Best MX Track in Ohio

mooch

PR Elite
Grears in Zanesville which just opened this year. Awesome elevation changes that you won't find at any other tracks in the area and track is about 40 foot wide in some spots. Makes good use of the elevation changes for downhill and uphill jumps. They're having gobs of mulch brought in on a regular basis and still buying equipment to make it even better. Friendly folks run the place and also have some mighty fine concession food :)

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’m super pumped that nap city is only an hour and 20 minutes from me. Otherwise I gotta drive 3 to BC. 2.5 to beans (want to get to beans and BC just 5-6 hours drive time kills it for me with the kid)

BC still my favorite. Nap way up the list.....chilitown still has it for amenities. Nobody can beat that.

jj584

PR Addict
Is NAP public? I keep seeing pics and vids, looks nice but might be beyond my kids skill level. No mention on here of SOCR, we loved that track when we went there once.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Nap is the real deal - doesn't sound like there is a plan to go public with it anytime soon or even go racing.

It's a long track and he is working with pretty minimal equipment. John does an amazing job with what he has.

It would be sweet to get more tracks picked up for local racing
- Beans
- OIR
-Grears
- Nap

All excellent tracks that aren't involved in racing at this point.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Yea that one lol.

If you like old school style motocross tracks with neat elevation variations and a long history, COCR is for you.
A lot of us love the place, but many others don't.

I didn't make it down for any motocross there this year, but I did a Grand Prix race there this spring. It was without a doubt one of the toughest, and yet funnest GP's I've raced.

B Gotti

PR Member
If you like old school style motocross tracks with neat elevation variations and a long history, COCR is for you.
A lot of us love the place, but many others don't.

I didn't make it down for any motocross there this year, but I did a Grand Prix race there this spring. It was without a doubt one of the toughest, and yet funnest GP's I've raced.
They need to bring back Gravity Cavity & Screw You. Loved those two sections in the 80's.

Reactions: k01

John250

PR Founding Father
COCR could be a great track. Their prep has always sucked and is still not much better. So damn muddy in practice that it makes horrible lines and racing condition. Then the last race we raced there by the second moto we were fighting dust so bad that off the start you could not even see in the top section until people spread out. They really need to figure out the water prep.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Grears is the real deal too - first time there this weekend.

Lots of elevation change, excellent layout. Lots and lots of potential. easy to get to, right off the interstate - room to park, paved drive, dirt is awesome.

Master the prep and get the jumps/width of the track dialed in - then go racing!

Last edited:

k01

PR Elite
Nah it’s still there and they ran it in a GP last year!
Part of it is now gone on both sides. The drop off on one end and Kilbarger excavated flat the little hill that is now the start area on the other side. That hill was the beginning or end of the cavity depending on the track running direction. In 1986 I lost the lead in a vet class mud race when I didn't carry enough momentum through the cavity and broke traction right before the top of that hill. I had the win in the bag and blew it. Still bothers me to this day? Lol!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Nap doesn’t feel like Ohio. It feels more like southwestern PA. Dirt is more like high point and steel city. Nice flowy elevation and off cambers. That place can be amazing if they widened some of the back maybe shortened it up a hair. But really the sky is the limit for that place. I’m not criticizing it’s current form because I haven’t had that much fun on a motorcycle in a long time. Also the huge booters there’s like option line to go around. The dirt is beautifully pliable, soft, ruts up nicely. Forms the big breaking bump, acceleration bumps and g-outs. You get everything. Track is so big everyone can spread out easily.

A lot of local pros are riding there and nobody is douschey about anytning. There just having a good time. All you gotta do is get the blessing to come ride from jcole (throw him the going rate for a practice day) and just be mindful of your surroundings on the track and nobody will have problems.

Everytime I get the invite now I’m just gonna roll down there. I need to ride more than 4 hours a year and that place motivates me to do so.....

jj584

PR Addict
no... i love grears but their soil isn’t that nice. I rode grear’s once this year when he didn’t prep and my rear tire was shot afterward... never had that issue with cliffs dirt.
I think grears is mostly clay, slick when it’s wet and dry as hell when it’s not. Layout it fun though.