The good ole' days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 118
Here are a few video shots, Honda Hills, COCR and Columbus indoor. All 125 B. I tried to pick out parts that showed most of the racers, ya gotta remember the videos are follwing me. The first track (Honda Hills) is funny because I remember hearing Roy Randlett's mom, Girlfriend or whoever always yelling "go Roy" lol. I have more I'll work on. When I converted the VHS tapes to DVD I some how copywrited them. Now I can't edit or upload them. WTF! Funny, I am preventing myself from using my own stuff. I may sue.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1F4NRRPnLpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are a few video shots, Honda Hills, COCR and Columbus indoor. All 125 B. I tried to pick out parts that showed most of the racers, ya gotta remember the videos are follwing me. The first track (Honda Hills) is funny because I remember hearing Roy Randlett's mom, Girlfriend or whoever always yelling "go Roy" lol. I have more I'll work on. When I converted the VHS tapes to DVD I some how copywrited them. Now I can't edit or upload them. WTF! Funny, I am preventing myself from using my own stuff. I may sue.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1F4NRRPnLpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool! Very Cool!

Dust country. I only race there 4 times. I found an old video from the last time i race there. 3 125 pros and no recession go figure. 1988

Hard to believe that COCR used to be THE place to go. I think 4 times is about how many that I went to DC as well.

I have been cleaning out stuff from Mom's house since dad past away last year and stumbled across some more goodies! Enjoy. Please post if your name is in the points section or you know of someone that is.

14 classes total....wouldnt that be nice today!!!

Those vids are so much nicer without the sounds of all the fart bikes out there.

I wouldn't mind having that Hi Point trailer that is in the background in those shots.

Thats awesome Joe. Brings back some great memories. Saw myself, Chuck Reed, Buehl, Eickel...those were some good races back in the day. thanks!!

Great video from the COCR tower cam! Many club members put in many hours back then and it really showed. Always loved watching you fast, young guys get around there. COCR was the last still racing MX track going back to my very first year of racing. COCR, Athens and Hocking Valley are around from that first year, all clubs and all still holding HS races but no more MX.

How about all that mulchy goodness in the Honda Hills video?

Thanks for posting a vid where i actually beat you.. lol Was nice to remember that many of us on the gate at a local race. Wish i could remember how much $ we made that day. And Jeffro had it right, nice to hear the 2 smokes and not the "fart" bikes

Thanks for posting a vid where i actually beat you.. lol Was nice to remember that many of us on the gate at a local race. Wish i could remember how much $ we made that day. And Jeffro had it right, nice to hear the 2 smokes and not the "fart" bikes
I had a flat..... Just kidding. Tim Shepherd was in that race too as were the Beckington brothers.

Did everyone notice in those videos that we actually had Doubles, whoops and even ruts in the corners? And we all lived to talk about it... Now EVERY double has to be filled in so little Johnny and jump it, whoops are replaced with a FLAT straight and the corners are like glass... 1989 COCR = 2013 San Diego Supercross.... (COCR at least had passing, so I guess it was better)

Back