2013 OMA Tracks Revealed!

It would be nice if these threads could stay on topic and be beneficial to our sport rather than become lost in a sea of irrelevant comments. Really, what does Fashion Bug have to do with OMA?

Sorry. In an all day meeting, just trying to amuse myself. I did make a relevant comment regarding the hotel aspect. I have put myself in timeout for 10 minutes. The fashion bug card is my exterminator's business card anyway! It is that time of year, got mice and little critters everywhere.

Ok, it's been 10. I have to talk off topic. I am labeled as a quad supporter, a mini quad parent and I ride a pit bike. I just get beat up If I post. Lol. I like turtles too

Sorry. In an all day meeting, just trying to amuse myself. I did make a relevant comment regarding the hotel aspect. I have put myself in timeout for 10 minutes. The fashion bug card is my exterminator's business card anyway! It is that time of year, got mice and little critters everywhere.

Some good deals at fashion bug. You might get one of those hippie generators for tracks that dont have a 10pm noise curfew, like the ones we stay away from.

Well I will not be going for any season ending awards. Just no way that I will ever have time to make that many runs up north to some of those tracks. Will try and hit BC at their races, Chilitown is only an hour, and will try to get to one or two others sometime. Obama getting re-elected, gas will go to $5 a gallon, no one will be able to drive 4 hours to the races and keep a generator running for a couple days!

I can see 5 tracks on that list that are gonna be a for sure for me. All of the tracks on that list are great quality tracks. I can't wait to see how this all turns out! Super excited for 2013!

Having not been to some of these tracks, what ones seem to be kid friendly. I mean in different aspects. Safety,fun factor yet challenging. I am referring more along the lines of younger kids, 8 and under on the smaller machines and yes small quads. While I'm at it, what ones are good for me on a 125 that does not race competitively anymore. My example for us on each end of the spectrum would be, we both like malvern. Bcliff is a bit much for me, jack loves the A track but a bit uneasy for me to watch him on it. Lets keep this positive, I surely don't want to start a ruckus. I think I will really have to try them out I'm sure and we will.

Having not been to some of these tracks, what ones seem to be kid friendly. I mean in different aspects. Safety,fun factor yet challenging. I am referring more along the lines of younger kids, 8 and under on the smaller machines and yes small quads. While I'm at it, what ones are good for me on a 125 that does not race competitively anymore. My example for us on each end of the spectrum would be, we both like malvern. Bcliff is a bit much for me, jack loves the A track but a bit uneasy for me to watch him on it. Lets keep this positive, I surely don't want to start a ruckus. I think I will really have to try them out I'm sure and we will.

Dirt World put in a pee wee beginner track at the end of the year. I'm sure they will improve it for next year.

At Chillitown we have 1300+ electric and water hook ups so you wont hear too many generators at our place...and its cheaper than running a generator all weekend.

Giraffes have a much longer neck than you would imagine.......just saying

Why do they call shirts with tall necks, turtle necks? They should be called giraffe necks. I do like turtles but they don't have as long of necks as giraffes?

It would be nice if these threads could stay on topic and be beneficial to our sport rather than become lost in a sea of irrelevant comments. Really, what does Fashion Bug have to do with OMA?

I heard that Fashion Bug has signed on as the official clothing sponsor of the OMA Trophy & 30-Second Card Girls.

How are those coton-candy-girls looking now Georgie?

....Hopefully printed schedules will be available early and distributed to cycle shops and other places where riders frequent who may not be racers today.

I think this is effective and hope the local shops do their part to promote the sport too. I recall a gas station in PA had a sign for the High Point Nationals & said they were getting a bit of interest as to what it was all about. It seems so simple, but the little things bring in the fans. Granted no one person or association could afford to mail out schedules to all gas stations, but hey, maybe the more local one get some flyers into their respective towns? Maybe the local Sheetz or Get Go (high traffic areas) if they are in the town? Just a simple thought.

I think this is effective and hope the local shops do their part to promote the sport too. I recall a gas station in PA had a sign for the High Point Nationals & said they were getting a bit of interest as to what it was all about. It seems so simple, but the little things bring in the fans. Granted no one person or association could afford to mail out schedules to all gas stations, but hey, maybe the more local one get some flyers into their respective towns? Maybe the local Sheetz or Get Go (high traffic areas) if they are in the town? Just a simple thought.
Maybe hang a flyer in Fashion Bug! Ok, I'm done.

Jason, Malvern is about a 4 1/2 hour drive for you isn't it? Just wondering?

Every bit of that.

I will say right now I am in the minority, so don't go all crazy trying to make all people happy all the time: I am planing on hitting 2 or 3 races TOTAL, within OMA-X's realm, next year. Chillitown and BC are the 2 closest tracks, so guess which ones I will attend. I don't visit TCMC or DMC (D-11) as I don't see any real enthusiasm by the promoters to run an efficient program on a nice track. I have an easier time burning an entire day at a track when the program is efficient and the track is good (layout and prep).

Class structure won't matter much to me. On my RM250 2T, I can ride +25, +30 and 250B. If a 2T class is offered I can run that one also. On race day I am planning on 3 classes, with one class being a "goof-off" class. This plan might change depending on how classes are combined on race day.

I'm not sure about TCMC, but I always thought DMC put forth an effort with decent crouds. Usually have a good 40+ gate.

Yeah, TCMC has become a joke in the last 5 years. DMC is always pretty decent, and good Vet rider gates for sure.

We will run seperated practice on the saturday of race weekends, meaning at the actual event. Probably 6-7 groups. We will not practice 85's with 450's in a group setting. Who does that?

Thats great. You could def shorten the 6-7 groups down a few. Usually at PRP they run a group of big bikes/then 85-65/then and 50's. As more big bikes show up they go to an A&B group and C-D group.

Who does that
There are a few.

Back