Summit Indoors - Jan. 10,11 & 12

more information please.

:cool:

I wasn't there, or else I would have a video, but I heard from my brother that there was some stuff on the track. Then coming off the track whoever(no clue what number or name) didn't like what Scotty did decided to pull up next to him and kick his bike. Then I guess it escalated into a fight from there. I don't know actually laid hands on the other person first; so I don't want to stir the pot too vigorously. Apparently from what my brother told me tonight after the races when I got home from work that both Scotty and the other kid were allowed to race the evening program. I'm surprised the CRA let it slide.

Or give some live updates...

I'm kicking around the idea of seeing what it would take to set up a live webcast of it for either February or next year.

EDIT: I think I'm gonna try to make it happen in February. I guess I can do it for free via Ustream.tv I'll just have to bring a laptop and setup somewhere stationary with a good, unobstructed view.

Racing was good. So many new people I'm just not up to speed.. kid who won what I assume was B looked good. There was a kid in I believe college boy jumping the bigger rythem which was cool. Track design was pretty sweet. I'm not a huge whoop fan so of course I would like to see another jump section there. Program looked like it was running smooth from when I showed up till the end. Place seemed like it had more spectators too, I'd assume due to the warmer temps. Def made me wanna ride!

Berger and Henry were hauling. And done by 10pm??? Wow. Very efficient program. First time I had made it up to summit, I thought it was pretty cool. I think the music and other cool stuff they mixed into the program was great. Good job.

...both Scotty and the other kid were allowed to race the evening program. I'm surprised the CRA let it slide.

The other kid is Randy Kukral, another fiery red-head, ha. Schafferknocker said the pass was dirty by #23. My flaggers are trustworthy, and I stand by them. It wasn't right by #23 for the rough pass and wasn't right by #507 to provoke the tussle. The riders were split and all parties told to go their separate ways. They were in a moto together again shortly after. They were both informed that if they touched each other they were both disqualified. Turns out, they got the start of 1 & 2. They both rode good races with #23 taking the win I think, he atleast led for a bit.

Both riders faulted in unsportsmanship like conduct. Yes, the indoors often imploy's the adage of "rubbin is racing", but their is a line and it was crossed by #23. Sportsmanship is on and off the track, so #507 is faulted for that reason. The riders were giving a second chance and a fair warning. The idea is to encourage good racing and good people; to encourage the growth of motocross. In order for that to happen; accountability must be in place and we need to behave like men, not boys. They both listened, so we let it go. It is also a just public example, which you can't help but being in the spotlight with this incident.

We also had a minor argument between some teens out back that could have broke into a fight. Again, all parties were told to drop it and leave and knew this type of behavior won't be tolerated.

Overall, it was an AWESOME weekend at Summit. Looking forward to February. Will have a race report posted in a few days. Thank you everyone for your support and help!

I had a great time as always. Had to be a record turnout of spectators. I don't think you coudl have crammed any more people in there. Hopefully Summit Indoors came out ahead this year to cover the last several blizzard races!

The other kid is Randy Kukral, another fiery red-head, ha. Schafferknocker said the pass was dirty by #23. My flaggers are trustworthy, and I stand by them. It wasn't right by #23 for the rough pass and wasn't right by #507 to provoke the tussle. The riders were split and all parties told to go their separate ways. They were in a moto together again shortly after. They were both informed that if they touched each other they were both disqualified. Turns out, they got the start of 1 & 2. They both rode good races with #23 taking the win I think, he atleast led for a bit.

Both riders faulted in unsportsmanship like conduct. Yes, the indoors often imploy's the adage of "rubbin is racing", but their is a line and it was crossed by #23. Sportsmanship is on and off the track, so #507 is faulted for that reason. The riders were giving a second chance and a fair warning. The idea is to encourage good racing and good people; to encourage the growth of motocross. In order for that to happen; accountability must be in place and we need to behave like men, not boys. They both listened, so we let it go. It is also a just public example, which you can't help but being in the spotlight with this incident.

We also had a minor argument between some teens out back that could have broke into a fight. Again, all parties were told to drop it and leave and knew this type of behavior won't be tolerated.

Overall, it was an AWESOME weekend at Summit. Looking forward to February. Will have a race report posted in a few days. Thank you everyone for your support and help!

To note, would have probably been acceptable for the last lap in a main event. Second or third lap in a heat race, when everyone qualified. IMO just was not needed.. Its still AM racing, no money was involved, No contingency was paid out. Not justified for this type of scenario.

Both, by which did a great job in the main event finishing 1-2, with a courtesy high-five after the checkers. Good racing everyone. I am not missing the next round, killed me to be there all weekend and not get to even spin one lap.

Back