It is that time of the year: Official LL Amateur National Roster is released

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Should be fun. Special shout out to #82 Hayden Justice in 450 B Limited and College Boy.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
+50 has four guys from Ohio. The MOST from any State.....

Tied at 4 with Cali but Kurt & Cam are not originally from there.

Then you got guys from Hawaii, Costa Rica & Mexico.

John250

PR Founding Father
Lenny Baker hasn't even rode much in years. He has always just had a lot of natural talent. Worked at Iron Pony now for years. Now he is a Sherco rep. Might be the only guy at the race racing a Sherco.

John250

PR Founding Father
I am not sure if Powers has decided if he is racing or not. He has a torn ACL that is giving him issues. 45 and 50 plus are stacked. How long is Grewe out and off a bike? Been a while since he has not been on the list.

John250

PR Founding Father
Unfortunately Jason Henniger who recently moved to FL from SW Ohio had a huge practice crash last week. He will not be there in 30 plus. Prayers to Jason on a speedy and full recovery.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Can someone tell me how making it to lorettas works cause I thought you had to get too 6 in your region? I know people who weren’t even close to top 6 at regionals and I’ve been seeing them pop up that there racing lorettas but yet never even came close to a ticket at regionals I don’t understand it? If you don’t make it at regionals how are they getting in? Anyone know how?

Vet261

PR Addict
Can someone tell me how making it to lorettas works cause I thought you had to get too 6 in your region? I know people who weren’t even close to top 6 at regionals and I’ve been seeing them pop up that there racing lorettas but yet never even came close to a ticket at regionals I don’t understand it? If you don’t make it at regionals how are they getting in? Anyone know how?

You have to make top 6 in the Regionals in east and central US, and top 4 in western US to get a guaranteed ticket.

People get in every year as alternates as not all of the top finishers go, especially from the west coast.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Mitchy Z broke his collarbone in his first moto at his first regional while passing into 3rd in 250B. He's been out for 6 weeks in a sling, he went to HP National with me to watch.
He will be back on the bike in August.
That’s a bummer! Was excited to see him race at Lorettas.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Essentially Top 6 make it, top 4 on the west coast.

Also quite a few people qualify in more than one region, so that opens up extra spots for the next riders in line(based on power ranking).

Your power ranking is essentially the number of racers in your regional class divided by your finish position(there’s more to the formula but that’s easiest to explain).
-For quick math, 10th place of 50 riders(5) beats 7th place out of 28 guys(4). So while you would think a 7th place is only one spot from a ticket, the guy in 10th will actually get seeded in first.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Essentially Top 6 make it, top 4 on the west coast.

It gets real confusing though.

Only HALF of those spots are actually guaranteed. A lot of times they will pull a couple west coast positions and give them to the bigger regionals based off power ranking. This is due to some west regions having such a small turnout.(my class on the west coast had 6 total riders, our Mid East regional had 45).

Also, quite a few people qualify in more than one region, so that opens up extra spots for the next riders in line(based on power ranking).

Your power ranking is essentially the number of racers in your regional class divided by your finish position(there’s more to the formula but that’s easiest to explain).
-For quick math, 10th place of 50 riders(5) beats 7th place out of 28 guys(4). So while you would think a 7th place is only one spot from a ticket, the guy in 10th will actually get seeded in first.

Hope that helps
Helps a lot and I got a another question is the people that are alternates signing up as if they made it and paying the mx fees cause there’s a ton of alternates from regionals of course but on the alternate rosters those are the people who didn’t make it initially but paid the mx fees correct? So what I’m saying is the people who are alternates have to pay the mx sports fee to go even though they haven’t made it do they get reimbursed the money or just goes to waste it was just suprising to me to see people I beat are in the show I was just confused

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Helps a lot and I got a another question is the people that are alternates signing up as if they made it and paying the mx fees cause there’s a ton of alternates from regionals of course but on the alternate rosters those are the people who didn’t make it initially but paid the mx fees correct? So what I’m saying is the people who are alternates have to pay the mx sports fee to go even though they haven’t made it do they get reimbursed the money or just goes to waste it was just suprising to me to see people I beat are in the show I was just confused
If you sign up as an alternate and don’t end up being able to race, mxsports will refund your money.

Vet261

PR Addict
Only HALF of those spots are actually guaranteed. A lot of times they will pull a couple west coast positions and give them to the bigger regionals based off power ranking. This is due to some west regions having such a small turnout.(my class on the west coast had 6 total riders, our Mid East regional had 45).

That's only partially correct. ALL the spots are guarenteed, 4 on west, and 6 for the rest. If you get top 4 or 6 and send your money, you are IN.
Johnny is correct though in one part -- if you go west and don't get top 4, your power ranking is screwed....EXCEPT for this little understood rule and I think Johnny is taking it backwards:
  • A minimum of 50% of the guaranteed qualifying positions from each Regional will advance to the National, regardless of the rider's power ranking.
What that means is, if there are 6 racers in a West Regional, and you get last (6th) but send in your money, and only ONE of the top 4 send their money in....YOU ARE IN! This is the seldom used "west rule" they put in trying to get more representation from the western part of the country. I have actually seen this happen in years past with the vet classes.

Using the same scenario however of 6 racers, you get 6th, and if TWO of the top 4 send their money in, you are hosed. The 50% rule is satisfied by 2 of the 4 entering, and your power ranking is a fat zero because you got 6th out of 6. If one of the two that sent their money in drop out though, you bump all the rest of the alternates and are IN.

On another note, has anyone ever done the "apprentice" thing they added as of last year? I saw this year they added "factory team mechanic" and I almost pulled the trigger on signing up for that. I know the whole thing is aimed at young kids....but it looked interesting. If I was planning the whole week down there I would be tempted to apply for it just to do it.

Last edited: