"Amatuer" Nationals

It's ok the way it is, but it would be nice to have another B/C class for vet riders.

I say dump the +35 and replace it with a +40 B/C class (and still keep a +40 all skill level class). That way normal riders like me can race +30 B/C and +40 B/C. The super fast ex pros that currently race +35 can compete in +25.

+25
+30 B/C
+40
+40 B/C
+45
+50

they should dump the C class part all together. you shouldnt be racing for championships if your a beginner. but itll never happen. mxsports even knows it doesnt make sense and is too hard to patrol. but it makes them soo much money at areas and regionals.

open prosport
250 prosport
open A
250 A
open B stock
open B mod
250 B stock
250 B mod
125 or 2stroke
college
+25 A
+25 B
+30 A
+30 B
+40 A
+40 B
+45 full gate
+50 full gate
thats the same amount i do believe of big bike classes. minus schoolboys and womens.

It's ok the way it is, but it would be nice to have another B/C class for vet riders.

I say dump the +35 and replace it with a +40 B/C class (and still keep a +40 all skill level class). That way normal riders like me can race +30 B/C and +40 B/C. The super fast ex pros that currently race +35 can compete in +25.

+25
+30 B/C
+40
+40 B/C
+45
+50

Hey Pit wish i could have gone to watch.

My opinion. LL is about up and comming racers. Not Vet Classes. Narrow them down like you said.
We can't make the event so long that the average family with a super talented kid/parents cant take 9 days off work to go race.

This race is so big because it is the "DRAFT" of motocross.

Maybe next year we chase the VET national series instead. or even this year.
They divide the classes up enough so we all have fun and also have plenty of competition.

barrington314, I think the C Class is OK.
I remember my first Regional and it taught me about a whole different level of racing.
Local races and area series are competitive but not all out like LL.

Besides think about how many $$$$$$$ extra classes bring MXSports.
42 on each gate times infinity for the guys that did not make the regional or qualifier.

Its all good. And thank you very much for all the posts and vids.. I have been checking in as often as life allows.

barrington314, I think the C Class is OK.
I remember my first Regional and it taught me about a whole different level of racing.
Local races and area series are competitive but not all out like LL.

Besides think about how many $$$$$$$ extra classes bring MXSports.
42 on each gate times infinity for the guys that did not make the regional or qualifier.

Its all good. And thank you very much for all the posts and vids.. I have been checking in as often as life allows.
thats why i said itll never happen. C class rakes in too much money. its just my opinion that they dont belong at loretta lynns, and without them it would leave room to clean up some other classes.

+25
+30 B/C
+40
+40 B/C
+45
+50

Perfect! Just what I am getting at.

this just in... adam cianciarulo (sp) is no longer amateur. signed a 5 year deal with PC. alot of these young guns are already making more money than all of us and you guys are worried about ex vet pros ruining the amateur name.

this just in... adam cianciarulo (sp) is no longer amateur. signed a 5 year deal with PC. alot of these young guns are already making more money than all of us and you guys are worried about ex vet pros ruining the amateur name.

You're surprised by AC ? Every amateur under the factory Kawi mini tent has rode for pro circuit. JS, RC (was splitfire then but same team), RV. . . Just to name a triad.

Did any of AC's bikes get claimed this year?

As a guy that has been here any times over many years.... there is the good and the bad of each of all of your arguments and there is no way to keep everyone happy. But, I am tickled to stay on the lead lap in ten lap motos this year and not get lapped by Keith Johnson or Kevin Walker or whoever is leading my age class (who happens to be the same age as me) and even though I'm in no contention for a win or podium I know that I'm still getting better and my training is working by the results of 14th and 17th in my last 2 motos in the +40 class this year. I don't count my first result as I was playing it safe and practicing in that moto.....

I would love it if they had a +40B class..... but I doubt they would fill the +40A class if that was the case..... creating another problem of a class without enough entrants.

The biggest problem I see with a 125 2 stroke class that is "open" age is that there is already a 125 2 stroke class in the Schoolboy 1 class and I'll bet the new class if it's left open age...... will have almost the same entry list and the schoolboy 1 class and it won't open up the racing to anyone else.

I do understand that the Youth Beginner Classes had their headaches this year based on 1st year options and rule questions etc..... but I do also believe that with some rules clarifications and strict enforcement at the Regional level..... that class could be a great beginner class and allow people to attend and race Loretta Lynn's that will otherwise never have a chance to. And while they aren't tripling the Ten Commandments or anything like that...... those kids are having some of the best racing of the week down here where they are all swapping positions the whole moto and it's fun to watch.

It is fun to say that you have raced against Kevin Walker, Jeff Emig, Trampas Parker, Doug Dubach, Keith Johnson, Mike Treadwell, Robbie Reynard, etc in the Vet Classes. And while I'll never have their skills or speed...... I get a first hand look at why they were "pros" and I was not in my youth. I appreciate the talents that they have been blessed with and wish that I had just a bit more and wish my training would lead to more improvements in lap times than they do. I'm happy that I can run the same pace for 10 laps in 134 degree heat index moto and still turn one of my fastest laps on lap 10 of the moto..... that's as good as it gets for me.!

You're surprised by AC ? Every amateur under the factory Kawi mini tent has rode for pro circuit. JS, RC (was splitfire then but same team), RV. . . Just to name a triad.

Did any of AC's bikes get claimed this year?
sure they rode those built bikes but there werent signed this early by mitch. this is the earliest he has actually signed a rider ever.

Yeah I was watching the live times and I said to myself....man, if this was only a 100 lap moto Rocket would win. Not often you see a guy turn the fastest lap at the end of the moto...in any class.

@Barrington: I know AC's dad has been pushing for the pro age to be reduced....I dont know if that's a good idea, I mean you're still growing at 16, how the heck are you going to be a pro at 14 when you're not even fully developed? Just seems like a situation where it's not good to be a body builder before your body is ready you know?

speaking of claiming bikes. if i were in the market for a nice 125, id be down at the ranch next year to pick up AC's pro circuit schoolboy kx125. thats assuming he rides that class. hes not very big, so i bet he does.

speaking of claiming bikes. if i were in the market for a nice 125, id be down at the ranch next year to pick up AC's pro circuit schoolboy kx125. thats assuming he rides that class. hes not very big, so i bet he does.

I bet there's alot of people thinking like yourself. I'm sure there will be a line for the claim when AC hits the podium...I can't remember how much you have to put up for the claim. Isn't it used retail blue book value +30% or something? I'll have to look up the claiming rules again. That's a steal for a Pro circuit bike. :)

AMA Rulebook 2011:
G. Claiming
1. *All sanctioned motocross and youth meets are claiming meets. The claiming price shall be 30 percent over (50 percent over for Supermini) manufacturer’s suggested retail price using the Black Book AMA Official Motorcycle Value Guide, Kelly Blue Book or NADA appraisal guide and include the complete motorcycle, supermini or minicycle. Vintage- and ATV- class equipment shall be excluded from the claiming rule.
2. Any rider (claimant) may enter a claim for a motorcycle, supermini or minicycle ridden in an event in which the claimant has competed. A claim must be entered with the referee after the meet has been completed, but no later than 30 minutes afterward. The referee then notifies the owner of the claimed motorcycle and may take possession of it.
3. Cash, certified check or bank draft must accompany a claim. The owner of the claimed motorcycle must immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of sale.
4. If more than one claim is received for the same motorcycle, the meet referee will hold a drawing to determine the successful claimant.
5. If a rider whose motorcycle is claimed refuses to comply, he must forfeit his trophy, is disqualified from the meet and will be suspended for one year.
6. A rider may not enter a claim on his own equipment.

Try getting that bike. It won't happen This was taken from KTM talk in Feb, 2011. Appears that PC would provide a number of counter claimants which would result in a drawing.

QUOTE (ski @ Feb 26 2011, 01:07 AM)
you or anybody else would be welcomed to try and claim it, but believe me, there is money and people in place to counter claim your claim, therefore they would 'outbid' you, and the bike would stay in their corner. they've gotten smart over the yrs.

It doesn't go to a bid . the names go in a hat and they have a drawing

MattsDad Posted: Feb 26 2011, 09:43 AM

It doesn't go to a bid the names go in a hat and they have a drawing I promise you there will be several counterclaims. Then it is a matter of who gets lucky on the drawing.

--------------------

Sponsors: Yamaha Motor Corp, Serious MX, Parts Unlimited/Thor, Triangle Cycles, TCX Boots, Liquid Performance,PR2, James Saylor at JMS Engines Kenda Tires, Smith Goggles, Vortex Bars and Sprockets, FMF, Devils Ridge, North Carolina Motorsports Park

KTMtalk Guru

Cary, NC
Member No.: 155

I promise you there will be several counterclaims. Then it is a matter of who gets lucky on the drawing.

--------------------

Sponsors: Yamaha Motor Corp, Serious MX, Parts Unlimited/Thor, Triangle Cycles, TCX Boots, Liquid Performance,PR2, James Saylor at JMS Engines Kenda Tires, Smith Goggles, Vortex Bars and Sprockets, FMF, Devils Ridge, North Carolina Motorsports Park

How many years ago was that? I think the manufacturers have gotten smarter since then. Plus........if you claim AC's bike, are you going to ride it as fast as AC? And, if you are as fast as AC, why even claim his bike?

Could you not wait until 28 minutes after and file your claim? That would only give PC 2 minutes to have their people ready to also make claim.......thats what I would do if I were going to try and claim it. I am surprised more people dont claim bikes. retail plus 30%.......many guys are on new bikes all tricked out at lorettas......seems like a great way to get a raced one week bike, tricked out.

How many years ago was that? I think the manufacturers have gotten smarter since then. Plus........if you claim AC's bike, are you going to ride it as fast as AC? And, if you are as fast as AC, why even claim his bike?
riding it that fast isnt the point. look how many C riders have almost factory looking bikes.

mike alessis honda supermini got claimed too.

if i had the money, and my kid was gonna race superminis next year, i woulda claimed ACs bike this year. that thing looked sweet! kit suspension on a supermini!
or better yet, imagine how much money JGR has in cooper webbs crf150. that thing probably keeps up with stock 250fs. lol.

There was a very, very sweet looking RM125 under the Rockstar Suzuki semi canopy with I think Jace Owen's name on the graphic........

Back