on to the next one. SX round 2 discussion

WOW THATS AAAAAMAZING!!! Lot of good it did him. It cracks me up how the Bubba lovers have to find something, anything to try and put their precious Bubba back up on a pedistal. Even in the midthst of TWO pathetic performaces. Stewart too fast for his own good???? Really??? Are you still beating that drum? Its real simple, flashes of brilliance but a reality of total mental weakness.

Jason, Barrington brings ups a good point. He usually wrecks by landing on people or running into them. Like last night. You can't factor him out because he did turn a laptime equal to RV.

He was charging very hard before his crash, probably 75% on adrenaline and he used all his energy up, when he went down he realized was done. That was probably his adrenaline kill and you can't win races when you are out of shape. Not making an excuse for him but I think his reality show and not racing has taken its toll on his training and fitness.

And I hate js7. I don't think he has what it takes to win but I'm not counting him out.

Awesome to see Dungey and KTM win!

Anyone pick up on what RC said during the heat races? He said that track would favor the KTM because it has a steel frame.....good stuff!

It was definitly cool to see Weimer up there mixing it up with the big boys, and good to see Canard back in action as well. I love have Windham can always be up there with the young guys and hold his own, no wonder hes basically had a factory ride his entire career. Although not even the slightest bit a Villapoto can I cant take away from his riding and charging the entire race, kids got some speed going on. Dungey, ehh I dont know about him, still not a fan, he does well, but usually ( last night he was on fire) he seems to be a few crayons short of a full box, but he had an awesome ride last night. Im a still a #7 fan no matter what, coming back after that time off I didnt expect a race sweep, if he could get a good start I think he would do alot better, it seems alot of the guys are always in his way, NO ONE wants him to pass him. Him passing four guys in a matter of 3 corners are awesome. I still as well am not going to count him out, a healthy race, and a good start, he will do well.

Dungey put in a flawless ride & Decoster will take the KTM team to the top as his history speaks for itself.

Yeah, I picked up on the steel frame comment & always like them as the bikes are easier to work on without the large boxy aluminum tubes.

I am wondering if KTM will be the first to bring a direct injection 2 smoker back & drop bike prices a grand or so.

How about KW almost making the podium & grabbing 4th place! They can call him old but better use fast in the same sentence.

LCQ's.....lots of big names did not make the main as the depth to the field is the best it has ever been.
It would blow to be a privateer trying to get into a main these days.

Awesome to see Dungey and KTM win!

Anyone pick up on what RC said during the heat races? He said that track would favor the KTM because it has a steel frame.....good stuff!

what is the advantage and disadvantage of the steel vs aluminum? i have no idea.

what is the advantage and disadvantage of the steel vs aluminum? i have no idea.

The aluminum frames are more rigid. The steel frames flex which as RC pointed out allows the bike to move with the power and terrain providing better traction on hard packed terrain.

For those that doubt that Dungey or the KTM is not as fast as RV and his Kawi, if I remember correctly, there was only a 0.001 difference in fastest lap times between the two. Great to see Dungey getting KTM the win. Although I still think RV will take the championship.

I cant believe how fast poto is going. Its his to lose. Trey Canard and Jake Weimer doing good too. Hard to tell who will wind up third and fourth at this point, but I see allot of guys fighting for second.

WOW THATS AAAAAMAZING!!! Lot of good it did him. It cracks me up how the Bubba lovers have to find something, anything to try and put their precious Bubba back up on a pedistal. Even in the midthst of TWO pathetic performaces. Stewart too fast for his own good???? Really??? Are you still beating that drum? Its real simple, flashes of brilliance but a reality of total mental weakness.

ive been an RV fan since he was first on PC kawis. i just cant stand the fact that anyone that rides motocross can hate on james. the dude has in incredibly extraordinary talent and can do things that noone else can.
there are many factors into last nights race. he was sick, is that why he got up so slow on such an easy crash? like george said, when you start out and are charging hard you have the adrenalin pumping. then you crash and lose all of that... or idk maybe he just isnt in the same shape as all the guys that race year round. or maybe its heart. maybe he really is just over this whole MX thing. whatever it is, its not speed. dude is plenty fast enough to win. he just doesnt have everything together like the rest do.
the too fast for his own good statement is proven week in and week out when he rear ends slower riders.

poto simply wants it, he proved that on that last lap. and thats what wins championships. moves like that.

