Best MX Track in Ohio

owndjoo

PR Member
Almost impossible to have the best track AND be open to the public.......IMHO. If any of you thought we were good in the last 8 years, then you haven't lived.
Plenty of great tracks in SoCal that are open to the public, almost daily. Obviously a different climate of riders and demand, but there’s plenty of great national caliber tracks that are open to the public.

Agree about the ooooold BC layouts. Fantastic bitd, the difficulty with keeping things fun and safe for such a wide swath of riders and skill levels to do both practice days and have a high level race layout is big.

Last edited:

Bass 67

PR Member
My son likes them all as long as he can ride. He rode Malvern a lot growing up, and when Rodgers would change up the track he would come off complaining about it. So one day I found this binky on the ground and kept it for the next time he started complaining about a track being changed. Needless to say he doesn’t complain anymore! Lol. I tell him to adapt to the changes and have fun.

Toddco327

PR Addict
There aren’t many tracks I’ve been to that I didn’t like. I might not have been a fan of a certain section, but that’s probably do to my skill level. All these guys work hard. Now there are times I’ve been to a track and it’s been a mess then went back 2 weeks later and it’s primo.

I love Malvern, Apple, MX Acres and I used to love Indian mound sand.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
There aren’t many tracks I’ve been to that I didn’t like. I might not have been a fan of a certain section, but that’s probably do to my skill level. All these guys work hard. Now there are times I’ve been to a track and it’s been a mess then went back 2 weeks later and it’s primo.

I love Malvern, Apple, MX Acres and I used to love Indian mound sand.

Miss the mound too, makes me sad to pass by that spot to head north and see what it is now.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I know this supposed to be current, but I still think scenic was the best track to hit Ohio. At least it had the most feel of a National track. Now we don’t need to talk about the driveway and the wind and everything else. But just the track when it started with all the dirt still in place was Epic

MX315

PR Addict
I will never give up my dream of Dirt world coming back!!! Malvern of course on point for 30 years !!! Apple cabin been going for 25years...beans always sick! Any track that can go for 25/30 years in Ohio is doing something right!!!!! Especially if Smith rides there and gives his opinions!!!! Haha

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
What tracks are appealing and available has changed and evolved with the sport.
I also believe it changes with your skill, capability and position in life.
What was hot 10 years ago is not today. What’s hot today will not be 10 years from now.

Thankfully!!!

My choices would be Mid-Ohio and Honda Hills.
I was at the ripe age, my skill was peeking and life revolved around MX.
Racing on those two tracks was the epitome of MX at the time.

whitcraft

PR Member
Kilbarger's.... where we hold our schools..... this post isn't as a selling point just honest opinion. especially back in the day with both hillsides. Back in the day I lived for Kenworthy's too.

But just a huge thanks to all the track owners that put the time in on prep and effort you know. good riding spots are hard to find nowadays when I was growing up training there were so many good tracks and a ton of good private tracks.... few and far between today.
track conditions at camp2.jpg
group.jpg

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Tv lands GP course.....that hasn’t happened in two years.

Moto. Some woods. Grass. Freestyle ramps rocks. Tires. 6x6’s....cool bizarre obstacles. Fun race.

freeh

PR Founding Father
Kilbarger's.... where we hold our schools..... this post isn't as a selling point just honest opinion. especially back in the day with both hillsides. Back in the day I lived for Kenworthy's too.

But just a huge thanks to all the track owners that put the time in on prep and effort you know. good riding spots are hard to find nowadays when I was growing up training there were so many good tracks and a ton of good private tracks.... few and far between today.View attachment 61733View attachment 61734
I agree. Wild Wilderness was my favorite track of all time.

fluidpower

PR Member
Puscheta Creek has been pretty good this year. Wouldn't say it was the best but certainly a great place to ride to change things up. Greer's is fun but can be a little one lined.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father

But just a huge thanks to all the track owners that put the time in on prep and effort you know. good riding spots are hard to find nowadays when I was growing up training there were so many good tracks and a ton of good private tracks.... few and far between today.View attachment 61733View attachment 61734
X2, loved wilderness too, so much fun there.