Quads

Last post will only gives everyone a bad image of you & what you are on.

In general bike & quads don’t mix well on the track or sharing an event as they are obviously two totally different vehicles.

Bikes like berms & quads flat track corners so both will complain the other is screwing up the track for them.

OIR with the Hand's was so great for the bikes as the corners always had multiple lines the quads would have blown off.

Take 10 or 15 moto's deep & the bike will leave ruts & berms the quad riders despise and can't blame them for that.

Have seen split programs where the track was groomed for bikes or quads which seemed to work quite well also.

Been to open practice years ago at Spring Valley with bikes & quads on the track at the same time that was comfortable as
everyone was looking out & respecting each other often cutting the track so no steam rolling or jumping over someone was going on.
I even let my daughter out on her 65 as the quads & bikes would slow down when passing her not acting like they were wanting to take
someone out which is the secret to open practice anyway but it takes the right mind set.

It sounds like the Cliff found a way to make it work well & maybe he could share his secrets with other track promoters
as most certainly these days they could use all the revenue they can get.

PREDATORorPREY;47604.Like streaks said "ride where you want" and I do because i know what I am capable of doin on the streets. [/QUOTE said:
You're capable of what on the streets ? Riding your 4x4 quad in a stand up wheelie position? Is this guy joking ?
This is by far the funniest thread ever
stay of the streets if you ride a quad with knobbies Or a quad period

Quad XC racing is popular in this area. Like OIR said, there are too little guys out there to make it work while. I would have to say 75% of my MX quad friends have switched to bikes over past 3 years because of the location friendliness.

You're capable of what on the streets ? Riding your 4x4 quad in a stand up wheelie position? Is this guy joking ?
This is by far the funniest thread ever
stay of the streets if you ride a quad with knobbies Or a quad period
before you start talking sh!t bro you should know that all quads arent 4x4, I can wheelie sittin down in any gear. you would be the one pulled over when the cops show up. perfect example.

yz125 could you give me some more info on wfo

It sounds like the Cliff found a way to make it work well & maybe he could share his secrets with other track promoters
as most certainly these days they could use all the revenue they can get.

Not much of a secret, super wide corners gets it done. You can still have nine lines, and a quad line or two. Not everyone wants to ride freaked out rutty tracks. So i think its good to have both. Most of the hardcores rail the insides where the ruts are super deep, the middle of the road bikes guys stay toward the outsides where the quads have been. Its like we have two tracks right on top of each other. Early on you can ride wherever you want, but once we get close to 1 pm, then it develops into quads go outside, bikes go inside. No secrets here, just follow the equation> chisel Plow deep + 4,000 gallon mack = fun for everyone.

before you start talking sh!t bro

Oh you're a Bro, makes total sense. Columbus is just as bad if you are on a bike or a quad, if you go to Ohio Off-Roads map of places to ride in Ohio there is stuff everywhere except nothing around Columbus. Closest place is the Cliff, (which is awesome) but it is still a pricey endeavor 60 on gas for the truck 20 for the bike, 25 to ride, fast food on the way home 5 to 7, so with no other externalities, 110 bucks for the day, do that once a week and you are over 1700 dollars just to ride for 4 months not even counting the other costs of the sport like equipment and maintaining said equipment. I guess the bottom line is close places to ride that are free are few and far between. The sport isn't a cheap one (quads or bikes) and unfortunately just because you love doing it does not mean it is for you. I am in a boat where it is hard to do, broke college student and all. I go to school on the GI bill and have a part time job which gets me by on raumen noodles. I just joined the national guard and am moving to a horse ranch to be the caretaker to save rent money all so I will have enough cash to ride this year. On a side note do you know how hard it is to have trails and a half mile flat track in your back yard you can't put the knobbies to. Rant over, take away I feel your pain and this is expensive.

