What the hell is wrong with mxsports and ama?

PAMX is AMA Sanctioned, just separate from D-5.

Yes, PAMX is AMA sanctioned, but as a rider you do not need an AMA card to race a PAMX race, which is different than in the past where you needed an AMA card to race any event at High Point, Steel City, Pleasure Valley, etc. For local racers, that is a bonus. And for the promoters like Jeff Cernic and Racer Productions...... I don't think they are locked into AMA racing insurance that they used to have in the past.

Georgie, you can't read the writing on the wall very well can you? The AMA is doing very little for the MX Racing community and the promoters of MX racing. When D-5 who is run by the Coombs (who are also the head of the NPG, Run all of Loretta Lynn's through MX Sports, Run the entire GNCC Series by themselves for the AMA, and promote 2 of the 12 Nationals on the Pro Circuit) aren't having AMA races at their local races..... it's PAMX there now and you don't need an AMA card. The AMA is on it's way out...... why have them force their rules and insurance down your throat when it's more expensive and not as good as the insurance the the promoters can get outside of the AMA? Many of the largest riding states in the country don't have AMA now and most of the racers only join to be able to race Loretta Lynn's at this point.

The AMA has lost touch with the motocross scene long ago. They lost SX to FIM and Clear Channel in a promotion rights war. They lost the MX series to the NPG and TV rights when the track owners saw that they were going to take all the money with no work on their part, and they've lost the amateur racing scene in most places around the country already..... Look at Ohio, CRA rules the north, and D-11 has been a mess for the last few years. Our best track is an outlaw track run by a Quad racer who will most likely have the largest race in Ohio this year that is un sanctioned.......

Does it make any more sense to you now???

If I were only 35. I'll learn alot these next 10 years, possibly will be able to read mandarin Chinese on walls that your so good at.

Look at Ohio, CRA rules the north, and D-11 has been a mess for the last few years. Our best track is an outlaw track run by a Quad racer who will most likely have the largest race in Ohio this year that is un sanctioned.......

Does it make any more sense to you now???

Not sure how too take that comment, so will respond with a simple Thank You.

BTW, I think there are some guys eyeing your spot as the words longest poster. I cant read half the OIR thread, those guys must have downed entire twelve of mountain dew to compose some of those posts.

I personnally believe that the AMA is very important to all of us and motorcycling. Wether or not they actually sanction races or not, we all should belong. They do much more for the sport than any of the promoters are doing. I also believe that the Coombs family, and davey himself has some how gotten WAY too much control of US MX. But just my opinion.

Jeremy,

The guy in Ohio doing the most for 2 wheeled MX is a Quad Racer...... that was what the comment meant. But if you are thinking gay thoughts, I'm not sure where that is coming from?

That is compliment to you and the way you have grown your track over the years to it's current state. You have the buzz of all of Ohio and your approach to throwing a race will be a welcome addition to the lack of "good" racing that Ohio currently has. You're doing it without the AMA or CRA and doing it your own way and I'm sure that if you had tried to use the AMA they would have added cost and not added value to your event. You are taking care of your customers, the MX riders of 2 and 4 wheeled variety, by giving them what they actually want........ so Thank You!!!! Don't thank me.....

The AMA and their fight for our rights as motorcyclists is another whole topic that was discussed here on another topic. They do work for all of us and our rights within the government as it pertains to laws in the USA, which is a much needed job that somebody needs to do. But as a group that was the promoter and sanctioned of the MX racing world not that long ago......... they lost their way miserably and then gave it up to other people. Now they have no way to turn the ship around in that respect.

The Coombs acted as smart business people over the past years to take control of a large portion of the off road riding market. And they have been doing pretty well with it, even if you don't like the way they do business. GNCC racing has been strong, MXsports / Loretta Lynns is going stronger than ever even in a down economy, and the 12 race outdoor series is still doing quite well despite the hardship of finding sponsorship in this economic era when SX is the big money earner for our sport. Why fault smart business people who looked out for their own interests when the AMA was faltering and threatening to take it over and run it poorly?

Not sure how too take that comment, so will respond with a simple Thank You.

BTW, I think there are some guys eyeing your spot as the words longest poster. I cant read half the OIR thread, those guys must have downed entire twelve of mountain dew to compose some of those posts.

Very good! LMAO. :cool:

I was scratching my head at the guy that smoked the class in 450C and 250C at OIR last weekend. He was tripling the big jumps and finished off his last lap with a heal clicker. Seriously? Seems like someone with that sort of talent should be in B class for sure, and C class should be reserved for the true beginners and novice riders.

The AMA and their fight for our rights as motorcyclists is another whole topic that was discussed here on another topic. They do work for all of us and our rights within the government as it pertains to laws in the USA, which is a much needed job that somebody needs to do. But as a group that was the promoter and sanctioned of the MX racing world not that long ago......... they lost their way miserably and then gave it up to other people. Now they have no way to turn the ship around in that respect.

The Coombs acted as smart business people over the past years to take control of a large portion of the off road riding market. And they have been doing pretty well with it, even if you don't like the way they do business. GNCC racing has been strong, MXsports / Loretta Lynns is going stronger than ever even in a down economy, and the 12 race outdoor series is still doing quite well despite the hardship of finding sponsorship in this economic era when SX is the big money earner for our sport. Why fault smart business people who looked out for their own interests when the AMA was faltering and threatening to take it over and run it poorly?

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Someone who knows what he's talking about and is paying attention. The AMA is good for all of us riders - street and trail, for keeping the feds in check. Kinda like the NRA does for gun nuts. The AMA is first in the fight against land closures and radicals trying to exclude us bikers from OUR public land. But as for racing, I have said for years, if I were not REQUIRED to have an AMA membership just to race, I would not. - Then again, I gave up street riding years ago. I'm so tired of the AMA sending me free road service info - it's been clear for a long time that they do not check what membership rides - trails, street, race, etc.
Also clear that the AMA Congress - held each spring, does little to effect good change for the membership. You can all read the minutes from this years AMA Congress meetings on the AMA website and I encourage you to do so. There you can clearly see whom is trying to make changes and who is not. You'll be surprized.

As to the MXSports points, well those that know me, know that I have a very pointed view of them for what they have done to us racers over the past years. You guys that go ride AM days during National weekends know what I mean. Those that deal with LLA's know what I mean - Lord knows it's been rehashed over and over here and other sites. For any promoter to tell the racers that there will be no change "because that's how we have done it for years" , proves that there is no "voice of reason" in THAT organization and it's just old farts unwilling to evolve.

The C class should be for development only. Once you have raced it 10 times you should be moved up to the B class. If everyone hates that idea, make it a non-points paying class. That would help stop the sandbaggin.

Non points paying for sure. And no C class at Lorettas. It is an amatuer national.....not a national for what is supposed to be a beginner class. I say no PW class either anymore.

I still think he should beat you up....

Now now sharky. Im not gonna beat anyone up, now use me for a berm and we'll talk. It takes four times the man to ride 4 wheels anyway. No mommas boy here.

I too think its a matter of time before the AMA becomes like an optional membership. I think its a good idea, but it shouldnt be mandatory.

In terms of the Coombs having too much control. I dont know, they do a heck of alot for the sport. I know the TV covergae sucks, and there are some other negatives, but look at where it is now. Could you imagine if a group of local hill jacks were running it? Like real hill jacks, not the Coombs. Take the good with the bad, ya its not the perfect ideal solution, but I think its the best that can be done for now.

Back