OMA-District X

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Let’s just wait and see what it’s all about before drawing too many conclusions.

I'm waiting and will be seeing how it goes and hope that it goes well enough to make some more of the "must attend" events a reality in 2014. I understand that there needs to be a starting point somewhere and JO started with a one off event last year that was pretty well received and attended. I was hoping for more of that in my mind when he was starting a new organization.

The question arises in my mind, how are they going to pull off special events when they have the weekly grind of preparing for all of the normal ones each and every weekend throughout the year?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I agree, what happend to doing 3 awsome weekend events?
(Battle of ohio was great)

RELAX people!

We are trying to cover alot of the various groups here, trying to pull the community together. Everyone can compete in OMA on there own various comfort levels, and we are not shutting down practice tracks. For those wanting a short "must attend" meaningful series, and your're a "I'm only racing 3 races and thats it!" kinda guy, then the Battle for Ohio series is for you. For those wanting a little more than that, you can add in the Moto Revolution (spring) series, 7 races, or the Hot Summer Nights Series, 6 races. If your a full blown points chaser run them all. Again nobody is forcing you to do anything. We are taking your 15 best finishes for end of the year awards, so run them how you want. I think this is a fair compromise amongst everyone. But you dont have to chase the end of the year points, we will have plenty of swag and awards for all of the series, so dont feel left out.

There will only be 1 race per weekend, with practice on saturday. AND all the other tracks can run practice as they wish. So, whats the big deal?

Double D

PR Founding Father
Magic Dust.

You poured your soul into that Battle of Ohio and it showed.
Turned out awsome.
Can you pull that off week after week?
Look, Im just writing what everyone is e mailing, and saying but not inputing into this thread.
Some of the very same poeple fueling the flame on here blowing smoke up your....well you know.

I will be there for practice when I can and any events for sure.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Magic Dust.

Did Rupert X replace his old VCR Tape storage location with Magic Dust holders??? I think I might have seen a magic dust storage container in his Podium Speech video!

I hope you guys do well and this all works out. And of course everyone can race as much or as little as they want, but as a promoter, you want as much bang for your incoming dollar as you can get, where following the old norm didn't seem to be cutting it in the past. I was just hoping for a little more revolutionary ideas when this idea was hatching on Pitracer.com with asking what people really want if they could start from scratch.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
You poured your soul into that Battle of Ohio and it showed.
Turned out awsome.
Can you pull that off week after week?
Look, Im just writing what everyone is e mailing, and saying but not inputing into this thread.
Some of the very same poeple fueling the flame on here blowing smoke up your....well you know.

I will be there for practice when I can and any events for sure.

I think there is a huge misconception here, for one, Im not running races every week. Here's another cat for ya, BC is having two mx's and a GP next year, and the normal practices, except for when im going racing.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Did Rupert X replace his old VCR Tape storage location with Magic Dust holders??? I think I might have seen a magic dust storage container in his Podium Speech video!

I hope you guys do well and this all works out. And of course everyone can race as much or as little as they want, but as a promoter, you want as much bang for your incoming dollar as you can get, where following the old norm didn't seem to be cutting it in the past. I was just hoping for a little more revolutionary ideas when this idea was hatching on Pitracer.com with asking what people really want if they could start from scratch.

Its cool to brainstorm and dream things up, but sometimes when reality hits and its trully decision time, I tend to trust my gut, and not just what people tell me. I think we will make great changes over the long haul, but to simply try something completely left of center right out of the chute is crazy. Isnt having a sanctioning body that limits events to one race per weekend revolutionary? What other Ohio org has done that?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Wasn't "Battle of Ohio" with no sanctioning body, no pre qualifying series, putting Peewees on the Big Track for the first time ever, Acerbis track markers, electrical shocks below the towers, and having Podium girls and an announcer with a broken foot for a local race doing something completely left of center right of the chute?

