So....who's excited ???

gettyimages-613479562-612x612.jpg

The broadcast crew every time Jett is on the track.

Awesome first round. Webb looks like Webb again.

Great race, but I cannot listen to the broadcast team anymore. I turn the volume way down so I can enjoy the racing and not be completely annoyed. Track wad gnarly!

Track sucked I didn’t like it at all wasn’t very good racetrack. Boy did Eli come out swinging and so did Webb and we know how dangerous Webb is with confidence.

I'll fall asleep during one of the commercial breaks during the semis. Snore myself awake near the end of the 450 main and become just coherent enough to spoiler alert myself for the replay the following morning. Happened more than a couple times for more than a couple years now haha
Ditto

Glad I wasn't as annoyed as the usual's. Well, until I get on Pitracer Monday morning...lol. Everything was good for me. Good with track, broadcast, crew, and result.

Like was said, seems as if Tomac and Webb (I am not really excited about this one, but definitely will make for some good racing) are back on their games. Sexton will clean it up and always be there. Roczen will be as well early in the races giving us fans a glimmer of hope. Game on!

See you in Oakland!

Last edited:
Why do we have to have some British guy in the booth? Hell Ralph Shaheen is way better than Diffy or whatever his name is. And Fro I hate to say it is better than Ricky for sure. And when AC retires, he should replace both of them.

Ricky is horrible to listen to. And I agree, it's like they are yelling half the time.

Put a fork in Forkner. Anyone giving this kid a contract is wasting money. Let him spend his own money to try and race.

Mookie.....it's like watching Bubba. You know eventually he is gonna crash.

Anderson, fast and just lost it. What's up with Kawasaki and the front end tuck? He looked like Tomac of old or AC cornering that Green machine.

Webb, he has it figured out again. He will be there in the top three this year.

DF14, coming through the pack. He will have several podiums this season.

AP7. Supercross is just not his thing. He will be a 5 to 7 guy on the good nights. On his great nights he could pull a win and podium.

Craig. He will be competitive in the top 10 most of the season.

Sexton. As I mentioned, he is fast as hell, but Tomac lives rent free in his head. He knows tomac owns him. It will be a mental game for him. He has the speed.

Roczen. Gonna show greatness once and a while but I really see Kenny as a 4 to 6 guy this season.

Tomac wins the Championship, Webb 2nd and Sexton rounds out the top 3.

I am almost belling laughing here...why do you guys pay attention so much to the commentating? I barely pay attention to any of it nor could tell you anything they actually said. At least during racing.

The funniest part is that no matter who has been in the booth the last 10+ years has the same ones on here booing them. Personally, I have no problem with the nationality, etc. as some do, but my preference is someone who has been on the track at the highest level. Ralph did drive me nuts with his stupid comments that showed his ignorance about the sport.

RC is fine. I liked Fro although the Fro and RC show it is more of a word slapping contest between them sometimes. AC was pretty good. I actually liked Colt Nichols. That may have just been during practice one time last year. Daniel Blair is earning his pay as well.

In the end, I barely hear the commentating during the race. Just me I guess. I'm on my moto island I suppose... The commentating isn't for us moto heads anyway. More so for those without a clue and/or the ones that do not race/ride I feel. We'll watch (and bitch) no matter who is in the booth...even with the volume muted. ;)

I am almost belling laughing here...why do you guys pay attention so much to the commentating? I barely pay attention to any of it nor could tell you anything they actually said. At least during racing.

The funniest part is that no matter who has been in the booth the last 10+ years has the same ones on here booing them. Personally, I have no problem with the nationality, etc. as some do, but my preference is someone who has been on the track at the highest level. Ralph did drive me nuts with his stupid comments that showed his ignorance about the sport.

RC is fine. I liked Fro although the Fro and RC show it is more of a word slapping contest between them sometimes. AC was pretty good. I actually liked Colt Nichols. That may have just been during practice one time last year. Daniel Blair is earning his pay as well.

In the end, I barely hear the commentating during the race. Just me I guess. I'm on my moto island I suppose... The commentating isn't for us moto heads anyway. More so for those without a clue and/or the ones that do not race/ride I feel. We'll watch (and bitch) no matter who is in the booth...even with the volume muted. ;)

yea the constant announcer hate is pretty comical - but par for the course. oh no, a BRIT!?! lmao

great race imho

looking forward to the 8pm broadcast next week

Track was entertaining, nothing too crazy, probably a good move by the dirt crew. Everyone talking about how its Eli's championship to lose. Come on its A1, lots of racing let. Eli did look good though. Mookie will win an main somewhere this year, perhaps Daytona.

Track was entertaining, nothing too crazy, probably a good move by the dirt crew. Everyone talking about how its Eli's championship to lose. Come on its A1, lots of racing let. Eli did look good though. Mookie will win an main somewhere this year, perhaps Daytona.
Yeah, and not a typical A1 from what I gather in terms of dirt moisture. Guess I am not for certain, but it did seem a little soft and rutty. They've been getting some rain in So Cal. Easily could have been a mudder me thinky...

Mookie looked the best he ever has and i see him getting his first win this year! Was good racing all night. Did anyone hear what happened to piece brown or forkner?

I have $100 for whoever wants to bet me. Mookie is NOT winning Daytona.

How can you not hear the commentating? The commentators geared to newbies is fine but let's face it, 99% of people watching aren't newbies.

Commentators are just like tracks, everyone likes something different and someone will always be disappointed.

I can't stand Ralph or Lee. Neither has a clue about mx. But just because I don't care for them doesn't take away from the racing for me.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the idiotic rider name boxes with chop sticks following them or the tough blocks during racing yet!

How can you not hear the commentating? The commentators geared to newbies is fine but let's face it, 99% of people watching aren't newbies.

Commentators are just like tracks, everyone likes something different and someone will always be disappointed.

I can't stand Ralph or Lee. Neither has a clue about mx. But just because I don't care for them doesn't take away from the racing for me.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the idiotic rider name boxes with chop sticks following them or the tough blocks during racing yet!
Inaccurate too, I caught forkner being labeled mcadoo by those at least once.

Should have said "listen to" not "hear". It's a where I put my focus thing. I mean, in what I hear, it's OK. Better at times as well as worse, but I am not watching to hear them. I am watching to watch the race...

Remember, MX is easy. You just ride around on a motorcycle. Not a big deal. ;)

I don’t even notice the commentary…the rider name boxes are definitely ridiculous…. I think they even had some wrong names in them during the heats.

Back