When do we see Rocket Robin on a Suzuki

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
You know what they say...............

I'm not as good as I once was........... BUT I'm as good once as I ever was!!!!

You guys think it's easy getting old, just wait til you're up here in the age classes and see how easy it is!!!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I'll let you guys know what I think soon, I'm getting my turn at testing out an Alta very soon. The No Stroke Revolution may be upon us already. I wonder what the 2019 Alta Redshift MXR info will be released and what improvements are being made every this years model.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
People saying “ electric is the future “ need to take a cold hard look at automobile sales... you know what the most selling vehicle is to this day. I’ll give you a hint.. it isn’t electric.. not even a car.. but the Ford f-series .. unless they came out with a electric f-150 I don’t know about I’d say electric is a FLOP! As I said before. Electric bikes are gayer then AIDS.. I hope Alta bellies up and all the jap guys make America great again with new production 2 strokes!!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
While you guys are fat old couch potatoes talking about the good old days, I’ll be happy riding my electric bike and still getting the coolest exercise around !

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

hershey

PR Elite
Lmao..... all you crying about electric being stupid and a fad. Sorry but the facts contradict you. Electric vehicles are the future, no question. EV car sales went up 40% in 17 alone, this year Tesla is mass producing the Model 3 so the growth will be even greater this year. Ive wired 3 homes in the last month for EV charging stations. Ive wired about 20 stations in the past year in commercial locations. Tesla has used Electric semi trucks to move materials. The Alta is plenty fast from what Ive heard, the batteries are another issue for now. But there is no question there is going to be an electric vehicle revolution shortly. There is no avoiding it.

I will always have my 125 though!!!

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Lmao..... all you crying about electric being stupid and a fad. Sorry but the facts contradict you. Electric vehicles are the future, no question. EV car sales went up 40% in 17 alone, this year Tesla is mass producing the Model 3 so the growth will be even greater this year. Ive wired 3 homes in the last month for EV charging stations. Ive wired about 20 stations in the past year in commercial locations. Tesla has used Electric semi trucks to move materials. The Alta is plenty fast from what Ive heard, the batteries are another issue for now. But there is no question there is going to be an electric vehicle revolution shortly. There is no avoiding it.

I will always have my 125 though!!!

So you wired a few houses up means electric is the future ? Get real man lol. The sales are up on them yes, but that means nothing and they still account for less then 1 percent of the automobile sales. Sorry man, the technology just isn’t there yet.

hershey

PR Elite
So you wired a few houses up means electric is the future ? Get real man lol. The sales are up on them yes, but that means nothing and they still account for less then 1 percent of the automobile sales. Sorry man, the technology just isn’t there yet.

Who said anything about yet??? Yes, wiring houses up for it does mean its the future. Sales growth of 40% in one year is huge, this year will be higher. Have you driven a Tesla ? Bad ass. All the comforts of a luxury sedan and stupid fast. There are countries where the EV sales are a much larger portion of sales than the USA.

You can deny it all you want, in 1999 nobody would have said 4 strokes would EVER work for mx. That was just one industry pushing for it, the ENTIRE world is pushing for clean energy. Tesla along with a few other manufacturers have proven the tech is here now and worth it.

EV sales

Top Months for U.S. EV Sales to Date (estimated):

1. July 2018 – 29,514
  2. March 2018 – 26,373
  3. December 2017 – 26,107
  4. June 2018 – 25,019
  5. December 2016 – 24,785

For comparison the Ford Focus sold 8993 units in July of 18. I know Im comparing all EV sales to one car but there arent too many EV vehicle models to buy yet. But it goes to show you they arent a fad.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Who said anything about yet??? Yes, wiring houses up for it does mean its the future. Sales growth of 40% in one year is huge, this year will be higher. Have you driven a Tesla ? Bad ass. All the comforts of a luxury sedan and stupid fast. There are countries where the EV sales are a much larger portion of sales than the USA.

