2013 OMA Tracks Revealed!

The game plan at this point is to run Saturday practice .

I sure you hope you plan on running seperated practices as the PAMX does. PAMX even has medics on Sat. ( Not saying you need that but no 50's/65, and 85's should be on the track at the same time as 250's and 450's]

I hope your not gonna make attending every track at least once a requirement for contending a championship series. You have a spread of about four hours between the northern most and southern most track, and that's just with the tracks you have selected for the year. If you live up north and want to make it to practice at Chillitown by say 8AM you have to leave your house by 3 or 3:30AM, or Visa Versa for Dirt World.

I hope your not gonna make attending every track at least once a requirement for contending a championship series. You have a spread of about four hours between the northern most and southern most track, and that's just with the tracks you have selected for the year. If you live up north and want to make it to practice at Chillitown by say 8AM you have to leave your house by 3 or 3:30AM, or Visa Versa for Dirt World.

Plan on making a weekend of the travel tracks. And Plan on hitting the closer ones In a day.

I sure you hope you plan on running seperated practices as the PAMX does. PAMX even has medics on Sat. ( Not saying you need that but no 50's/65, and 85's should be on the track at the same time as 250's and 450's]

We will run seperated practice on the saturday of race weekends, meaning at the actual event. Probably 6-7 groups. We will not practice 85's with 450's in a group setting. Who does that?

Thats not a requirment of each series, but it is a requirement to race each track once per season for end of the year awards. I think thats in the best interest of Dirt World and Chillitown, who are at opposite ends of the spectruum.

I would think that most people are gonna need to camp at the track or get a room at a local motel to make that happen. I wouldn't want to leave at 3am to go race anywhere. I would rather wake up at the track.

Short practice session Sunday? It is feasible for me to roll out Saturday evening and camp (fun!) then race Sunday. Less feasible to torpedo the whole weekend. The spouse would be, um, upset. Yes, I am at THAT point in life...

I'm really optimistic about the way things are shaping up, and I am seeing a lot of really good decisions here. Some of these places are territory with little previous competition, and ideal for bringing in new racers. I think there is plenty of time to get the word out and promote, promote, promote, before the first race takes place, and beyond the internet. Hopefully printed schedules will be available early and distributed to cycle shops and other places where riders frequent who may not be racers today. I think the weekend events work the best to accomodate travelers, which is very appealing to our group spread over several states, and overnight camping makes all the difference for the less than wealthy (even though listening to generators sucks!) I see lots of potential and a solid foundation here.

motel sign says "Welcome Motocrossers"

How about checking with a few of those local hotels about an OMA discount on race weekends? Earlywine has this setup down south. Oh and can you make your X card extra thin? With all the cards in my wallet, I may begin to develop back issues with the fatness of it. OMA, AMA, CRA all X2. Kroger, CVS, Gas, Visa, insurance, AAA and Fashion Bug. Whew!

Fashion bug??? Really? Isnt that mainly for plus sizes now?

It would be nice if these threads could stay on topic and be beneficial to our sport rather than become lost in a sea of irrelevant comments. Really, what does Fashion Bug have to do with OMA?

I have a difficult time sleeping at tracks without the sound of generators.....

Guess it's just what I got used to growing up. I sleep better when they roar, and wake up when they run outta gas!

X2

It would be nice if these threads could stay on topic and be beneficial to our sport rather than become lost in a sea of irrelevant comments. Really, what does Fashion Bug have to do with OMA?

Geez....just making fun of Nitrofish's post. Didnt realize I was supposed to be so serious.

No fun allowed! Lol

Back