OMA-District X

Don't mean to open another can of worms, but I notice there isn't a bomber class for the old bikes? Just wondering if anything is planned for that? Don't expect you to run a race with a 5 man gate, that's just dumb. But if you could get a 15+ plus gate would that be something possible? If there isn't enough, tell people up front you are going to race in another appropiate class. Again, not trying to make a big deal of it, just know there are a lot of guys who like to bring the antiques out and shake the rust off once in a while. :)

Don't mean to open another can of worms, but I notice there isn't a bomber class for the old bikes? Just wondering if anything is planned for that? Don't expect you to run a race with a 5 man gate, that's just dumb. But if you could get a 15+ plus gate would that be something possible? If there isn't enough, tell people up front you are going to race in another appropiate class. Again, not trying to make a big deal of it, just know there are a lot of guys who like to bring the antiques out and shake the rust off once in a while. :)

We are not planning to run the bomber class for points. The classes listed are the every race points paying classes, that we every track will offer. and we will buy end of the year awards and swag for. Now thats not to say that a promotor cant tell a group of guys like OTC (for example), hey bring in ten guys and we will race you that day. Thats very possible, but it needs to be planned in advance.

How much longer on the schedule/rules? Throw us a bone here (early Christmas present).

The last of the final changes decisions are being made on monday/early tuesday, we will release a schedule next week.

Update on Classes, after reviewing the feedback from parents, and doing some deep thinking, mwe have agreed to make the following ammendments to our classes:

1) Supermini will be 15 years and under

2) Mini Sr. will include small wheel 150's, so 85cc/150cc small wheel only

3) Mini Jr. will include 65cc machines, making it a 65/85 class, and still keep the 65cc class too.

4) Adding a 50cc quad class to run with the 70cc quad, or staggered if needed.

Thats all for now, Thanks for your support!

Schedule released 1 week early to paid OMA members!('-')

So you want Connie to email the schedule to all 125 members this week? Ooooff, I dont know if she would be down with that......Its not ready yet, relax. We are still ahead of when D12 used to do it, I can remember that not happening til February.

Check that 130 members another 5 just signed up!

Will the youth classes be age as of Jan 1st. or age day of race? All the tracks we go to and AMA is age as of Jan.1st. Looking forward to spring time ,never been to any of the tracks but making plans for next year.

Will the youth classes be age as of Jan 1st. or age day of race? All the tracks we go to and AMA is age as of Jan.1st. Looking forward to spring time ,never been to any of the tracks but making plans for next year.

Good question, its on the yellow notepad to be discussed.

LL the date is about a week before the event..... I say the date of the event.

Only to stir the pot of course!

Pot%u00252BStir.jpg

I need that shirt!!! Lol

Im thinking we need two unique awards at the banquet next year, in addition to the other cool awards.

1) Pot Stirrer of the Year - To be awarded with a giant boat oar with their name on it.

2) Sand Bagger of the Year - To be awarded with a 5 lbs bag of sand in a brown canvas bag.

and another member added to the list. 294 is now reserved! So pumped for spring to hit and get the season underway! Only about 3 and 1/2 - 4 months to go guys!

I really think OMA will be awesome. I was bummed to see D-12 go down hill when i still lived in western PA. Between 05-08 i did a lot of racing at those tracks, along with some CRA tracks, and if i still lived around there i would definitely have been signed up by now. Good luck with everything.

Back