What the hell is wrong with mxsports and ama?

Thats right, the Coombs are not "hill jacks", aren't they from WV, that makes them mountaineers..........

NO disrespect Don.........I have some great friends from WV. But.....I do not think that Davey Coombs is the save all for American Motocross. He has done some good things, but way too much control in my opinion, and there are some things I have personnally seen and dealt with Davey on at races, that we not real professional in how Davey handled them.

Jeremy,

The guy in Ohio doing the most for 2 wheeled MX is a Quad Racer...... that was what the comment meant. But if you are thinking gay thoughts, I'm not sure where that is coming from?

That is compliment to you and the way you have grown your track over the years to it's current state. You have the buzz of all of Ohio and your approach to throwing a race will be a welcome addition to the lack of "good" racing that Ohio currently has. You're doing it without the AMA or CRA and doing it your own way and I'm sure that if you had tried to use the AMA they would have added cost and not added value to your event. You are taking care of your customers, the MX riders of 2 and 4 wheeled variety, by giving them what they actually want........ so Thank You!!!! Don't thank me.....

Come on this guys head is big enough already!! Briarcliff sucks!!:D We can't keep telling him how good it is all the time or hes going to quit making it more awesome.. lol.

NO disrespect Don.........I have some great friends from WV. But.....I do not think that Davey Coombs is the save all for American Motocross. He has done some good things, but way too much control in my opinion, and there are some things I have personnally seen and dealt with Davey on at races, that we not real professional in how Davey handled them.

After seeing how they treat people who were handing them $200 going thru sign-up at HighPoint last month for the Quad National, I have no respect for the Coombs at all.

I've known Davey personally since '80. I liked his dad! We got along great. Timmy was always nice to me, but we never talked that much as we were in the same class alot. His sister and mom were always nice to me. But Davey and I never got along that great. It really came to a head in '83 when I was at Steel City and he was taking pictures. I came around a turn and really got on it with my Maico, and I didn't notice him on the outside of the turn taking pictures. I guess I really roosted him bad. After practice was over he was at my pits and wanted to fight, and my dad and his dad had to hold him back. He was yelling and screaming, calling me everything but a white guy. I really didn't see him but he didn't care. Ever since then it went down hill. I still got along with the rest of his family O.K. up until I left the area in '88, but then again we were racing twice aweek at his tracks and I usually had two or three other racers with us when we went.

Back