suit my tastes, which if I swapped my forks onto the Alta, would have gone away. The bike is that good.

Honda907,

You will be surprised how "good" the bike is right off the bat. It doesn't do anything weird, it just works. It's like hopping on any brand new bike that you haven't fiddled with all of the stuff that make it yours just yet, and riding it. I was instantly comfortable on the bike, and going back and forth between the Alta and my personal bike, I could tell that there were parts of the track that were easier on the electric bike, and parts that felt better on my bike. But most of the better on my bike was due to my suspension that has been worked perfectly to suit my tastes, which if I swapped my forks onto the Alta, would have gone away. The bike is that good.

Did an Alta rep give you a handy behind the trailer or something ? Lordy

Honda907,

Wonder how much of that is chocked up to the wp aer48. I got on my husky and felt the same as you described, just instantly comfortable.

I know some of you don’t want to even think electric bikes with no motor sounds, but it’s coming for all of us. And I don’t have an Alta, a deal with Alta, or anything else, I just rode one in a private test from a dealer in Ohio who knows I’m interested and the bike is really good right off the bat. The WP AER 48 fork is nice and what I’m used to right now so that helps that it’s the same, although mine is modified to suit me and this was stock and not quite as nice.....

It really is a good bike, you guys will be surprised

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

ALTA Holeshots the main event at Endurocross Round 2!

ty_rd2.jpg

Round two of the Endurocross Championship Series proved to be an exciting step forward for Alta Factory Rider Ty Tremaine and the Redshift EXR.

The track, which was built on top of the historic Costa Mesa Speedway, focused heavily on speed with multiple rhythm sections that saw lap times dropped nearly 10 seconds compared to the first round in Prescott Valley, AZ. This round’s “No Joke Lane,” saw riders scale a perpendicular piece of K-Wall into a pit of chopped firewood and then out and over a 4’ in diameter tree trunk merging back onto the final straightaway.

The faster track blended well with Ty’s riding style allowing him and the EXR to run upfront throughout the day, taking the 4th fastest time in practice. He maintained the positioned throughout both Hot Laps and bracket races. When it came time to pick his gate for the main event, Ty knew that the inside line was perfect for him and the EXR.

483A3353.jpg

“I was really surprised that no one chose the inside gate,” said, Tremaine. “It had the best line all day, if you were aggressive enough. After Cody, and Colton chose their gates, I couldn’t believe it was still open.”

After grabbing the holeshot, Ty held the lead for the first lap but was eventually passed by defending series champion Cody Webb in the middle of the second lap. Ty battled with Haaker and Hart over the next 20 laps but had the misfortune of being held up by lapped traffic and crashed motorcycles. Ty finished just short of the podium in 4th place but definitely knows it won’t be long until he’s standing on the podium.

“We took what we learned from the first round and made huge progress and major steps in the right direction,” said Tremaine. “The team is looking forward to Reno and another chance at landing on the podium.”

483A3360.jpg

Round 3 of the 2018 AMA EnduroCross series takes place this upcoming Saturday, September 22, in Reno, NV. A replay of Round 2 will air on beIN Sports this Thursday, September 20th, at 6:00pm PST. To watch the full race and behind the scenes footage head over to http://www.beinsports.com/us/ to check out the action. A cable subscription login is required to view the race.

Stay Fast!
- Team Alta

Finishing 4th overall at Round 2, and getting better. These extreme events and the bike is performing pretty well, it's pretty cool to see this coming although some of you don't want it to come. Electric bikes are our dirt bike riding future because of the lack of noise. If they can run with the gas bikes, why not??

Pretty soon people will be bitching they have a traction advantage or something and they will have to have their own class. Then you'll be out there racing 3 guys.

Pretty soon people will be bitching they have a traction advantage or something and they will have to have their own class. Then you'll be out there racing 3 guys.

Is that the angle you're going to try to use?

"Them electric tires are different!"

Is that the angle you're going to try to use?

"Them electric tires are different!"

If you remember correctly it was an argument used against 4 strokes. Maybe you are to young to remember 2 strokes used to be the dominant engine type in MX.

Come on down tomorrow and try an Alta out!

i cant wait to try one out! is there any kind of sign up list for it? I imagine itll be pretty busy all day... i have to leave kind of early to get to a wedding, will be bummed if i dont get to take advantage of that opportunity!!

Things change all the time in MX, and this is just another part of change. I get that we all appreciate the sound of a nice running engine as part of MX is being a motor head of some sort. But Riding is what I like most, not working on my engine or listening to the engines. So in my mind, if we can ride more with less trouble because of new technology, I'm all for it.

So there were quite a few people who rode an Alta at Davefest at Malvern............. what were the thoughts of those who took it out for a few laps? Is it just me who has a thing for "weird" bikes, or is the Alta a good bike on the track?

Lots of guys on here took the bike for a spin including my self.. i can only say one thing.. AMAZING! i really cant get over how smooth and power full the bike was and i was only in map 2... definite would like to take another test ride to check out the other settings..did find my self trying to shift and reaching for the clutch for about the 1st lap..:)

So there were quite a few people who rode an Alta at Davefest at Malvern............. what were the thoughts of those who took it out for a few laps? Is it just me who has a thing for "weird" bikes, or is the Alta a good bike on the track?

Before you pull the trigger - see if they'll cut a deal on two -

I doubt I'll be purchasing another ICE bike before an ALTA.
Just to much good going on with that thing not to get one - Made in USA seals the deal.
Made in USA and the cutting edge technology justifies the cost uplift in my mind.

My big concern is if they make a considerable improvement in 2020 this years bike becomes an anchor.

Back