I'm honestly not sure why half the people on this board hate js7..is it because he's black? i mean seriously? lmfao i dont get it. the dudes fast as hell yet you all still hate on him for what reason?..regardless you all do realize he wrecked literally because he was taking that sand section about 3 seconds faster than everyone else and didnt realize how slow everyone else actually was through there right? just throwing that one out there....

I was at the Phoenix sx... Awesome nite of racing. My personal highlights
no js7 in last practice
jimmy alberston passing block passing grant in lcq
marvin musquim (spelling) awesome ride ( I HATE KTM) sorry Dungey (awesome ride)
How stacked the 450 class is (grant not making main)
rv 1 and js7 crash in same spot of track sandy section to sandy dirt single
Kevin windam k-dubb! Looked smooth and flying but couldn't help but cheer for rv1 passing kdub late moto
dungey looks faster KTM (did I mention I hate KTM )
Js7 clownin terrible start almost last...... Then after mid moto crash didn't make that many passes
I think Stewart jumped a quad section after finish line in first quilfier
rv1! From last to third charged all race making passes on really fast guys short canard reed windham EVERYONE
jake wiemer Best race of his career looked smooth

Will post pictures tomorrow

I can't speak for everyone and why they may not like James Stewart and like to bash on him..... but I think there are people out there that don't appreciate his racing techniques in races, and his "hype" of things like being the "fastest man on the planet". What other top racer can you name that took out so many other racers in the heat of battle while being either out of control, or going too hard for the situation? I wouldn't want to be on the track with him in an SX in Mid Pack on the first lap as he might bust out the triple when everyone else is doubling to be safe...... I also think he should have played down his "fastest man on the planet" routine a long time ago and been a little humble about his talents. The fact is, James came up and into the waning years of RC's riding and RC proved who was the better "racer" of the 2 of them...... RC, hands down. Who can argue that RC wasn't a better racer than James when they went head to head for a few seasons and which of them got the most championships in those head to head battles?

I think James is an amazing talent on a motorcycle, and he has the skill to win any potential race he enters. I also think that he's not trained hard enough to make that skill an insurmountable gap to close between him and his competition. If he trained and worked as hard as RC did, James would be unstoppable force racking up wins. I don't like him as a racer for his lack of desire to use his talent to the fullest, and his lack of care of the other riders on the track while in traffic. I respect his ability and speed and even chose him as winner of A1 and Phoenix in my predictions because he's so fast and good at SX and has something to prove this year..... good thing I wasn't playing fantasy SX this year!

Maybe some other people feel the same way. It has nothing to do with him being black, riding a Yamaha, or anything else. Simply don't like his racing style in traffic and his ego while having that natural ability that the rest of us would die for.

My boss one time told me "errogance and self awareness rarely enhabit the same body" This seems to fit James well.

It also seemed like his conditioning is not up to what it should be. The crash in Anaheim seemed to be a pretty basic fade to the outside...something done when fatigue takes over when the mind is weak. This weeks crash seemed to take it all out of him. An in shape rider could have come back with James speed.

The saddest part of the SX this year is that there is no Suzukis to cheer for...
my 2 cents.

Maybe some other people feel the same way. It has nothing to do with him being black, riding a Yamaha, or anything else. Simply don't like his racing style in traffic and his ego while having that natural ability that the rest of us would die for.

I agree.

For those that doubt that Dungey or the KTM is not as fast as RV and his Kawi, if I remember correctly, there was only a 0.001 difference in fastest lap times between the two. Great to see Dungey getting KTM the win. Although I still think RV will take the championship.[/QUOTE]

Dungey had clear track all night and RV had to work through traffic. If RV had clear track he would have been at least a half a second faster.

