PR Founding Father
IMG_5670.JPG
IMG_5666.JPG
IMG_5665.JPG
IMG_5663.JPG
IMG_5654.JPG

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Vet Fest, CTMX, Honda Hills all on the calendar.

Vet Fest probably out as my training hasn't been going well...lol. Prolly hit CTMX and HH.

Actually we'll be doing as many of the OMA Saturday Night Series races at Route 62 & Malvern and although we won't be able to make the Battle this weekend to run for the points in that series, we'll probably hit the last two of that series as well.

Perry County Fair and Hartford Nationals right around the corner...

Of course...fall baseball around the corner, so depending where we are in all that, we might be a Hoback Ball Park on occasion during race weekend... ???

To sum it up, hard to tell. Good thing I got decent at the moto hokey pokey back in the day...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
"To sum it up, I'M MUTHERFUGGIN SCOOB. I never know what I'm doing!"
'Tis true, but I always have an idea of what I might be doing. I always have a plan, but that plan may change at any moment due to circumstances within and/or outside of my control... ;)

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i planned on vet fest and can am this year.. but red bud had other plans for me lol got surgery on my foot yesterday. im out 8-10 weeks or so.. I was hoping I might be able to get in can am but itll be the same week i get my cast off and im sure my foot is still going to be in pretty bad shape. realistically hoping i can do highpoint then as its a couple weeks after, and then find something cool to do in october to make up for ruining the summer.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Have you ever gone to vetfest??
Oh yeah, me and John 259 hooked up and went. I must have been so far in front of you that you do not remember...lol

Was a blast! Dry and rough on Friday practice, then monsoon overnight, but if not for being at Red Bud, it would not have been ridable. Good times.

It's been a few years...obviously. I remember Parma Dave, member formally known as Pit, Rocket, and many other PitRacer crew members there. Thinking I was on my '07 Kawi 450 so it would have had to have been in 2008 or a couple years after at best. 35+B maybe? Not sure how to look that up.

That was the year I had everyone going back to High Point for the vet dealio and I said I wasn't going the week before the event. I remember the member formally known as Pit trying to tell me I couldn't do that... Guess I showed him...lol.

Never is it because I do not want to... Priorities I s'pose...

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Vet Fest, CTMX, Honda Hills all on the calendar.

Vet Fest probably out as my training hasn't been going well...lol. Prolly hit CTMX and HH.

Actually we'll be doing as many of the OMA Saturday Night Series races at Route 62 & Malvern and although we won't be able to make the Battle this weekend to run for the points in that series, we'll probably hit the last two of that series as well.

Perry County Fair and Hartford Nationals right around the corner...

Of course...fall baseball around the corner, so depending where we are in all that, we might be a Hoback Ball Park on occasion during race weekend... ???

To sum it up, hard to tell. Good thing I got decent at the moto hokey pokey back in the day...
Just a suggestion riding those night races aren’t for everyone. Not for me at all and I have 20/20 vision. It’s so sketchy not knowing what the ground is doing and all the shadows I personally tried it out again once this year and I hate it I don’t expect to do another one anytime soon

Woody

PR Addict
Just a suggestion riding those night races aren’t for everyone. Not for me at all and I have 20/20 vision. It’s so sketchy not knowing what the ground is doing and all the shadows I personally tried it out again once this year and I hate it I don’t expect to do another one anytime soon
Agreed. I struggle seeing at night, and when the lights go out it's even better!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I just don’t like riding at my pace at night. Like one shadow and one bump could literally ruin you
I get that, but I loved night riding. Spencer seems to also. The days of the HH and Muskingum Valley Friday Night Series were a part of my uno mas favorito moto times...

John250

PR Founding Father
I just don’t like riding at my pace at night. Like one shadow and one bump could literally ruin you
Back in the day I can remember launching the ski jump at Dirt Country. It was so dark on that end of the track. You just hoped you land in a good spot. Just keep the gas on!!

Vet261

PR Addict
I remember Scoob at VetFest!

Back when Rocket Robin and I had the stretch going of being at every single one...I think we got up to like 15 years in a row or something before one of us missed it.

We need BC to resurrect the old "Midwest Vet National" from Scenic and "make ohio vet racing great again!"

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I remember Scoob at VetFest!

Back when Rocket Robin and I had the stretch going of being at every single one...I think we got up to like 15 years in a row or something before one of us missed it.

We need BC to resurrect the old "Midwest Vet National" from Scenic and "make ohio vet racing great again!"
Was that event 2 or 3 motos?

NQ1965

PR Elite

And the older you get, the less secure you become with your vision, I have found.

Back in the 90's Honda Hills was running the "Friday Night Series" and always seemed to pull huge entry numbers. I wasn't riding then but I would go and watch. Then later when I tried racing at night, I found out just how difficult and risky it was. I think out there, they must have just had the track dialed in so well made it easier?
Crazy as it is though, there's still that temptation of: "but if it were the right track, it could be fun".

Last edited: