"Amatuer" Nationals

There was a very, very sweet looking RM125 under the Rockstar Suzuki semi canopy with I think Chase Owen's name on the graphic........
better take your check book next year. gonna be quite a few fast A riders on suzukis down there. gonna be top notch bikes for sure.

do you have to be racing that class to claim them tho?

Cooper's bike beats the 250fs. Been there and seen it. Having said that we are talking the next generation of pros. If a bike does get claimed, how can a regular Joe Schmoe access the parts that PC put into that bike. I can send a 150 to JGR for engine work, but it won't be a Cooper motor. I bet they wouldn't sell anyone those parts. would it cost more to maintain?, or would it get monied down to an ordinary bike? Just asking,

Cooper's bike beats the 250fs. Been there and seen it. Having said that we are talking the next generation of pros. If a bike does get claimed, how can a regular Joe Schmoe access the parts that PC put into that bike. I can send a 150 to JGR for engine work, but it won't be a Cooper motor. I bet they wouldn't sell anyone those parts. would it cost more to maintain?, or would it get monied down to an ordinary bike? Just asking,

I'm sure they could put together a replica and you'd never know once they took the bike you claimed in the trailer and took the other out.

If I could get my hands on a factory bike for blue book plus 30% I'd do it even if I never could ride it like ac. You only pay for the bike after the drawing so it's not like your paying for the chance your paying if you win the drawing. That's win win.

I will be racing at Red Bud in a couple weeks, would someone please "claim" my 2007 RM-Z450? I could use the $4500.....

All this talk of claiming bikes is a waste of time. 1. You have to be a competitor in the same class to be able to claim the bike........ (which most of the people talking on here don't have a kid that will be in AC's / Cooper Webb's class anyway). 2. Do you really want a bike that is specifically set up for this one rider just to say that you have a Pro Circuit bike or JGR bike? It's not as if you are getting a full works factory Honda bike........... it's all stuff that you can buy anyway.

All this talk of claiming bikes is a waste of time. 1. You have to be a competitor in the same class to be able to claim the bike........ (which most of the people talking on here don't have a kid that will be in AC's / Cooper Webb's class anyway). 2. Do you really want a bike that is specifically set up for this one rider just to say that you have a Pro Circuit bike or JGR bike? It's not as if you are getting a full works factory Honda bike........... it's all stuff that you can buy anyway.

I'm gonna claim your Hussy next year, burn it at the track, and maybe then you will buy a Yamaha! That is of course if I can ever qualify again.

really? i shouldnt talk about it because im not gonna be able to claim his bike anyways? with that attitude theres alot of stuff most of us shouldnt talk about.
and sure its all stuff you can buy, for well over the cost of retail + 30%

Really!!!!........... You aren't young enough to run in AC's classes, so you won't be in the same class as him to be able to claim his bike. You can suppose all you want about how trick his bike is and what kind of "factory" parts are in it, but in reality, it's a well prepped bike with mods that suit him and what he likes for power and suspension and he's backed by Pro Circuit who has made a name for themselves by selling what they run on their bikes. It's full MSRP of the bike new from Manufacturer +30% of that cost to cover the mods that people make to the bike......... so let's say they settle on $5000.00 for the price of a new KX125 and add 30% to it........ that's $6500.00 to Claim AC's bike. I feel that you could get a used KX125 for pretty cheap still, and do all the mods you want to it (still leaving it a 125 to be legal in the class it was run in) and have less than $6500.00 in it and it would be set up perfectly for you instead of a super fast 75lb kid from FLA. Is it really a great deal? Would you piss off Mitch Payton and the people at pro circuit? Would you gain anything other than some notoriety for 15 minutes on the web????

There is a reason that people aren't claiming bikes all the time, because it's not a great idea and costs a lot of money. But talk all you want......... it's your time your wasting dreaming about getting AC's 125. How much money do you think Pro Circuit will really have wrapped up in a KX125 when you get only the parts that are on it at the time of the race? You don't get spares, stock parts, etc.......... the bike the way it was raced.