I agree that Briarcliff's biggest positive to making both bikes and quads happy is the super wide corners. Most tracks have corners that are less wide than the straights and no matter what you are riding........... everyone goes to the same place. Quads and bikes both hate this as bikes will complain the track is one lined and have no where to pass, while quads at more than double the width of a bike have even a bigger issue of the same no passing problem. Making the corners super wide allows the bikes to make ruts / berms on the inside and quads to blow off the dirt on the outside and keep both happy. And don't fool yourself, there are plenty of bikes taking the quad line at Briarcliff who like to avoid the ruts too.

All in all, I've never been to a track that has such wide turns as the Briarcliff A/B Track from inside to outside of the track. That's the real secret!

before you start talking sh!t bro you should know that all quads arent 4x4, I can wheelie sittin down in any gear. you would be the one pulled over when the cops show up. perfect example.

yz125 could you give me some more info on wfo

Im not going to call you a bro cuz thr I no such thing as a #bro 4x4 rider
again you have to be joking
and what the hell is a predator 500 ??
And pulled over for what ? ????????
Maybe speedinG in my van to a mx track that doesn't allow goons like you to ride .
just sayin

Im just looking for a close place to ride my quad lol, all the near by tracks are closed for the summer and the rest dont allow quads. To all the haters out there I DARE yall to come ride these streets.For hours at a time at that. Its commom sense that it is illegal to ride on the streets but where else can we go? thats where i test and tune lol

Thanks for making the public hate off road vehicles all the more. And make sure you don't wear a helmet those ain't cool mang. Nobody can see your head swag rag cap then, mind you telephone poles are only 75 feet apart.

Why not get a crotch rocket and get plates for it. Then you can illegally ride all you want when there aren't cops around and when there are you won't get harassed because you're on a registered vehicle...

I`ll limit my "sticking up for quads" to motocross tracks, gncc, and hunting utility vehicles. lol

Not much of a secret, super wide corners gets it done. You can still have nine lines, and a quad line or two. Not everyone wants to ride freaked out rutty tracks. So i think its good to have both. Most of the hardcores rail the insides where the ruts are super deep, the middle of the road bikes guys stay toward the outsides where the quads have been. Its like we have two tracks right on top of each other. Early on you can ride wherever you want, but once we get close to 1 pm, then it develops into quads go outside, bikes go inside. No secrets here, just follow the equation> chisel Plow deep + 4,000 gallon mack = fun for everyone.

Yeah you hit that one as it takes GOOD TRACK DESIGN plus PREP to keep everyone happy as most bike riders like the deep lined corner!

Build it right, everyone will show up & be happy (ok, 2/3rd's will).

Wish I was there but 3 herniated disk in my neck from getting rear ended 5 weeks ago so no riding for quite a while.
May have to find an old Lawn Boy & let it sit there running so I can get my fill of pre-mix fumes....anyone make a pipe for them?

Not much of a secret, super wide corners gets it done. You can still have nine lines, and a quad line or two. Not everyone wants to ride freaked out rutty tracks.

That is a really good point. One of the things I like about riding BC is that on a bike you can hammer around the track jamming through all the inside ruts for a bit, and then also just chil out and ride relaxed,, shift up a gear and take the outside lines that the quads smoothed out.

This thread is classic!

You dirt riders don't have no idea how many skillz it takes to ride the streets! It's like growing up at the country club versus the ghetto. Gangsta fo life!

Thanks for making the public hate off road vehicles all the more. And make sure you don't wear a helmet those ain't cool mang. Nobody can see your head swag rag cap then, mind you telephone poles are only 75 feet apart.

Why not get a crotch rocket and get plates for it. Then you can illegally ride all you want when there aren't cops around and when there are you won't get harassed because you're on a registered vehicle...

I had the same reaction. I felt bad for the guy at first, but if this is his idea of how to represent quad riders to the public, I don't think I want him on a quad track either.

This thread does have a lot of good thoughful posts, in spite of the few useless hateful ones, though. I would hope that even bikers would like to see track owners do better financially, and if there are ways for them to get quad money without degrading it for the bikers, its a pretty constructive discussion.

Back