"Amatuer" Nationals

John250

PR Founding Father
I started looking thtough some of the classes at the LL "Amatuer" Nationals, specifically the entries in the classes. I see the names at the top of the 35+ Vet class, names in the Pro Sport class, such as Robbie Reynard. Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is a bit of BS. I personally do not think that ANYONE that has held a "pro" license or qualified for a supercross or outdoor Pro National, should be allowed to run any class at LL. The Pro Sport and A classes should be for up and coming "A" riders, NOT "pro" riders. The Vet classes at LL should be for just that, "Amatuer" Vet riders. Guys like Reynard, Povolny, Sheak, and Johnson are not "Amatuers". All have held a "pro" racing license, and in my opinion should not be completing in a "Amatuer" national now, I dont care if they are now 35 years old. Look at Dowd at 45.....16th place at a pro national. Would you like to race him next year in 35 Vet, and 40 Vet and 45 Vet? These guys are great Vet riders, but NOT "Amatuers". The LL "Amatuer" Nationals should be left to the riders that fall into this category in my opinion, and guys that have held Pro racing licenses do not fall into that category. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I agree with you and then I don't agree with you. Should they not be allowed to ride, no. Do they need an exclusive class for past license holders, yes.

Sorry, but yeah.......their day has passed at the LL "Amatuer" Nationals. No, they cant ride. Why should a "pro" class be held at a "Amatuer" National. There are PLENTY of other big races across the country for these guys to race at, but sorry in my opinion they should not be able to qualify for the biggest "Amatuer" race in the country.

I think they should have classes that allow them, not the ones for regular guys like us. I think the pros are part of the whole LL scene. At least from MX Sports point of view. I dont think it matters how old they get we mere mortals will never be competitive against them !

Here we go again with the same thing! So because i was fast enough to qualify for a few nationals when i was in my 20's i shouldn't be allowed to race at LL unless i race with the 18 year olds who are trying to do this for a living? NOT!! What about going locals? SO i am not allowed to sign up for 30 or 40 at the locals anymore? I have to only race the A class with the kids? NOT

What about Cooper Webb or AC? Those kids are just as much "Factory" riders as anyone riding pro nationals but they are allowed to ride the Amateur nationals every year. IF you do it with the vet classes then you have to do it for ALL classes.

Understand your point blair.......but I am just saying at LL. I personally dont think a local fast B vet rider has a chance against guys that had pro licenses. You could have a Vet A class I suppose or something, but at the "Amatuer" Nationals, I dont think any of the guys listed above at true "Amatuers" like the rest of us.

Here we go again with the same thing! So because i was fast enough to qualify for a few nationals when i was in my 20's i shouldn't be allowed to race at LL unless i race with the 18 year olds who are trying to do this for a living? NOT!! What about going locals? SO i am not allowed to sign up for 30 or 40 at the locals anymore? I have to only race the A class with the kids? NOT

What about Cooper Webb or AC? Those kids are just as much "Factory" riders as anyone riding pro nationals but they are allowed to ride the Amateur nationals every year. IF you do it with the vet classes then you have to do it for ALL classes.

AC and Cooper are full factory and pay for nothing the loop hole is the fathers are the ones that get paid not the riders as they are to young and do not hold a Pro license, AC's dad is challenging the age limit rule to go pro.

thats why there is a vet b/c class. thats why there is 250 and 450 b and c classes. pro sport classes are for past license holders. chad reed wouldnt be allowed to race. there is a rule, so many years off or something.
but you think the only way these guys should be allowed to race anymore competitively is at pro nationals? if your racing lorettas in A, it shouldnt matter who your going up against.

Sorry, but yeah.......their day has passed at the LL "Amatuer" Nationals. No, they cant ride. Why should a "pro" class be held at a "Amatuer" National. There are PLENTY of other big races across the country for these guys to race at, but sorry in my opinion they should not be able to qualify for the biggest "Amatuer" race in the country.

yup. thats about as stupid as the cra not letting 250 2 strokes race with 450's lmao

If Chad Reed (or any pro for that matter) sits out 2012 and races no pro events then he can ride ANY age class that he is appropriate for in 2013. Except for +30b/c, no A riders allowed in there. You can actually ride in the +25 class if you have qualified for a national as long as you haven't scored a point I believe. Used to be that way so unless that has changed in the past few years??

