The good ole' days

nitrofish

PR Addict
Diggin' around in my old stuff I found this and much more. The brochure from my first new bike, 87 RM 125. Blue engine, sweet. Platypus front fender, not. Oh, and of course I had to have that helmet, I still got it hanging in my garage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 194
I must be getting old,1987 was last year I bought a new bike a 1987 cr 250 honda

Lol. Well 89 was my last year for a new bike before I called er quits and here is the brochure for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 179
'86 and '87 where the dark ages for my career, i had that blue motor turd as well. had that goofy horn growing out of the top of the head.... WTFE
Now the 250 that year was a great bike but man the 125 was scary slow...
btw, I hade the helmet also. Loved it... has the little white "Suzuki" on each side. Wish i still had mine. But man was I happy to turn those bikes back in...

I have been cleaning out stuff from Mom's house since dad past away last year and stumbled across some more goodies! Enjoy. Please post if your name is in the points section or you know of someone that is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 476
I know a few

I have been cleaning out stuff from Mom's house since dad past away last year and stumbled across some more goodies! Enjoy. Please post if your name is in the points section or you know of someone that is.

My Dad Steve Miller in super senior points along with Gary McClain (he works the gate at COCR to this day) John Vanhorn in 250B, Mark Weaver and Adam Merrick I am lucky enough to know all of these people to this day, other than my dad RIP!!

If they would have had points for C Class that year, I probably would be somewhere

what season was this??

I know many guys on that list. Jeff Gibson, Mark Burkhart, Mike Ivers, JD Collins, Josh Steele, Phil Alderton, Dave Puckett, Robbie Sturggel, Mike Combs, Mike Jenkins, Richard Robinson, Kenny Reif, Chuck Reed, Mark Musselman, Mike Blair, James Eickle, Blian Armbruster. Is this from District 11??

looks like district 11 points from 1989, notice no points for C-class the way it should be

if there was 125c points then id be somewhere on the list I won at Muskingum Valley that year on a 1988 RM-125 with a 38mm CR-500 carb on it, my dad Steve Miller engineered. I lead wire to wire both motos including both holeshots Mark Weaver made fun of my bike before practice because of the honda carb then stood out and watched both motos from the middle of the track man that was my best race, period!!!

what was your number back then? I was #217 then 1988 rm -125 and in 250c a RED/WHITE 1986 YZ-250 that was my dads old bike we may have diced it out some if you ran Honda Hills, Muskingum, or COCR I usually had good starts

I did race Honda Hills back then, then and COCR some. In '89 I was on a '88 YZ 250. Number 91 at that time. In '91 I switched to number 250.

I have been cleaning out stuff from Mom's house since dad past away last year and stumbled across some more goodies! Enjoy. Please post if your name is in the points section or you know of someone that is

Yes, that was just how many years ago?

4.30.89 points. I have a lot more notes from 89 and 90, district 11 news letters and personal notes my dad took. Throw your name out if ya want and I'll search my stuff for ya. I was # 65 125 B in 88-89 and A for a few before I quit. My nemesis was J. Buehl Woosley Randlett and Large over the years.

Oh, I got tons of video from Honda Hills , Weavers and COCR and some indoor stuff as well. It's on VHS though.:(

I am Jim persinger 598 in 30+ it seems to me district 11 points ended in the spring. so if that is true this would be the season end for the 88 season. seems like we have allot of points for april 30th. I would love to see anything you have

P1010579.jpg

Speaking of the good 'ole days, recognize anyone in this photo? It's Smith Road Raceway, riders meeting circa 1976-77. Little blurry and shot in B/W but still worth lookin' at. The good ole days!

Back