When do we see Rocket Robin on a Suzuki

Well, I'm looking to make sure that the bike will be eligible in the Vet Classes at LL2019 before I'd get in line to purchase one, because if I can't race it, I'll wait. I'm not wearing out my current bike by any means...... I've emailed Davey Coombs directly, but not heard back, I'll email the AMA people to see if I can get a response there.

But I love that the bike feels great right now, and that it's a USA product on top of that pushing the envelope in this arena. I know there will be others in the future, but lets get this going already!

Before you pull the trigger - see if they'll cut a deal on two -

My big concern is if they make a considerable improvement in 2020 this years bike becomes an anchor.

Or 3. Im on the same fence though, in 2020 the new bike might be so good in comparison that this one will be almost worthless when trying to sell it.

But if it's that good already, it will still be good going forward compared to everything else. And I can't see Alta making their current bikes worthless, they may make updates available at a cost to the customer to upgrade to newer electronics or such......

Another amazing ride on the ALTA in Endurocross.

TTremaine_Decline.TYeager%20copy.jpg

Alta Motors made history on Saturday night, becoming the first electric-powered motorcycle to podium in an AMA Pro National race. Ty Tremaine piloted his Alta Redshift EXR to an astonishing third place at round three of the Endurocross Championship Series in Reno, NV.

Tremaine, a Nevada native, found a great flow at his home race. He began the day by claiming the second-fastest lap in practice. The strong showing continued as he finished a close second behind Factory KTM rider and defending series champion, Cody Webb, in his heat race.

TTremaine_Air.TYeager.jpg

Ty would have the chance to return the favor as he and Webb went head-to-head in the bracket race final. With the fierce battle out of the gate, Ty and the Redshift EXR took the holeshot. The intense back-and-forth forced the series points leader, Webb, into a uncharacteristic error, creating an opening for Ty to capitalize on for the race win and additional championship point.

“The night was almost perfect,” said Ty. “After winning the bracket race, the energy of the crowd was amazing. I couldn’t be happier with the way the motorcycle performed.”

After getting a less than favorable start in the main event, Ty came around the first turn in sixth position. From there he took the mandated No Joke Lane immediately. The strategy paid off, as Ty fell back into the rhythm he had throughout the day, hunting down nearly every rider in the field before finishing the race in third.

“I didn’t get the best start so I took the No Joke Lane right away,” said Tremaine. “From there, I just started picking guys off one by one. I got into third and then rode my own race. We made history tonight, which is crazy. I couldn’t be happier to put Alta Motors on the box!”

Trophy.TYeager.jpg

The good news doesn’t stop there for the young OEM, as this weekend’s result moved Ty and Alta Factory Racing into third place in the series championship points. The team looks to continue this historic run going into round four in Denver on October 20.

Stay Fast,
-Team Alta

Back