Super cross

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Last night was a blunder. Hole sexton is okay, that crash was gnarly. AC needs to get his focus right. Can’t believe how many riders the sand section claimed. What did y’all think about former taking himself and RJ out? Dirty move or was it Hampshire’s fault?

John250

PR Founding Father
Sexton needs to calm down a bit. He seems to get going too fast and ends up on the ground. He will figure it out, he has talent for sure.

AC will also figure it out, he is fast. But honestly, Dylan Ferrandis my be more of a threat than Sexton or AC in short order. He looks superfast, and is one of the few in the pack moving forward.

Osborne was fast. I think if he does not fall, he is all over Tomac on the last lap.

Forkner just makes his own mistakes. No way that was RJs fault like they tried to say on the broadcast. He flat out cut the corner and took RJs front wheel out, no one to blame but himself. I think the championship will come down to the two Star guys, Craig and Colt.

Who designs a damn track where the second straightaway crosses over the 1st turn? Three times they had people laying on the ground for guys to race around off the start. Stupid, and 41 second lap times? Plenty of floor space to make these tracks a little bigger. I guess less dirt cost less money.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I know you guys like “flow” but these tracks are flat out boring. I want a track without “flow”. Rhythm lanes with 12 jumps and the most anyone uses is 4... why build the others? Step on, step off.. how about climb up and maybe jump off? Saturday the wall, the whoops and the 180 corners made up easily 93.2% of the passing. Last night it was sand whoops and turns. But they build the same design over and over.
The bikes are amazing. No way you should be able to clear 68 feet with a 20 foot run. But they all do it. So I ask again. Why build it?
All I’m asking for is to just try something different. 41 second lap times is an arenacross track.

Tom

PR Elite
Per AMA Rule 4.16.E.9.C, four riders in Tuesday’s Houston Supercross have been penalized for jumping on a red cross flag. The penalty for each rider is the loss of championship points and purse equal to two positions for that race, plus two additional points. Riders affected are Ken Roczen, Jason Anderson, Vince Friese and Martin Davalos.

1611190156977.png

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I agree, so far the tracks blow.
I saw yellow again in the first turn.
Why are the riders put at risk with a lane so soon going back through the first turn?
Why are they using a production team from the middle school AV class?
Why does the cameraman zoom up to the point of losing frame ?
How about the TWO Northern Ohio guys!!!
Hand and Karnow !!!
Both totally legit. Making the main straight in. Soo baddd assss!!
Webb was looking more like himself.
Malcolm! Happy for him !!
So Barica rode the whole track in first gear towards the end?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I think tracks are fine, not the greatest, but hopefully we still have racers healthy in the final rounds. Sucks seeing guys get hurt so we can have good tracks

jms158bmx

PR Member
Did anyone else catch webb going off on his mechanic? Soon as carlos walked up to him he started dropping f bombs like crazy. It sounded like he was saying you f ing hurt me over and over. When they cut away you could hear carlos apologizing repeatedly and webb still yelling. I went on for awhile during the commercial break. Probably didnt go out over normal broadcast just peacock.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So the lapper “rules” are odd in our sport, as there are none... I think the only rule is that you hold your line and do not impede the leaders. Look, Dean knew who was behind him. Exactly who? Maybe not, but he knew it was the leaders. If it’s late in the race, your mid pack and suddenly you have someone breathing down your back... your getting lapped. You don’t need a blue flag, you don’t need pit boards telling you... you know. Just make a statement that says “I didn’t want to get lapped”. End of story.
I really liked that track. Maybe not all the 90* turns, but the wall, whoops, the options... nice. Both mains the leaders fold to the pressure... love it.

weaver658

PR Member
Did anyone else catch webb going off on his mechanic? Soon as carlos walked up to him he started dropping f bombs like crazy. It sounded like he was saying you f ing hurt me over and over. When they cut away you could hear carlos apologizing repeatedly and webb still yelling. I went on for awhile during the commercial break. Probably didnt go out over normal broadcast just peacock.
I think Webb said, “ that fing hurt, that fing hurt. Then carols walked up and he said, “ hey man you need to start telling me how many laps to go, which Carlos said ya I did. Then you can actually hear Kenny walk up to Cooper and say he was in my way for a quarter of a lap. Good coverage.

bruceb

PR Addict
So the lapper “rules” are odd in our sport, as there are none... I think the only rule is that you hold your line and do not impede the leaders.
But there are rules for the various flags, so let's see what they might be.
4.16 Flags and Lights
It is the rider’s responsibility to be aware of their surroundings at all times while on track. Safety is a main priority and the riders must obey all official signals and directions given to them. Any rider failing to do so may be penalized.
Solid Blue Flag:
1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.
2. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line. Once out of the fast line, hold your line, do not ride erratically and do not impede the faster rider’s progress.
3. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be penalized at the discretion of Race Direction.