For those that doubt that Dungey or the KTM is not as fast as RV and his Kawi, if I remember correctly, there was only a 0.001 difference in fastest lap times between the two. Great to see Dungey getting KTM the win. Although I still think RV will take the championship.

Dungey had clear track all night and RV had to work through traffic. If RV had clear track he would have been at least a half a second faster.[/QUOTE]
I'm with ya on this. If rv was on dungey he would've pressed a mistake from him. RV will take the championship as long as he stays healthy and better starts will help too!

press dungey for a mistake? Youre joking right? Dungey may not be the fastest rider out there at certain times but he does NOT make mistakes. Can you name a season hes been hurt on the lites or big bikes and was out? I sure cant, dungey will win just like he shouldve last year in both outdoors and indoors. Dungey is the most overlooked and underrated rider out there. I wanted to watch dungey out front but speed chose to follow stewy and villipoto but if one of them had been out front they wouldve followed them the whole race. People said dungey wouldnt win a sx this year Ive got my money on dungey this year, indoors and out. He may not take a lot of wins this year but hes by far the most consistent rider in the field.

Why I dont like James Stewart.
My first exposure to James was in Fox's video Terrifirma. He was in this video with RC and Travis P. both of these young men were polite and professional for thier age. James on the other hand, well we wont discuss what James acted like. I believe any parent would be embarrassed if thier child acted as he did. But hey, he was just a kid right? So fast forward about 7 years to Tampa FL. James makes his SX debut and upon winning the race in very impressive fashion what does he do? DROPS HIS BIKE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STADIUM AND DOES THE SPRINKLER!!!! WTF???? This continues for a couple more race wins untill someone with more sence than James makes him relize all he is doing is pissing everyone off. No one is amussed, exept maybe some of his posse. The more I think about it perhaps his sponsors had something to do with haulting this behavior. Sence then I have seen him take out more riders than I care to count due to his lack of good judgment or beeing out of controll. There have been a couple brief periods in his carreer where I thought he was finally starting to grow up and use his head. Those didnt last long or proved to be false. One thing I would like to give him credit for and I have always admired about him is that I dont think I have ever seen him visciously take a rider out. With his corner speed it would be easy for him to do. Just my opinion, Jason Rogers

Dungey had clear track all night and RV had to work through traffic. If RV had clear track he would have been at least a half a second faster.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....you don't know that for certain. Whose to say Dungey wasn't playing it safe after he figured out he had a decent lead? Perhaps if RV was right there Dungey could of kicked it up a .75 seconds a lap? (not trying to argue, just sayin.)

And whose to say the only reason RV was riding that fast is because he was amped up on 1st-lap-crash adrenaline? Is it just me or does it seem like you ride so much faster after crashing in a race? My dad always told me I used to ride quite a bit faster after an in race crash. Or maybe it seemed that way. But even Stewart has quoted "after I crash I ride like I never rode before, wish I could ride that hard all the time."

@Rogers365 1. its their, not thier...2. coming from a rider who knows what its like to be discriminated against at the track for really no reason, other than being not the same as everyone else and with the predominantly wealthy white riders who snubbed him because he wasn't from where the sport grew its roots. No one held it over MC2 for being cocky and acting slightly like a punk when he was coming up did they? Does it make it right? not necessarily, but judge not lest ye be judged right? All I'm saying is i doubt many of you know what it is to be discriminated against at the track. therefore you haven't been in his place... Can you imagine what he had to deal with being poor, black, and not having real roots in the sport coming into this sport? I've seen how people react when their kids, and they themselves start getting beat by kids they've never heard of, or who a year ago they were making fun of. Can you imagine what was said about them when they first started showing up to races? Then a year or 2 later having their kids hosed, or they themselves by the very same kid. putting said foot in mouth. Rather than a congrats, they probably just screwed with them more. Is his cockiness right? not necessarily, but who of you wouldnt feel the same way?.. and 3. you're the product of you're environment.

everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but this is my 2 pennies on the subject matter.

Back