What the hell is wrong with mxsports and ama?

mordecai

PR Member
At the qualifier this past weekend I had a a very large problem. The "C" class.... Ive only been racing fir a year and a half but I am smart enough to know the c class isnt supposed to be tripling nor should they be faster than the b class but when asling the AMA official he said it was completely legal.... sooo what is the stipulation to being bumped from c or why is there even a c class? Honestly ..... Im not *****ing but just stating obvious. If you dont care about it why not just get rid if the class? Also thy need to add a 25+ c class

Unfortunately the C class at LL qualifiers really is no place for actual C riders. The top C riders at LL qualifiers are smoking fast.

Ask #23 racing on here, he's the expert on it ! This topic has been rehashed multiple times. Some of us received nasty emails over our opinions on the matter !

Short of it is that its wrong but legal. Those sand baggers want to be the "c" class champ at LL. Something that gets you nothing except glory for you and your slower riding buddies. Then of course when your old and done you can relive the glory days .....

Well I can honestly say this.... I would rather be at the back/middle of B then at the front of c absolutely smashing other legitimate c class riders.... whenever I see people like that I just wanna say something so bad. Seriously grow some ****ing balls.... be a man and move up.

This is an age old issue that people have brought up every year at the beginning of the Area Qualifier season when they go and see "C" riders that are very fast and talented. The rules are in place that allow riders over age 12 who haven't "raced" for more than 2 years (This year being January 1, 2010 as the cut off date) or had an RPV value of 11.0 in 2011 for the C class having raced 6 or more events.

SO, with that being said, there are rules in place to have a legitimate "C" Class group of newer riders that have not been racing more than the past 2 years. BUT there are also plenty of loop holes in the rules to allow riders into the program that don't fit the rules and are outside of the AMA's view.

1 - If you live in an area of the country that doesn't have the AMA as your sanctioning body you won't have RPV Values or # of events for that rider in the past few years. Think CRA in northern Ohio without D 12 anymore. You can race CRA for 4 years and then go to AMA racing and look like you've never raced before anywhere. (Yet if you show the AMA a CRA record of a rider prior to 2010 in competition under a protest, the AMA will remove them from C class), but other sanctioning bodies in other parts of the country don't have good records online for you to research and use for protesting purposes. So living outside of AMA santioning helps riders in the C class who decide to go for Loretta Lynns.
2 - If you've been riding for years but never been racing (just practicing with your buddies at open riding dates), you essentially have flown under the radar long enough to be a good rider without racing before................... you can go into the C class. Many people ride and don't race these days. If they get the bug to try for Loretta Lynn's all of a sudden one year, they are perfectly legal to do so.

Remember, the most famous of all Loretta Lynn's C class champions is Jeremy McGrath. He was a legal C class rider when he won his only Loretta Lynn's title yet was really fast. He started out late but had that natural talent that took him to the top of the sport. So just because someone is super fast in the C class, doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't just start riding 2 years ago.

Yeah and then add this nonsense. Mitchy qualified for Loretta's last year in the Multispeed class on his Honda 50cc and ended up 7th. His payback for this honor, he can never ride a C class again. He will have to go from Supermini/Schoolboy to the B class....kind of stupid if you ask me. I can see why you would not want Cooper Web or kids of that talent running a C class, but seriously...a kid at age 7 in a mini class. Dumb!

Yeah and then add this nonsense. Mitchy qualified for Loretta's last year in the Multispeed class on his Honda 50cc and ended up 7th. His payback for this honor, he can never ride a C class again. He will have to go from Supermini/Schoolboy to the B class....kind of stupid if you ask me. I can see why you would not want Cooper Web or kids of that talent running a C class, but seriously...a kid at age 7 in a mini class. Dumb!

I know I post this before. My son Tommy road PW 50 4 to 8 age group. Never try for Loretta and after the third year his Distric card came back as a B rider. He started at four so he was 7 and had a B card.

I belive once you ride supermini and mini sr your supposed to go to B class. At least that was what it was when i switched. i got kicked out of my 1st C class race because i ran supermini!!

At the qualifier this past weekend I had a a very large problem. The "C" class.... Ive only been racing fir a year and a half but I am smart enough to know the c class isnt supposed to be tripling nor should they be faster than the b class but when asling the AMA official he said it was completely legal.... sooo what is the stipulation to being bumped from c or why is there even a c class? Honestly ..... Im not *****ing but just stating obvious. If you dont care about it why not just get rid if the class? Also thy need to add a 25+ c class

Haha. I'm not laughing at you. With you. C class is a joke. 90% of them aren't C riders. C class should be abolished. It's retarded. I'm sorry man but that's how it is. There's no way they can regulate it. Just don't worry about it. Be like them and ride C class for the next five years, sandbag and never move up.
Unfortunately, most of the riders are fresh off superminis. Some of which who were extremely fast and definitely not C riders.