Had Dowdy not ridden a national this year he could have rode 25, 35, 40, or 45 next year and i would have loved to line up next to him again down at the ranch.

If Chad Reed (or any pro for that matter) sits out 2012 and races no pro events then he can ride ANY age class that he is appropriate for in 2013. Except for +30b/c, no A riders allowed in there. You can actually ride in the +25 class if you have qualified for a national as long as you haven't scored a point I believe. Used to be that way so unless that has changed in the past few years??

Had Dowdy not ridden a national this year he could have rode 25, 35, 40, or 45 next year and i would have loved to line up next to him again down at the ranch.
right. its the best of the best lining up. shouldnt matter. its no difference than your top A guys, like bogle, who already have factory rides set up for next weekend at unadilla.

I am saying that there should be a +30 and +40 pro sport classes. Problem solved. It blows when the average joe such as myself cant compete because ex pro's are in my age group. In the +45 class you have some serious talent, the lap times arent all that far off some of the premier classes

I am saying that there should be a +30 and +40 pro sport classes. Problem solved. It blows when the average joe such as myself cant compete because ex pro's are in my age group. In the +45 class you have some serious talent, the lap times arent all that far off some of the premier classes
but how many guys are even ex pros? not enough to make a +40 all ex pro class. too many classes as it is. dumb classes like schoolboy1 (12-15) and schoolboy 2(13-15). should just be 1 class.

I am going to really stir the pot. LOL I just want 1 women's vet class, I race against kids every weekend.

Maybe we should just get rid of all a classes too? No, just kidding. But I can see where you are coming from, but that should make the racing that much more exciting. When else can you say that you raced against Reynard or Doubach? Why are you complaining about those guys when Bogle, Faith, Freeberg, and Hayes are all beating them?

Here's another topic we can all get started on... How about the Youth Beginner class? They take out a Pro Sport class to add classes like these? Loretta Lynn's is supposed to be top amateur national in the United States, or even the world, for the 42 fastest riders in the world. So why are we adding classes like these, THAT DON'T EVEN GIVE AWAY TITLES??? If you win, you don't get a title, but you can tell people "Yeah, i raced at Loretta's." That's a joke to me.

Maybe we should just get rid of all a classes too? No, just kidding. But I can see where you are coming from, but that should make the racing that much more exciting. When else can you say that you raced against Reynard or Doubach? Why are you complaining about those guys when Bogle, Faith, Freeberg, and Hayes are all beating them?

Here's another topic we can all get started on... How about the Youth Beginner class? They take out a Pro Sport class to add classes like these? Loretta Lynn's is supposed to be top amateur national in the United States, or even the world, for the 42 fastest riders in the world. So why are we adding classes like these, THAT DON'T EVEN GIVE AWAY TITLES??? If you win, you don't get a title, but you can tell people "Yeah, i raced at Loretta's." That's a joke to me.
i agree. you got kids in these beginner classes that are throwing down lap times that would put them top 15 in A class. but so are the superminis.

i just heard from DC himself that there will no longer be a beginner class next year. (dont mistake this with C, its different) the next class on the radar is a 125 2stroke open age group class.

The quote from DC (from vitalmx.com):
The Mini Development class -- the Beginner class -- was a bad idea and I take full responsibility for suggesting it. The kids in that class are not really ready for this track or this event, and that class will not be back I'm guessing. Too hard to enforce and not really fitting with the rest of the event....

So the next great big idea? From the meeting we had with top amateur industry people, the frontrunner is a 125cc Two-Stroke class that is "open" in age. It got a lot of support and not as much push-back as I imagined (thanks for throwing it out there Michael Sleeter!)

We'll know more soon, but it's on the table right now.

Yea we've had this rant already this year on the board. I agree with you John.
125 2 stroke class would be nice. Open 2 Stroke would be as nice as well.

cant believe it took this long to get a 2 stroke class. remember they had a 4stroke class, and nearly every bike in the other classes were 4strokes.

Back