You can deny it all you want, in 1999 nobody would have said 4 strokes would EVER work for mx. That was just one industry pushing for it, the ENTIRE world is pushing for clean energy. Tesla along with a few other manufacturers have proven the tech is here now and worth it.

EV sales

Top Months for U.S. EV Sales to Date (estimated):

1. July 2018 – 29,514
  2. March 2018 – 26,373
  3. December 2017 – 26,107
  4. June 2018 – 25,019
  5. December 2016 – 24,785

For comparison the Ford Focus sold 8993 units in July of 18. I know Im comparing all EV sales to one car but there arent too many EV vehicle models to buy yet. But it goes to show you they arent a fad.

The focus is a turd. I think we’ll see more vehicles shedding weight before an electric revolution.. go tell Cletus, Billy Joe, and Uncle Reemis they need to trade in their 1993 F-350 for a Tesla lol. Electrical grids can’t even handle a few hot days in a row without going down it seems, now we’re gonna power vehicles with it too... maybe some day but we won’t see it that’s for sure.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Ok so I spent a few hours this afternoon riding the Alta Redshift MXR and I can tell you it’s not a fad. The bike is good right now, I jumped on it right off my 17 Husky FC 450 and was perfectly comfortable on it immediately. It doesn’t do anything weird, it rides just like my gas powered MX bike, jumps just fine, turns just fine, has plenty of power, goes fast, gets good traction, and feels just like my bike without the noise. The biggest unnerving thing I could say is that when you hit a jump just right and don’t need to correct the attitude of the bike in the air and let off the throttle, it just goes silent! That on my gas bike means that I stopped the rear wheel with the rear brake and stalled the motor, on landing I’ll have a little lurch to get it bump started and running again, but on the Alta, it’s just lands with no issues and starts rolling without any lurch or anything and starts making the whirring sound again.

The bike is great and you can’t believe how easy to ride it is!

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Ok so I spent a few hours this afternoon riding the Alta Redshift MXR and I can tell you it’s not a fad. The bike is good right now, I jumped on it right off my 17 Husky FC 450 and was perfectly comfortable on it immediately. It doesn’t do anything weird, it rides just like my gas powered MX bike, jumps just fine, turns just fine, has plenty of power, goes fast, gets good traction, and feels just like my bike without the noise. The biggest unnerving thing I could say is that when you hit a jump just right and don’t need to correct the attitude of the bike in the air and let off the throttle, it just goes silent! That on my gas bike means that I stopped the rear wheel with the rear brake and stalled the motor, on landing I’ll have a little lurch to get it bump started and running again, but on the Alta, it’s just lands with no issues and starts rolling without any lurch or anything and starts making the whirring sound again.

The bike is great and you can’t believe how easy to ride it is!

They’ll have something when it doesn’t take a tech to do a battery swap

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
So as of right now you can’t program anything yourself, you just pick between the 4 maps they have designed. Each map has a little different feel and a little different amount of regenerative braking attached to it, but none of the maps feel weird, I did four sessions in a row each on a different map and put the helmet cam on for three laps each going practice pace, or about 85%. I could jump and do everything on the track in Map 1 which if you read about it makes you think it’s a handicapped map that’s worthless. Not so, super traction, more regenerative braking, sipping the battery juice, and no wheel spin. It would be great for technical woods riding or downpour slippery MX race. It was surprising how powerful and fast the bike was on Map 1.

Double D

PR Founding Father
The new motor technology gives you full torque at any rpm. So a low setting will not change the torque. Unless they are doing something differently. That’s why I’m asking.
I have a speed controller programmer that I can change , Bell curves, top speed , breaking. And on and on. I would want to mess with it to get it set for me. But. Sounds like 1 or .5. Would be me.

hershey

PR Elite
They’ll have something when it doesn’t take a tech to do a battery swap

You and John259 must be blood brothers. You'll find any reason to hate on these!!! Lol

I do agree that the big hold up right now is the battery. Once it lasts for a full day of riding and charges fast they will sell like crazy.