What the hell is wrong with mxsports and ama?

If there were a rule implemented for LL's for the "C" class it may clean it up a bit, the way all around.

Maybe something like you may only qualify in the "C" class if you have raced "C" for 2 years or less (ANYWHERE)...

OR better yet as somne mentioned. have two "B" classes at LL's. A regular "B" class that anyone in the B class may ride, and "B-2" class for racers just coming out of "C" or that have not raced in "B" for no more than 2 years total and just eliminate "C" all together. This would encourage competitive racers to move up to "B" without the worry of being noncompetitive.

TAKE THAT TO THE AMA!!! HAH!

There are all kinda good ideas out there but it dosent look like the AMA or anyone else is going to change it soon. Heck you can race B and then drop back down to C as long as you get whooped in B. And people do send in letters asking Kip to be dropped back to C and they will allow it. In the CRA 99% of all riders go 50's 65's 85's supper then C. B really aint any diff my son is 15 and he raced a 250B guy at summit that was 27 years old and this guy was telling him how the last time he raced in ohio was in 1998 lol. I have seen guys racing B for over 5 years and placing at the top day in and day out. Only way to fix the C problem is make a non points D class for the true beg.

I cant believe people even want to be in C class let alone argue to stay in it. Isnt it priority number 1 in racing to get faster and advance? Thats just not happenin staying in begginer class. Hey check it out doods im the best of the worst!

Hahaha...Meister was 6 foot and 200 at 14 busting heal clickers off huge doubles at millers the first time I seen him rides! I think it was yamaha's 125-250

Dude.. You callin me fat? 200 was a compliment for that era in my life lol.. Speaking of 200, now I would REALLY appreciate it if promoters would create a +200 class! That my friend, would be bad ass! lol

I race C class in the CRA, I have for years. Last year I only raced a couple times. I think I got 4th or 5th at both events. The year before I raced B class a couple times. The races I went to would have only a handful of guys in B class and it was just kind of follow the leader around the track. I noticed the C class had full gates so I started racing C class again so I would have someone to compete with. C class has beginners to people who should be in the running to win the B class, that being said I still don't win but it is more fun for me because there almost always someone if not a couple people to compete with. I am 30 years old and my skills capped in 08 and 09 racing B in Hawaii, since then I started slowing down because I wanted to run the fastest pace I can (somewhat) safely. C class is more fun, I have no intentions on riding any faster so I will probably be a career C racer (maybe try vet stuff now and see how that works). People call me a sand-bagger because I hit all the jumps and have somewhat decent style. But so can everyone in the top 10 and I rarely walk away with a trophy. I really don't think that's fair.

Streaks 383 { The races I went to would have only a handful of guys in B class and it was just kind of follow the leader around the track. I noticed the C class had full gates so I started racing C class again so I would have someone to compete with. C class has beginners to people who }

Well now you know why there is no one in the B class. Every body is doing what you are. LOL

Streaks 383 { The races I went to would have only a handful of guys in B class and it was just kind of follow the leader around the track. I noticed the C class had full gates so I started racing C class again so I would have someone to compete with. C class has beginners to people who }

Well now you know why there is no one in the B class. Every body is doing what you are. LOL

You are probably absolutely correct. If I ever do see a good size gate in B class i would race it (maybe have to make a alternate identity so I can race C when B is light and race B when it has some folks. Maybe Harvey Mushman, worked for Steve McQueen.

I agree with most of the things stated above but the problem is almost impossible to fix. Even if your a so called "sandbagger" in the C class move up to the B class at any event other then a small CRA race and your going to be running mid to back pack.

Hell with the C class to many fast riders in it. Only way to even try to tame it down is to make it a non jumping class make them roll everything and see who moves on to B. I have seen C riders throw down some crazy whips over some big jumps.

I chuckled a bit reading this thread . Don't think for a minute that sandbagging ends with age or maturity . I now ride only AHRMA vintage events . When you start out in AHRMA you must ride the middle , Intermediate , division but due to physical limitations ( and little to no skill ) I had myself evaluated and dropped back to Novice . The class was loaded with muli-class , multi-year national champions . One guy had won national championships in 2 to 4 classes as a Novice....for 8 straight years ! These guys didn't get there by building points with mid-pack finishes ; they usually went 1-1 ( or 1-2 ,etc, ) in their motos . Of course when they lined up they destroyed the rest of us . When things got slow with the economy and classes shrunk , I got on the line with 6 other riders ; all of them were multi-class/year Novice champions . Last year I didn't get to race but followed the race results . Three of those Novice sandbagger/champions moved up to Intermediate ( or were bumped , don't know which ) and won national championships in that division with the same type of moto finishes . Don't get me wrong , I can take being beat fair and square and had a ton of fun at these races . As long as I had somebody to dice with I was happy . BUT , when a " ringer " gets on the gate with you it has a way of deflating hope . Not everybody can be first but we all would like to cross the gate knowing we at least have a shot at it . I got to know the guys that were winning the class at will . I was hoping they were all a$$h*les so it would be easy to not like them , but they actually were all good dudes ( as I've found most AHRMA participants to be ) . I guess the lure of an easy win/trophy/championship is too much to resist at any age and nobody seems to be policing the ranks .