That's what made it so good, it was so different and exciting. Look at the big events everyone posts about on Pitracer.com that they attend, they are all left of center for a one off special race that have a following people love! Loretta Lynns, Red Bud Vet Fest, Area 51 Can - AM challenge, Baja Brawl, Mammoth East GP, Battle of Ohio, Red Bud Grass Race / XR 80 Championship etc..... different than the norm for all of those events have cult like followings of lots of riders.

Double D

PR Founding Father
You are the OMA. You will be dealing with more BS and jerks like me everyday.
It is part of business. There is a ton of noise dealing with the little things that take away from what you do best.
Making a great track and getting poeple to your facility and leave spreading the word of a great track.

Best of luck! I hope I am wrong.
Almost everyone that has done great things was called crazy many times before being a hero.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
No sweat guys, i'd rather be dealing with you, than hearing no feedback. Just be aware that there are so many different groups of people out there, whether it be pro practicers, the bucket listers, the points chasers, LL dreamers, My kids gonna be ricky, bench racers etc...We are just trying to give everyone a little bit of what they want without strictly catering to one group. "Something for everyone" built BC, and it will build OMA.

hershey

PR Elite
How many races total are you having? IMO the best 15 races out of 30 is a big waste of time for most. The cra counts the best 35 out of 110 or so and I lost the 125B class one year by 1 point. I raced just over the 35 and was always in the top 3. I beat the winner the last 2 races of the year but he went to Malvern ( no offense meant here) on saturdays and I didnt. He had more races in than me and gained all the points because of the turnout and points schedule at that track. I raced sundays and didnt gain as many points for a win. IMO which counts for squat, you would be better off holding 15 races all year. More excitement because there is less chances to race these quality events.

I believe in your abilities to market, manage, build, post youtube videos and run a track. The accomplishments prove that for you. The hype drifted from small class structure and limited racing opportunities to something familiar that isnt working as well as it should. A rehashed CRA isnt the way to go for making Ohio racing THE place to race that was originally hyped. The hype drifted from small class structure and limited racing opportunities to something familiar that isnt working as well as it should. If the original idea was "what can we do in a dream world"( paraphrasing of course ) but now seems more like ...lets make what is familiar work better...., my big question is WHY? It was the far from normal that drew everyone to the idea of OMA. Why stray from that? I just dont buy the " not scaring people off " when being different was the original intention.

Regardless I am in the game. And I believe it will be better than anything else in Ohio without a doubt!!! Hell I was the 3rd person to get a membership. I will drag as many people as possible to the races with me and do my best to market the OMA.

Damn it, this thing is as long as an edited version of a Rocket post....sorry! well not really

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
You dont have to race 30, 15, 10, 5. What makes a difference if we have 500 races or 3 races? People will still get to race the amount of races they want. I have a revolutionary idea, why dont we sh1t can the points all together.

I dont quite follow why we cant have a mix of "Must Attend" series events, and regular everyday races for people that want both?

Strouble

PR Addict
Revolutionary Start = OMA-X Card. Got mine in the mail today...SSSWWWEEETTT!!!

Attachments

• omax card.jpg
    omax card.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 142

Double D

PR Founding Father
You dont have to race 30, 15, 10, 5. What makes a difference if we have 500 races or 3 races? People will still get to race the amount of races they want. I have a revolutionary idea, why dont we sh1t can the points all together.

I dont quite follow why we cant have a mix of "Must Attend" series events, and regular everyday races for people that want both?

Because the "must do events" wont draw the number riders with 30 OMA races, 100 CRA races, ama races, I will be doing regionals all of June with 10-15 of your regular practicers and loyal followers. More is not always merry. the must do races will become very much same ole same ole.

If you had one chance to see one national a year in the us, or a national once a week. Which single national would draw the most riders/spectators? The only one a year event.

You were closer to revolutionary idea with the transponders and King o the Cliff. still gonna do that?

Wait I got it! What is more exciting, The first date with your hot girlfreind? Or a date with the same girl on your 15th aniversary?

Again dont just take Hershey, Rockets and my word for it. Apparently we are the only ones that feel this way.