The good ole' days

mblair

PR Founding Father
I have been cleaning out stuff from Mom's house since dad past away last year and stumbled across some more goodies! Enjoy. Please post if your name is in the points section or you know of someone that is.

thats awesome!! i still have the D11 winners jacked in the closet form 250A that year...HAHA

had allot of fun racing with all my friends back then and we always got some great A class turnout then. I can remember going to COCR and having over 20 riders in both A classes.

I have been trying to find a couple of old friend from that list too. Brothers Brad and Scott Davis from just outside of Cambridge. If anyone knows what might have happen to them that would be great.

mblair

PR Founding Father
4.30.89 points. I have a lot more notes from 89 and 90, district 11 news letters and personal notes my dad took. Throw your name out if ya want and I'll search my stuff for ya. I was # 65 125 B in 88-89 and A for a few before I quit. My nemesis was J. Buehl Woosley Randlett and Large over the years.

Nitro we had to have raced together quite a bit way back in the day then. Heck James Large was the best man when i got married the first time. We used to run together quite a bit both on and off the track. Heck of a good dude!!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
thats awesome!! i still have the D11 winners jacked in the closet form 250A that year...HAHA

had allot of fun racing with all my friends back then and we always got some great A class turnout then. I can remember going to COCR and having over 20 riders in both A classes.

I have been trying to find a couple of old friend from that list too. Brothers Brad and Scott Davis from just outside of Cambridge. If anyone knows what might have happen to them that would be great.

If you find the Davis bros. Tell them I need a new helmet paint job.

Hey Mikey, I am putting together an old fart convension for Indy. Hit me up and we can do some bench racing and drink until we can feel feelings.

Should get that jacket bronzed... with the closure of D11 motocross that thang could be worth millions in a couple years.

motox37

PR Member

I still have the first loser participation certificate

nitrofish

PR Addict
Nitro we had to have raced together quite a bit way back in the day then. Heck James Large was the best man when i got married the first time. We used to run together quite a bit both on and off the track. Heck of a good dude!!

I remember your name, I was 17 at the time so I was kinda quiet. Was James the one that went on to become a multi-time hillclimb champion? I always assumed it was him, if so I met him again when he rode for Reiser's cycle some years ago.

Here are a few more tidbits I found.

Attachments

• dirt country.jpg
    dirt country.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 168
  • kenworthys.jpg
    kenworthys.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 150

John250

PR Founding Father
I used to race Dirt Country (Dust Country back then), and Kenworthys all the time. Dirt Country had 20 races on their schedule back then! I remember riding there alot back then, but wow, 20 races. Anyone else remember racing under the lights at Dirt Country back in the day? I remember some nights getting home at 3am. But is was great. Never had to be to the track till 330 or so. I loved racing there on Saturday ngihts.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Since my mother was a scorer at Dirt Country I don't think I ever missed a race there in the 80's. spent most of my childhood there. Nothing like a Willa burger and a coke at 2am waiting for ur second moto. I have a million pictures of that time. I will dig out a great pic I have of the mini jr class back in 1981. It is me. Chuck Reed, Blair, Brad Welsh, Mark Gibson, Jon Agin, Mike Wheeler, Mike Palmer, Mussleman, and I few others. Thanks for posting the pics and flyers. Makes me feel young again

Tom

PR Elite
I used to race Dirt Country (Dust Country back then), and Kenworthys all the time. Dirt Country had 20 races on their schedule back then! I remember riding there alot back then, but wow, 20 races. Anyone else remember racing under the lights at Dirt Country back in the day? I remember some nights getting home at 3am. But is was great. Never had to be to the track till 330 or so. I loved racing there on Saturday ngihts.
LOL I count 21 races. This year they have 3

MalvernMX

I raced there a lot in the early to mid 90's. Seems like most of them were night races. It was a 3 hour drive but we kept going. I ran #65 on Honda's in c and b class back then.

mblair

PR Founding Father
Knox that would be a blast at Indy but i cant make it this year unfortunately. But we aren't that far away from each other and i am sure we can make the drinking happen!! thats one thing i have improved at with age!! I will have to see if i can dig up that jacket from the basement and get a picture. I am doubting that it fits anymore though.

Nitro - Yup that would be the Jammer. He is a great guy and still has a couple of bikes and rides every now. Funny thing with his hillclimb championships he had never ridden anything bigger than a 125 on dirt until he threw a leg over a nitro burning Reiser hill climber.

John250

PR Founding Father
Chris do you know what ever happened to John or Mike Wheeler? Used to hang out with John Wheeler and Buster Gray at the lake in the late 90s then kind of lost track of both of them. Not sure if John still has the muffler shop or not.

John250

PR Founding Father
Another awesome thing I noticed on the Kenworthys flyer. 11 classes!! 11........I think I counted 13 on the DC flyer with like 3 quad classes. Also, sign up was only $7 for B class. Man it would be nice to only have 11 to 13 classes!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Another awesome thing I noticed on the Kenworthys flyer. 11 classes!! 11........I think I counted 13 on the DC flyer with like 3 quad classes. Also, sign up was only $7 for B class. Man it would be nice to only have 11 to 13 classes!

Briarcliff Utopia, 10 classes, June 9th. Done.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Chris do you know what ever happened to John or Mike Wheeler? Used to hang out with John Wheeler and Buster Gray at the lake in the late 90s then kind of lost track of both of them. Not sure if John still has the muffler shop or not.

I ran into Mike about 10 years ago, He did work at Dayton Door sales. Heard he moved to Georgia, dont know...
Last I heard John still runs the muffler shop but really it has been 15 years since i seen him.
Big Bad Buster I think lives real close to me in Vandalia but have not seen him in even longer.

MalvernMX

Briarcliff Utopia, 10 classes, June 9th. Done.

If this something that everyone really wants and not something that everyone just wants to talk about then we need to blow this event up. Make it obvious to us that is really what everyone wants. If so it will most likely turn into a series the following year.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
From one race to series, to entire schedule: to everyone in the AMA talking about all the fast kids from Ohio who only know what racing long motos with a limited class structure is. Flop of the AMA. OMA take over. Muahahahahahahahahahahah.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
There is no doubt that this is me putting my foot out on a branch, and it most certainly is the test for possible things to come. If it is modestly attended, we will do it again, if it is heavily attended, then there is a good chance we will consider a series for 2014. CONSIDER.

John250

PR Founding Father
I think it will be interesting.....how many come, but yet what people have to say after it.