Write a letter to the AMA. Maybe they won't even open it !!

Zman- Mitch won't ever be a c rider. He will develop into a sound rider through the mini ranks. And he will go straight into B like many in the past. And he will see many like himself go to c with the excuse "it's our first year on a big bike." what is the first thing people say when they see a C rider haulig mail ? "Wow, sandbagger". You know what they say about b riders haulin mail "wow that kids fast."

At the qualifier this past weekend I had a a very large problem. The "C" class.... Ive only been racing fir a year and a half but I am smart enough to know the c class isnt supposed to be tripling nor should they be faster than the b class

MY son and I thought the same thing when he started a few years ago. My son fell into the late start category of the "C" class got beat down and lapped by the "C CLASS" for a few years. Took several years and many injuries (HE was on the CRASH course to learning, LITERALLY) before he was even competitive in the "C CLASS"
Now the Problem is, unless you find a way to clear out the fast guys / NOT TRUE NOVICE RIDERS then any legitimate "C" class rider has got to become fast enough to be able to beat these guys in order to win some races or do well enough to get an RPV high enough to move up. Unless you want to move yourself up.
The next thing is if you want to qualify in the "C" class at LL"s. Well then, as you have pointed out, you have to be pretty much as fast as a top "B" rider in some areas or you may as well stay home. So you are forced to sand bag the year before qualifying otherwise you will be moved up before the next spring when qualifiers begin!
Then you have the person who is perfectly content in the "C" class racing occasionally for fun and having no intentions of moving up. Either because skills just do not merit or just personal preference (they are just having fun).
There really is no good way to POLICE this class, or prevent the dirt bag who wants to be a ":C" class "HERO" all there life. It really comes down to personal Honor and Integrity. The people having fun know who they are, the LL's competitors know who they are and Everyone can tell who the "C CLASS HERO" is!!!

Ask #23 racing on here, he's the expert on it ! This topic has been rehashed multiple times. Some of us received nasty emails over our opinions on the matter !

Short of it is that its wrong but legal. Those sand baggers want to be the "c" class champ at LL. Something that gets you nothing except glory for you and your slower riding buddies. Then of course when your old and done you can relive the glory days .....

You got the hotts for me dont you? I bet im the last thing you think about before you close your eyes at night lol. I dont know anything about C class because my son only ran it for 4 months after taking a year break. C class rocks

This is the fundamental problem with handicaps across all sports. The same would happen if there were classes for the US Open (golf). I bowled a 203 the other day in our league and the other team got all pissy. Well I could barely break 100 before this year. I don't even know my handicap and don't really care (it's bowling after all) but we apparently crushed them. They kept complaining about the handicap but nobody noticed we beat them straight up too. Nobody noticed that was my second highest game in 42 years.

If a kid is flying cheer him on regardless of what class he's in. We all know how much work it takes to get there. Get on his rear for a couple corners and learn how he's going faster. By the time you turn 30 there's a 30+b/c class but these guys are hauling too so let's face it, there's only one GOAT and he isn't us so let's all line up on the same gate, drop it and have fun trying to be fast.

This is the fundamental problem with handicaps across all sports. The same would happen if there were classes for the US Open (golf). I bowled a 203 the other day in our league and the other team got all pissy. Well I could barely break 100 before this year. I don't even know my handicap and don't really care (it's bowling after all) but we apparently crushed them. They kept complaining about the handicap but nobody noticed we beat them straight up too. Nobody noticed that was my second highest game in 42 years.

If a kid is flying cheer him on regardless of what class he's in. We all know how much work it takes to get there. Get on his rear for a couple corners and learn how he's going faster. By the time you turn 30 there's a 30+b/c class but these guys are hauling too so let's face it, there's only one GOAT and he isn't us so let's all line up on the same gate, drop it and have fun trying to be fast.

Very well said

If there were a rule implemented for LL's for the "C" class it may clean it up a bit, all the way all around.

Maybe something like you may only qualify in the "C" class if you have raced "C" for 2 years or less (ANYWHERE)...

OR better yet as someone mentioned. have two "B" classes at LL's. tHE regular "B" class that anyone in the B class may ride, and "B-2" class for racers just coming out of "C" or that have not raced in "B" for no more than 2 years total and just eliminate "C" all together. This would encourage competitive racers to move up to "B" without the worry of being noncompetitive.

TAKE THAT TO THE AMA!!! HAH!

Back