Ok... What did you do to your bike today??

Bought a spare rear wheel. Unwrapped the box, looked at it, put it down, then went to watch duck dynasty on tivo. Uncle Si's a ninja.

Installed new yosh slip-on. Thought about putting on my new rear tire... decided against that for now. Messed with the bus a bit. Layed out a decent plan of where everything is gonna go. Still need to come up with a ramp.

Moved my bike to hide kids Christmas presents behind it.

had KTM put new 2013 mapping in the Dunginator.
springs fork ooil.... MM ready!

No work on the bikes, rode for about 6 hours though. Left the house on the 640 at 8am, 20 degrees, got back at 2 muddy, sore and tired.

Moved my bike to hide kids Christmas presents behind it.

HA! You do that too? For me, it's to hide them from the wife. I'll hide stuff in parts boxes too, the last place anyone around here'd look.

Replaced steering stem bearings on the 250 2-stroke . New plastic started for the 144 and seat cover. Need to finish degluing the tank decals i took off tommorrow.
Going for a new look for 2013 . Rear tire on the 250f and new front tire on the 250 2-stroke., Busy day.

havent touched my bike since washing it after doublin gap. put the 125 on my new pit posse scissor lift though, and watched it go up and down a few times for fun. moved it around just because the stand is on wheels and i could, then put it back where i will continue to stare at it until i get a nice enough day to wash it and begin tearing stuff apart.

image.jpg
Replaced steering stem bearings on the 250 2-stroke . New plastic started for the 144 and seat cover. Need to finish degluing the tank decals i took off tommorrow.
Going for a new look for 2013 . Rear tire on the 250f and new front tire on the 250 2-stroke., Busy day.

What is up with bearings and yz250s? I've changed mine twice in 2 lightly ridden seasons (10 hours or so each year). They guald up....seems like water seeps in there. And I don't go crazy with the pressure washer....???

My Suzuki does the same thing, each winter they lock up. I've been putting off fixing them all December. :( oops hah

The top seal on the YZ's is not up to snuff, try one from the 10 and up YZ450. It's supposed to do a better job. I have one to try, but haven't got to it yet.
View attachment 7494

What is up with bearings and yz250s? I've changed mine twice in 2 lightly ridden seasons (10 hours or so each year). They guald up....seems like water seeps in there. And I don't go crazy with the pressure washer....???

Been there on the yz's. I used LOTS of grease and it seemed to help but your still either greasing often or replacing.

I got the top end off the 125 finally. The dowel pin on one of the power valves fell out. The power valve wasnt moving......

Been there on the yz's. I used LOTS of grease and it seemed to help but your still either greasing often or replacing.

I got the top end off the 125 finally. The dowel pin on one of the power valves fell out. The power valve wasnt moving......

And here you were moving the needle to make it run at BC.

My dad said to use marine grease on the steering stem bearings. Anyone do that ?

I use lithium grease on the steering stem . My Suzuki was new to me and the bearings felt bad so I replaced them.
All balls kit also comes with new dust covers. I grease the inside dust cover to help keep water out .

Well it's the new year and I might be racing a LL Qualifier in a little over 6 weeks! So I guess it's time to get going on bike stuff.

I ordered one of these today for the piggy.

ImageHandler.ashx?itemid=&catid=583&1.jpg

And here you were moving the needle to make it run at BC.

My dad said to use marine grease on the steering stem bearings. Anyone do that ?

That's all I use. just finished a swingarm, lowering link, and steering stem today. Never seem to have any issues when it's time to regrease.

Back