BCMX Utopia

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well we havent had any BC news for quite some time. I am pleased to announce that BC will be adding a new event to its lineup this year, Called BCMX Utopia. Essentially this is a 2 moto format race with limited classes, and long motos. This is most definitely a litmus test for years to come. So if you wanna see a small OMA series next season with something like this, you better mark it on your calendar. I know you need the date, Im very very close, like a couple days to finalize the BC schedule.

Ok the nuts and bolts. 2 full practices in the morning, 10 classes, 2-15 minute motos. Pro's are 20min +2 laps. More than likely paying back BC Cash bucks to all classes. Thats the only way I think we can pay cash without getting people in trouble. The paybacks should be pretty good considering there are only 10 classes, I havent finalized that part, but you know me, you guys will be pumped.

The classes will be 50's, 65's, 85's, Supermini, Open C, Open B, Pro, Vet 30+, Big Quad, Mini Quad. I think that covers all the major areas. I will not consider another class, if you dont feel compelled to race this event in the class that you could sign for, then I dont think the BC Utopia is for you.

Right now Im leaning toward June 9th which is the day after High Point, or possibly July 21. I will let you know.

June 9th is in the heart of "regional time" for Loretta Lynn's racers which is a good target audience for this and would take many out of the loop. July 21st would be a perfect warm up and long race to train for Loretta Lynns!

Just sayin!

I think this would be huge if all tracks would go to a limited format. Huge gates, long moto's, etc... I tried giving everyone 8 laps during a mx race a few years back (2 minute lap time average rider) and you wouldn't believe the hype going into it only to have half the riders want the 2nd moto cut back to 4 laps. lol The majority of racers can sprint for 4 maybe 5 laps and then they are spent unless they are hard core and train from what I have seen. Wait till you see some/most fall off pace. If this was a standard the riders would adjust and pace themselves and or train for longer motos. I like the idea as the amount of classes these days are crazy. The classes seem to keep growing as trying to please everyone and it seems most want a class that they feel they can be competitive in which leads to todays endless class list. Great idea and +++ for giving it a go.

June 9th is in the heart of "regional time" for Loretta Lynn's racers which is a good target audience for this and would take many out of the loop. July 21st would be a perfect warm up and long race to train for Loretta Lynns!

Just sayin!

I orginally had this slated for July, and KOC on June 9th, and I might just keep it that way.

And to all - there will always be another race going on, nothing can be scheduled perfectly. So, the choices are June 9th and July 21.

Well, the cross over between Loretta Lynn's hopefuls and Mid-Ohio Vintage bike riders is an easy comparison for BCMX Utopia in my mind as competing events on different dates, but you're the one throwing the party, so you choose!

How about dealer checks for payouts? The rider tells you what dealer to make the check out to and the rider gets help as well as the dealer everyone wins.

As for a new event with date problems, I think there is way to much being thrown on 1 plate to fast.

Whats perfect for one might not be perfect for another. Schedule it and for those that show up it will be "Utopia".

How about dealer checks for payouts? The rider tells you what dealer to make the check out to and the rider gets help as well as the dealer everyone wins.

As for a new event with date problems, I think there is way to much being thrown on 1 plate to fast.

I like the idea of getting dealers to foot the bill.

That maybe be true, but I got a big damn plate, and a big damn fork to eat with too.

I like the idea of getting dealers to foot the bill.

That maybe be true, but I got a big damn plate, and a big damn fork to eat with too.

The dealer is not footing the bill. Say You pay out $25 to 1st place in a class you can not pay them cash or write a check out to them so instead you write the check out to a dealer of their choice so thay can take the check their and spend it.

Dosent matter how big your plate and spoon is if your sitting at the table eating by yourself

The dealer is not footing the bill. Say You pay out $25 to 1st place in a class you can not pay them cash or write a check out to them so instead you write the check out to a dealer of their choice so thay can take the check their and spend it.

Dosent matter how big your plate and spoon is if your sitting at the table eating by yourself

Denied! Next idea......

Back