AHRMA needs to get rid of the three class divisions of Expert, Intermediate, and Novice. They should compress those into two divisions, one just being the straight "class" designation and the second being a "sport" designation.

For example:
PV Ultima 250
PV Ultima 250 Sport
PV +40
PV +40 Sport

The straight class would be for all the aggressive racers like expert and intermediate, sport for more casual racers and novices. Easier to deal with, less classes, and bigger gates for racing.

Meister how bout a 250+ class? Lbs... i think the last 10 years i raced was 250+... lol

Georgie I guess technically i am a B rider, but never run the B class. Once i started running vet classes it made no sense. I will never attempt to do LL's so i am not the problem.

Seems the AMA will never control the "sandbagger" mentalitly. Too many variables to keep track of when there are so many sanctioning bodies out there.

Ive got a way to control it..... hows about lap times? I mean if your top 5 are running the same or fasterthan b they should be moved up or hows about instead if just top 5 if you ever qualify fir loretta lynns in c then you shouldnt be allowed to do it again in c. It seems to me this last year the ama made a lot of rule changes to b when they should be focusing on c first

I am NOT *****ing ... I mean I understand it to an extent. BUT this past weekend really opened my eyes to the fact that there reallu is no stipulation or rule that forces people to bump from c.

The AMA does have rules for advancement from C to B and from B to A. They post the list of these riders that have been advanced by their racing results on the AMA website. The problem lies more with other sanctioning bodies that do not have a clear advancement policy and never force riders to move up and these sanctioning bodies actually control the rider's racing in many parts of the country - Not the AMA.

So while the AMA is doing their part to move riders up and having rules in place, other people are not.

And Lap Times are not a true indicator of what skill level you should be running in. If you wanted timed racing, you should take up drag racing in the bracketed divisions. You get disqualified if you go faster than your division is allowed to go in the bracket.

Think of it this way, you are born with a certain amount of natural talent on a scale for your speed. With lots of work, practice, training, experience, bike set up, etc, you can increase your natural talent speed by a small amount. In the same way, injuries, poor shape, overweight, lack of experience, and intoxication can slow down your natural talent speed by a small amount too. But this represents the range of speed that you as a rider can have and looks like this on a scale:

SPEED RANGE
<-------------------------X-------Y------Z------------------------------------>

Another Rider
<---------------------------------X------Y------Z----------------------------->
Pro Rider
<-----------------------------------------------------------------X----Y----Z->

The X is your unexperienced / out of shape speed.
The Y is your average natural speed when you have enough experience to know how to ride and have everything working properly.
The Z is your peak speed attainable if you dedicate your life to motocross and train for it, eat correctly, practice all the time, and have plenty of money to spend on the bike that works best for you.

A pro rider has a much higher natural talent set / speed from the start, so if he starts riding at age 15 in the C class, he will be faster than guys that are training and everything with a lower natural speed who have been racing for years. Think Jeremy McGrath who started late after a long BMX career as a kid, he had incredible natural talent and won the C class when he started out because he was fast! Not because he sandbagged in California for 7 years before deciding to go to Loretta Lynns.

You do the best you can and race where you fit in based on the classes offered. Some riders will never advance past C level, some riders will never advance past B level, and some riders are lucky enough to have PRO speed naturally and will make a living doing what we all love to do for fun, just like any other sport. I can tell you that if I played football everyday for my whole life and trained non stop, I'd never be a NFL Lineman because I don't have the natural size / strength to compete with those that are.

Just have fun and enjoy racing against people that are your same speed no matter what they "call" it.

Yeah! Plus one on what Robin says. People are worried too much about what the class is "called". We all like to be the best in whatever class we race in, but motorsports has alot of variables that a sport like (wrestling for example) doesn't have. It's just our nature to want to win-- even when we don't have all our ducks in a row to do so.

I'd recommend what I've said 10 times on here in the past. At non sanctioned events-- race by lap times rather than age/bike classes. --L*64

Unfortunately Its in the B class also, but not near as bad. I remember lots of time watching the B class, and the leader pulls off on the white flag. So no points for that race. LOL

Robin said it best, that chart was golden. Another point we should think about is perception. Many C riders feel that anyone who beats them is a sand bagger.

Back