2022 AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship

Looking over the entry list. Total of 10 Suzukis entered. I think a majority were all vets with the exception of a couple A riders. Crazy how the brand has pretty much faded away.
By far the fewest of any bike. I did notice a Mr. Hildebrand on a Suzuki...lol.

That said, in what I noticed in a not so in depth investigation was very few of anything else other than Yamaha and KTM. Especially on bigger bikes. We need a statistician to give us the over all digits by bike type... Anyone know of one?....lol

By far the fewest of any bike. I did notice a Mr. Hildebrand on a Suzuki...lol.

That said, in what I noticed in a not so in depth investigation was very few of anything else other than Yamaha and KTM. Especially on bigger bikes. We need a statistician to give us the over all digits by bike type... Anyone know of one?....lol
I noticed that as well. But I also noticed way more Hondas than in the last 10 years as well. Honda has definitely made strides in getting more people riding red again. Surprised there were not more Yamahas in the 65 and 85 classes.

Been a while since i have done this.

Dare i say OH is making a comeback??? At least in numbers

CA - 169
TX - 136
FL - 97
PA - 78
OH - 61
IL - 51
CO - 49
NC - 48
MI - 45
GA - 45

Brands:
KTM - 579
Yam - 269
Husky - 184
Gas - 132
Kaw - 114
Cob - 83
Hon - 82
Suz - 14
Other - 11

So most of that Red you are seeing Johnny are Gas Gas

Been a while since i have done this.

Dare i say OH is making a comeback??? At least in numbers

CA - 169
TX - 136
FL - 97
PA - 78
OH - 61
IL - 51
CO - 49
NC - 48
MI - 45
GA - 45

Brands:
KTM - 579
Yam - 269
Husky - 184
Gas - 132
Kaw - 114
Cob - 83
Hon - 82
Suz - 14
Other - 11

So most of that Red you are seeing Johnny are Gas Gas
Nice... Crazy how there are more Cobra's than Honda's being they are in just 2 classes basically....

Top 3 in 25+ were Honda's though I beleive...

Funny you posted the states, I was just thinking ohio had quite a few riders this year

Now combine KTM, Gas Gand Husky. Scary how that company has the market cornered

Last edited:
Basically 900 entries are KTM. That is nuts. Riding one of those is like belonging to a gay cult.

I am surprised Ohio has that many. I think a majority of them are youth and vet. The B classes have few.

Also seems like California has way more than normal.

Subtract all the 50 classes:
KTM - 556
Yam - 224
HUSKY - 169
Gas - 126
Kaw - 114
Honda - 82
Suz - 14
Other - 10
Cob - 6

I am more surprised about the demise of Honda then the growth of KTM

Basically 900 entries are KTM. That is nuts. Riding one of those is like belonging to a gay cult.

I am surprised Ohio has that many. I think a majority of them are youth and vet. The B classes have few.

Also seems like California has way more than normal.
Gay cult? They are popular because they are good.

1659644781707.png

Total number of Honda's by year.
Oh how the mighty has fallen.

Back