Quads

Haha Really? The only thing that COULD make sense in that post is that FOUR BY FOUR quads are more for hunting and blasting through mud. (not saying that I havent pulled a deer out with a 450 with 4 wheels lol)

This post is really full of more ignorance, or I should say closed mindedness than some of the previous pissin matches we've witnessed lol (not just the quoted post)..

Ive ridden bikes for a long time. Coming from a bike rider, try riding a RACE quad (not your 400ex) on a motocross track. Talk about kicking your ass wayyyy more than on a bike! Worst part was, my laps times at a track without huge jumps were faster on an LTR than on my bike!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nope it makes perfect sense. Quads are bigger and heavier which causes the dirt to be compressed so hard pack that it is like riding on ice. It's pretty much common sense in a nutshell. If you also do not think quads are more dangerous then bikes, then lol.

Pit, didnt you try a quad forum in the past? I think everyone just needs to get along lol.. Were all ridin in the dirt for the same reasons..

The quads sliding through corners is what kills the corners for bikes. Not so much the weight.

You are semi right about the danger though. I can throw my bike away (although I have been pummeled by my bike before) in most cases where as with a quad, that bastards comin after you!

In a race type environment, ive had more friends get hurt on bikes. I have had friends pay the ultimate payment on both though. I know of more people who get hurt that use quads for woods/play/hill climbin that go out and get jacked up because they werent wearing all their gear..

Nope it makes perfect sense. Quads are bigger and heavier which causes the dirt to be compressed so hard pack that it is like riding on ice. It's pretty much common sense in a nutshell. If you also do not think quads are more dangerous then bikes, then lol.

Actually when it comes down to weight and compaction you are totally wrong my wonderfully educated meat bag friend. The psi placed on the dirt by a 240lb bike with 2 skinny tires is FAR less than a 375lb quad with 4 fat tires. Hence the reason quads dont make ruts like a bike and polish off the track. They do make it slick but not because they compact the dirt ...... Also why if you were to ride at a track like the Cliff you would see that quads can ride in perfect harmony on a extremely well prepped track.

I ride anything with a motor and wheels, 2,3, and 4, and all have their merits, and all are fun on a track. Its a shame that there are purists who would like to push half the participants out of a sport we are all supposedly trying to promote. When the EPA, the Sierra Club, or the CPSC push stupid restrictions, we all carry the same bullseye on us. I can understand that bikers don't like to run a track after quads, and most quad racers accept that there are a lot more opportunities for bikes than quads because of this. These problems can be worked out an addressed if people would put half as much effort into coming up with solutions as they put into simply hating people for what they choose to ride.

They dont belong on motocross tracks.Period.

Haha.. Thats like saying our president is awesome! Just an ignorant statement! Dont go to that level 33! mx FREEDOM is your user name for cryin out loud! lol

On a quad, ruts scare the hell outa me! So do off camber jumps! haha..

Actually when it comes down to weight and compaction you are totally wrong my wonderfully educated meat bag friend. The psi placed on the dirt by a 240lb bike with 2 skinny tires is FAR less than a 375lb quad with 4 fat tires. Hence the reason quads dont make ruts like a bike and polish off the track. They do make it slick but not because they compact the dirt ...... Also why if you were to ride at a track like the Cliff you would see that quads can ride in perfect harmony on a extremely well prepped track.

Wow dude. Wow. You just proved my point by saying it does make it slick. It is due to weight. You can full what ever out of your ass that you want, but they dont belong on a track with bikes. Once again, it makes it more dangerous for bikes.

I like how everyone laughs at others who dog on quads, but when i say something the slightest bit negative you act like ive molested a child or something. calm down. quads dont suck, they just make it more dangerous for bikes. ill say it all day and you can hate all you want

Hershey, sadly is right. I hated quads. Thought there was no way to ride on the same track with them without destroying the track. Then I went to BC and saw the perfect harmony.

Not sure if it's really the dirt..BC is lucky maybe? Or it just proves he knows one more thing than the average promoter regarding track prep...... Food for thought.

Seriously everybody..Rick barnes runs #615 too, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT take him out! He is good dude, not the same guy on here.

2 wheels, 4 wheels, who cares. Isn't the ability to overcome and adapt to different terrain conditions a large part of riding a dirtbike? Whether a track is rutted up or has the ruts blown off by the quads you'll be fine, atleast you have a place to ride right? This not allowing quads on the same track as a dirtbike is kind of like gun control. The anti gun people dont like guns so they should all be outlawed, criminals and law abiding citizens alike should give up their guns. All you end up with is a bunch of fighting and no winner. Come on, just get out, ride, and be happy or buy your own track and post all the no quad signs you like.

2 wheels, 4 wheels, who cares. Isn't the ability to overcome and adapt to different terrain conditions a large part of riding a dirtbike? Whether a track is rutted up or has the ruts blown off by the quads you'll be fine, atleast you have a place to ride right? Come on, just get out, ride, and be happy or buy your own track and post all the no quad signs you like.

Right! Furthermore, KEEP YOUR GUNS! haha

Im just looking for a close place to ride my quad lol, all the near by tracks are closed for the summer and the rest dont allow quads. To all the haters out there I DARE yall to come ride these streets.For hours at a time at that. Its commom sense that it is illegal to ride on the streets but where else can we go? thats where i test and tune lol

Im just looking for a close place to ride my quad lol, all the near by tracks are closed for the summer and the rest dont allow quads. To all the haters out there I DARE yall to come ride these streets.For hours at a time at that. Its commom sense that it is illegal to ride on the streets but where else can we go? thats where i test and tune lol

At least he is keeping off the track! But seriously ride where you want just don't put any innocent persons in harms way, that all. As far as hating quads, I don't hate, I bought one for the fiancee after a negative experience with her RM-125. But I do not like riding in the same place at the same time, I like to be separated either by time or location. On tracks I don't care so much, pack it down, I am good at hard pack anyways. But on trail systems which are not one way loops I am terrified of quads, they are big, heavy and there riders are unpredictable.

At least he is keeping off the track!

What i dont get is why all tracks dont let quads run last.some schedules say bikes only.Like streaks said "ride where you want" and I do because i know what I am capable of doin on the streets. Im just sayin that most of these people that hate quads would be clueless out here, even the people with quads. Its a lifestyle that i had to adapt and overcome. Its just time to grow up and take it off road now. Its just as challenging if not more to ride in a enviornment such as where i ride

Back