OMA-District X

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Hey JO. Did you buy Pitracer.com?

I noticed In your "Thank you post" thanking everyone, that Pitracer.com was not on there.

No one else is allowed to sell in the general forums.
Memberships, t shirts, hoodies.

Good call DD, you are definitely right. A super huge Thanks to John Kreps and pitracer.com

Too much stuffed into my noggin, sorry John. And no I didnt buy it.

hershey

PR Elite
I figured it out.... its geared more towards the south west guys. It is definitely the funnest track ever..

Monster mountain!!!!

MalvernMX

Actually I'm not far from monster mountain now. A couple hours. Well Jeremy looks like Dave figured it out. I am down here doing some scouting. That Sunday night drive home from Alabama after the races is going to be rough though. Probally won't work, like J.O. Said its a long shot.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Has to be an indoor place. BC has been wanting an indoor and talking about on on here for a few months now. Im going to say that he is wanting to get his hands on one of the northeast indoor tracks. Why would he want another venue down south, BC brings in alot of riders, no reason to try and push them to another location close by. But, then again. That is just a guess. Only time will tell. BC doesnt keep things hidden from us for long.

If it is another outdoor venue, Im praying for Spring Valley. That track was the ultimate layout, just didnt have the resources to grow the venue to what it could have been.

MalvernMX

Ok, I can't let Jeremy give all the clues here. The gentleman I am speaking to about this track has a freestyle background. For the record NONE of this has ANYTHING to do with Trevor or TV land.

pasimp57

PR Addict
Ok, I can't let Jeremy give all the clues here. The gentleman I am speaking to about this track has a freestyle background. For the record NONE of this has ANYTHING to do with Trevor or TV land.

Mad Mike is out, so it has to be Travis' track. Awesome! That's a coup. Hope fat Tommy will be around. :)

MX315

PR Addict
Your at the metal mulisha. Compound.....JO and Jason..No F-ing way,Your having a freestyle competition next year also.....Damn what's next on the list...Hillclimbs? Go cart tracks...slip n slides.....Calender Shoot?

John250

PR Founding Father
Your at the metal mulisha. Compound.....JO and Jason..No F-ing way,Your having a freestyle competition next year also.....Damn what's next on the list...Hillclimbs? Go cart tracks...slip n slides.....Calender Shoot?

Not trying to bring them down.......but stick to the races the first year and make them a success!

Double D

PR Founding Father
Not trying to bring them down.......but stick to the races the first year and make them a success!

I agree, what happend to doing 3 awsome weekend events?
(Battle of ohio was great)

New tracks, new district/org. go for it.( I hope you take over the AMA)
That is a lot of battles on many fronts.
I feel like we are going to lose a great practice track and gain a new CRA.

Michael

PR Addict
it does seem that the original ideals of the OMA have drifted towards a more CRA type ideal.....

I would agree, but I believe there's a reason behind it. My thoughts are that they don't want to try something to extreme the first year. They want to keep it similar to what people are used to, to draw them in at first. Then, changes can be made once they get the people they're looking for.

Double D

PR Founding Father
I dont think we are losing a great practice track but it does seem that the original ideals of the OMA have drifted towards a more CRA type ideal.....

25 classes? a million events. It will be 14 hour day for 3 laps..
Thats what we all want to avoid.

Double D

PR Founding Father
I call for a "Black CR" class. Any displacement. No jerseys/gloves/goggles allowed. Aka "GLADIATOR" class. It would get full gates at OMA Ultra-Super Faircross!!!

And you have to run the "Gauntlet" much like the joker lane but everyone gets to throw eggs and spray you with pressure washers as you go by!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
The "wish list" to reality posts were exactly that, a reality check here on Pitracer. OMA is planning on doing very similar things to what is being done now across the country, but just doing them better with hopefully a better result. Very similar class list, very similar # of races, very similar series groupings, very similar end of year banquet, very similar membership fee, very similar t shirt size with sign up, very similar everything........ but it will be better? Yes Why? Because they said so and their reputations are on the line.

Of course, there are some people out there (going back to the original "What if you could start over new?" thread by JO that reached 23 pages of ideas for what people wanted) that were excited about a MX Revolution that was going to be "different" and something that everyone would be excited about. A couple of BIG MUST ATTEND EVENTS were on the front of everyone's mind after the success of the "Battle for Ohio". After going through the whole process of weeding out ideas that won't work, looking at what will bring in money to make things run, the "NEW" end product ended up very similar to the way things have always been done just now it's called OMA and District X. I hope they (OMA and District X) do well and bring back quality racing to our region to develop more talented riders from Ohio, but am disappointed in the lack of change from the way things have always been to the "all new let's start over with a clean slate" version of the very similar thing all over again with new players at the helm. When Tim from Scenic, Mike from Dirtworld, BJ from Beans, SVR's club, Western Reserve's Club, got together to resurrect D12 it was very similar to what I'm seeing and reading about with OMA. D12 gave better tracks and prep than CRA was at the time (in my opinion) and similar format to what had been going on for years and those guys petered out too after pouring their heart and soul into their operations. I was actually hoping for a revolutionary product here with some gutsy guys changing the guard and the way things are done, something to get REALLY excited about. This is only moderately interesting in the scale of racing options in my mind and won't replace Loretta Lynn's Qualifiers, Regionals, and Loretta Lynn's, along with Red Bud Vet Fest and possibly a World Vet Championship at Glen Helen on my calendar for 2013. I was hoping for a "Baja Brawl" type event, a Mammoth East type GP event, a Battle of Ohio event, a Can-AM race of multiple disciplines event, and something else new an innovative to spark my interest in racing right here by home over the course of the year......... not 30 regular races with 5am wake up and 9pm return home time to pick and choose from.

That's my take on this whole new venture that looks like D12 re-invented to me.