Really!!!!........... You aren't young enough to run in AC's classes, so you won't be in the same class as him to be able to claim his bike. You can suppose all you want about how trick his bike is and what kind of "factory" parts are in it, but in reality, it's a well prepped bike with mods that suit him and what he likes for power and suspension and he's backed by Pro Circuit who has made a name for themselves by selling what they run on their bikes. It's full MSRP of the bike new from Manufacturer +30% of that cost to cover the mods that people make to the bike......... so let's say they settle on $5000.00 for the price of a new KX125 and add 30% to it........ that's $6500.00 to Claim AC's bike. I feel that you could get a used KX125 for pretty cheap still, and do all the mods you want to it (still leaving it a 125 to be legal in the class it was run in) and have less than $6500.00 in it and it would be set up perfectly for you instead of a super fast 75lb kid from FLA. Is it really a great deal? Would you piss off Mitch Payton and the people at pro circuit? Would you gain anything other than some notoriety for 15 minutes on the web????

There is a reason that people aren't claiming bikes all the time, because it's not a great idea and costs a lot of money. But talk all you want......... it's your time your wasting dreaming about getting AC's 125. How much money do you think Pro Circuit will really have wrapped up in a KX125 when you get only the parts that are on it at the time of the race? You don't get spares, stock parts, etc.......... the bike the way it was raced.
well i dont see myself riding bikes anytime soon anyways. so im not saying i wanted to claim his bike. im saying it would be a good deal for someone that was interested. his kit suspension would cost more than the bike alone im sure. and theres ways around being in his class to claim his bike. if i really wanted it, and had the money, id get it. just like how the team will put in a number of counter claims to keep it. if its not worth the 6500 you threw out, why would a team post up counter claims and lose 6500 plus what they already have in it?
AC sells his bikes anyways. probably wont next year tho, being that itll be mitches bikes.

I do recall lining up next to Ryan Villopoto at KROC and his mechanic had one leg twice the size of the other to kick that thing over with all the compression it had. (Alright I exaggeratted, but the point being I could start mine with my Hand and Dane Leimbach built me that bike and RV's kicks were a quite a bit slower. But it showed when the gate dropped because he was 12 bike lengths ahead of everyone to the first turn.) Now how would I buy parts like that...I would of thought Dane would of already put those same parts in my bike as he was under the factory kawi tent. It was the best running Supermini I ever had and it was lightyears behind Ryan Villopoto's.

And you might argue reaction time but we left the gate at the same time. I had top 5 starts in all my regionals and big events that year. I'm not bragging, because look where I am now a stupid nurse who can't really ride anyway just trying to show that the reaction time argument that will come in these future posts is pre explained.

This is all blah blah.....I dont see how it wouldn't benefit someone claiming those bikes just to get that compression and the internals on the engine alone.

Plus it is a lot easier than claiming the bikes anyway. Someone bought Cooper Webb's bike (didn't ask if it was the smin or schoolboy bike) before the event and left the ranch with it. Allen usually sells AC's bikes. Last year he had a pair of S/Minis at the mini o's for sale. Jace Owen's RM125 (3rd place in schoolboy and the 125 that pitracer mentioned earlier in the thread) will most likely be for sale at his dad's shop in Illinois shortly.

bruce

Plus it is a lot easier than claiming the bikes anyway. Someone bought Cooper Webb's bike (didn't ask if it was the smin or schoolboy bike) before the event and left the ranch with it. Allen usually sells AC's bikes. Last year he had a pair of S/Minis at the mini o's for sale. Jace Owen's RM125 (3rd place in schoolboy and the 125 that pitracer mentioned earlier in the thread) will most likely be for sale at his dad's shop in Illinois shortly.

bruce
hope it wasnt the 250. i think it expired!

I have a way to fix the vet classes. New rules at the areas, reg. , and national to qaulify each night before you race you must drink at least a 12 pack of beer and stay up til 3. This will discourage any fast ex-pro.

I have a way to fix the vet classes. New rules at the areas, reg. , and national to qaulify each night before you race you must drink at least a 12 pack of beer and stay up til 3. This will discourage any fast ex-pro.

Isn't that known as the J-Law rule :)

no it's different you all have to hang by a campfire lying about how fast you used to be and no fighting.

Stumpy you know that I am built for that!!! Be much easier for me to get in that kind of shape!!!

Back