2013 OMA Tracks Revealed!

Thats great. You could def shorten the 6-7 groups down a few. Usually at PRP they run a group of big bikes/then 85-65/then and 50's. As more big bikes show up they go to an A&B group and C-D group.

There are a few.

if you re-read your question, it asks if you could run 85 with the 450's 250's. So I asked who does that? Just clarifying.

In terms of the people concerned with the driving distances, it sounds like you all would be mostly interested in competing in the Battle for Ohio Triple Crown. One race at Chillitown, Malvern, and BC. Three of the biggest races in Ohio for 2013. And you dont have to race all three, but why the heck would you not? Thats more nutty than owning a fashion bug card.

Question about track prep, Will tracks be left rough and rutted in perfect condition or will I see tractors on the track all day making a highway? This is a big reason why I travel outside of Ohio, I don't want a highway. I know the Cliff isn't a highway. Just asking

Question about track prep, Will tracks be left rough and rutted in perfect condition or will I see tractors on the track all day making a highway? This is a big reason why I travel outside of Ohio, I don't want a highway. I know the Cliff isn't a highway. Just asking

I guess thats something we will discuss at the track scheduling meeting.

To say that we are going to hit it out of the park 30 times next year, and have the gnarliest track conditions on earth is pretty far fetched. Nobody is perfect. I would be very very pleased if we can get all the tracks consistantly prepped well. Meaning when you show up it isnt 12" of slop, nor is it too dry where you have blinding dust on a 70° day. We want good track conditions, and we want them to be consistent.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we are not only trying to earn your business but we are also trying to earn the business of several thousand other people that vary in age, ability, and vision of a good track.

Just so I fully understand what your saying, do you mean that you dont like it when track disc the ruts in the corners at mid day intermission?

I personally prefer a rough and rutted track. I know that's not possible every weekend, but when the track is in good shape I don't want to see tractors out their discing. I never understood the point of discing after practice or between motos unless it's dry and you need moisture in the ground.

One more question, will the A classes, Quads or Bikes, have a points series? I thought I seen they would not but just want to be sure.

I personally prefer a rough and rutted track. I know that's not possible every weekend, but when the track is in good shape I don't want to see tractors out their discing. I never understood the point of discing after practice or between motos unless it's dry and you need moisture in the ground.

One more question, will the A classes, Quads or Bikes, have a points series? I thought I seen they would not but just want to be sure.

Thats really the only reason that I personally disc my tracks, is if they are drying out and they need watered. I actually catch heat for not prepping them more at mid-day. My philosophy is get the dang moisture worked in deep so you can go longer without touching it. We will discuss this with everyone. I will update, if i forget remind me.

There will be one Open A bike class, that we will dubbed the Pro class. It will accumulate points for series awards, and end of the year awards. Quad classes are being looked at.

Triple Crown of Ohio. I will be at those three races for sure. Never been to Malvern, but will make my first trip.

SO I hear that some of my OLD BUDDIES are going to pick a class and run every race and "Win that bitch"...

Just sayin. that's what I heard...... :)

Can points not be based on Rider turnout. If you win you get 30 points and that's that.

I hated d12's system because the first race was always a 30 pointer (30 riders or more) and if you missed it, you had to beat your nemesis in the next 2.5 races (filled with less than 20 rider) to catch up....

Or just adopt the pro point system. Points per moto.

Oh, and...Just nutup people. When the schedule is posted plan to carpool with someone. (Stuff 4 bikes in a motovan....seen it happen.) Split cost. Make a valiant effort to see if Racing can be re-born in all of Ohio. If you stay to your local tracks turnouts won't improve, and OMA won't succeed. It's up to the RIDER, if you want to race let's go RACE.

Can points not be based on Rider turnout. If you win you get 30 points and that's that.

I hated d12's system because the first race was always a 30 pointer (30 riders or more) and if you missed it, you had to beat your nemesis in the next 2.5 races (filled with less than 20 rider) to catch up....

Or just adopt the pro point system. Points per moto.

Oh, and...Just nutup people. When the schedule is posted plan to carpool with someone. (Stuff 4 bikes in a motovan....seen it happen.) Split cost. Make a valiant effort to see if Racing can be re-born in all of Ohio. If you stay to your local tracks turnouts won't improve, and OMA won't succeed. It's up to the RIDER, if you want to race let's go RACE.

At meeting 6.7, Jason and I talked about a flat points system (across the board), as far as I know that the direction the rulebook is headed.

Thats really the only reason that I personally disc my tracks, is if they are drying out and they need watered. I actually catch heat for not prepping them more at mid-day. My philosophy is get the dang moisture worked in deep so you can go longer without touching it. We will discuss this with everyone. I will update, if i forget remind me.

There will be one Open A bike class, that we will dubbed the Pro class. It will accumulate points for series awards, and end of the year awards. Quad classes are being looked at.

I don't really have an concerns with track prep. From what I've heard about the Cliff and experienced at Malvern I'm sure these guys will provide the best track conditions possible. As a racer with plans to attend at least 15 of these races,I do still have some concerns with quad class structure. Thank you Jeremy for taking the time to talk to me. I'm still hoping to run the series in the +30 class as well as either A or B. I would even be interested in running a third class at certain events. If we have the classes available and possibly a discounted entry fee for a second or third class we may be able to get more quads on the line in these classes. I sent you a pm about the +30 class, have you had a chance to read it?

George is right, we need to carpool, and work together to help make this a success. I'm already working on carpool options with another rider for my other machine. I'll also have room for one more quad and possibly a bike if there are any racers from northeast Ohio looking to ride together to some of these races.

I don't really have an concerns with track prep. From what I've heard about the Cliff and experienced at Malvern I'm sure these guys will provide the best track conditions possible. As a racer with plans to attend at least 15 of these races,I do still have some concerns with quad class structure. Thank you Jeremy for taking the time to talk to me. I'm still hoping to run the series in the +30 class as well as either A or B. I would even be interested in running a third class at certain events. If we have the classes available and possibly a discounted entry fee for a second or third class we may be able to get more quads on the line in these classes. I sent you a pm about the +30 class, have you had a chance to read it?

George is right, we need to carpool, and work together to help make this a success. I'm already working on carpool options with another rider for my other machine. I'll also have room for one more quad and possibly a bike if there are any racers from northeast Ohio looking to ride together to some of these races.

i'm down. in fact I'm looking for someone to go to BC Saturday.

Me and my quad might need a ride early in the season can't drive till the end of April I'm from Cleveland area

Back