Back when the OMA racing was fun! What happened??

John250

PR Founding Father
HH under the manure was hard as a rock and rocky. I remember you would hear the rocks hitting your forks. The start straight was brutal with rocks if you were not toward the front.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Ohio dirt sucks for the most part - unless you have some serious equipment to make it un-suck.

Rocks, clay, hard.

Dry when it's hot. Grease when it rains.

hershey

PR Elite
2013, I was out of there by 1030. I don’t even bring my bike any more..
Moto 7 gets out around midnight now.

Found this gem on FB .... Moto 19 with a release time of 12:2.... that means the moto was finished around midnight. Kind of puts a hole in your moto 7 at midnight story. Just saying if your going to complain at least be honest about your complaint.
68936521_10158855376491038_8492840697290817536_o.jpg

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
BC is in ohio....not a rock to be found

For the most part, BC is the exception not the rule. BC also has pretty good equipment compared to others.

I'm just saying its an uphill battle if you drop your disc and find out your dirt sucks - some places are lucky - some places can make crap dirt good.

hershey

PR Elite
Lots of work either way. After traveling so much riding, you learn how lucky we were with all the tracks we used to have. Still many choices but not like it used to be. Someone mentioned Beechwood trails, that place was supreme. Top 5 best tracks I've ever ridden. Damn neighbors ruined it.

Northern Fla, southern Ga seems to have the largest choice these days in tracks.

D

DTS

Wa
Found this gem on FB .... Moto 19 with a release time of 12:2.... that means the moto was finished around midnight. Kind of puts a hole in your moto 7 at midnight story. Just saying if your going to complain at least be honest about your complaint.View attachment 61412
Wasnt referring to the last race. Last Saturday our final was 1145 for Moto 13.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Just to recap

There’s to many tracks
There’s not enough tracks
The dirt is not good
There are to many rocks
It’s greasy
Every track except one that ran in the 70’s is garbage
Malvern has a lot of races
Night races take to long into the night
The races end at 2am I don’t get home till 3am but actually they end at 12am
Racing cost to much
I used to race Saturday and sunday
Moto is dead
Moto is coming back
There are to many classes
We need more classes
The track is to far.
The jumps are to big.
There aren’t any challenging jumps

You guys are insane. First off Malvern this past weekend ran 50 motos in 6hrs. That’s amazing. You clowns that want to race at night realize it doesn’t become night till around 8:30pm? So why don’t we race during the day then you can be home early???....???

Where is BJ!!!!!

Be happy we have people like BJ and Malvern and BC OIR Youngstown MX Acres apple frank who deal with you clowns and put out an amazing product. We ride on dirt bikes. Things are gonna change with the dirt. That’s the point of an off road bike to navigate these things. I’ve ridden lo Conn. Broken spokes. Scenic. Indian mound. Country hills. All of them are great. They are fun and that’s where I have all my memories from. Be happy we have places and quit complaining. Reminiscing is fun and that’s what we do just try and not be a downer all the time.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Just to recap

There’s to many tracks
There’s not enough tracks
The dirt is not good
There are to many rocks
It’s greasy
Every track except one that ran in the 70’s is garbage
Malvern has a lot of races
Night races take to long into the night
The races end at 2am I don’t get home till 3am but actually they end at 12am
Racing cost to much
I used to race Saturday and sunday
Moto is dead
Moto is coming back
There are to many classes
We need more classes
The track is to far.
The jumps are to big.
There aren’t any challenging jumps

You guys are insane. First off Malvern this past weekend ran 50 motos in 6hrs. That’s amazing. You clowns that want to race at night realize it doesn’t become night till around 8:30pm? So why don’t we race during the day then you can be home early???....???

Where is BJ!!!!!

Be happy we have people like BJ and Malvern and BC OIR Youngstown MX Acres apple frank who deal with you clowns and put out an amazing product. We ride on dirt bikes. Things are gonna change with the dirt. That’s the point of an off road bike to navigate these things. I’ve ridden lo Conn. Broken spokes. Scenic. Indian mound. Country hills. All of them are great. They are fun and that’s where I have all my memories from. Be happy we have places and quit complaining. Reminiscing is fun and that’s what we do just try and not be a downer all the time.

50 motos in six hours????? That is badass.

Rogers365

PR Addict
4 of those tracks are still around. Mcarthur is fair only but still the same track it was in 90’s, muskingum valley is still there but weaver made it invite only, wildwood is still there, and by hocking hills I’m assuming you mean wild wilderness which is still around just no racing...
Every other track on the schedule got as many races as they wanted and there are still a ton of open weekends

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Just so I'm clear, the point of this thread is that less tracks equals less fun? The shirt in the image was from 2013. The year East Fork was involved, 2016? 12 tracks? 40+ races outside of 3 AQs?, had more tracks I believe and the most racing events that we ever posted. How come that year wasn't mentioned? Would that not be the peak of fun and excitement given the point of the original post? Please explain. Thanks in advance.

I remember when racing was fun, and it was before the internet.